Do you mean 
Last Guardian
10959 posts

Re: Home Tycoon: Feedback and General Discussion

Oct 5, 2012

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

v_Trillian_v wrote:

v_Trillian_v wrote:

I was at 0/30 workers and decided to buy a bunch, went with the best/most costly package and spent 55 gold coins to get 135 workers. Used some of them then logged off. When I came back on and went to this Hellfire Tycoon space not only were the majority of my 135 workers I paid for missing but I now had only 20/30 workers! Huh?

Hmm, this is a first. We're on the case though!

That would be appreciated, thanks.

We've gifted you some Gold Coins to purchase more Workers. Hopefully you won't lose any more in the future... probably still some server weirdness going on with all the traffic this week.

wait til weekend. it get way worst

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 181 of 704 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2916 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I've been spending a lot of time with this Tycoon game now, and I got to say I really like it. You don't even have to spend your own money to get far on it. I appoligize for my earlier rants. :manembarrassed:

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 182 of 704 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7343 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

I enjoyed this game somewhat early on, however as countless others have mentioned, it seems little more than an excuse to squeeze every last nickel out of those who try to play it DESPITE all the problems.

Was there a beta for this, and did the testers not complain that there was no opportunity to earn the coins in game? I've been trying to play it, but wow it's frustrating and time consuming when not spending any money. The countless errors just make it worse.Sometimes workers are regenerated when offline, sometimes they aren't. Sometimes they regenerate when I'm online in Home but at a different space, sometimes they don't (like when I went to earn rank of private at Novus prime...none of them returned. I guess i better stay away from Novus Prime).

Hellfire, I'm sure you'll probably ignore my question, but I'll ask anyway. What is the cost required to purchase all expansion packs and build a large city in a reasonable amount of time (say a week)? $100? I'd really like to know.

I find the desperate pleads to purchase coins and other content in this game a bit distasteful. Unless the end result could be truly a city to explore and interact with through our avatars, I won't spend anything on this.

*update I just checked, and after being offline for 11 hours, no workers regenerated. So this is the way it is or isn't supposed to work? Hmm...I think I lost interest again.

Please use plain text.
Message 183 of 704 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10959 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

al2009man wrote:

I found a bug here: You hold the circule button to take a postcard (to display in the City Navi) however it doesn't update mu new postcard. not sure if that only happening to the server or just itself

There's a 60-second buffer between postcards, so make sure enough time has passed before you try to take another one. If you're not seeing a postcard at all in the City Navigator, something else may be going on. Please let me know.

not seeing it at all after re-taking another postcard

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 184 of 704 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

After playing it for a day or so, I do see the potential of Home Tycoon, but did fell disappointed because I was expecting more and it lacked depth.

The tutorial (or story) kind of ended awkwardly leaving us questioned if that's all of it, and there isn't that much variation in the buildings either.

Being a freemium I understand developers need to make money, but the way of selling items in the expansion packs to unlock a feature isn't what I wanted to see. Give us some kind of standard bare minimum set for free, and bring a premium set with better stats or more buildings as purchasables. Kind of stupid of promoting a game as free where we can't build the minimum requirement a city needs, like the police station.

Please use plain text.
Message 185 of 704 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7343 posts

Oct 5, 2012

asfghjklEU wrote:

After playing it for a day or so, I do see the potential of Home Tycoon, but did fell disappointed because I was expecting more and it lacked depth.

The tutorial (or story) kind of ended awkwardly leaving us questioned if that's all of it, and there isn't that much variation in the buildings either.

Being a freemium I understand developers need to make money, but the way of selling items in the expansion packs to unlock a feature isn't what I wanted to see. Give us some kind of standard bare minimum set for free, and bring a premium set with better stats or more buildings as purchasables. Kind of stupid of promoting a game as free where we can't build the minimum requirement a city needs, like the police station.

I agree, but I think Hellfire wants to hear from PAYING customers about the complaints. That way they can throw some extra coins at them to try to make them be quiet while the whole thing teeters on the brink of being just barely playable for the rest of us. I think I'll go back to that Novus Prime game now...oh wait, Tycoon hates Novus Prime and my workers go on strike when I'm there. I'll just find something else to do.

Please use plain text.
Message 186 of 704 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
650 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

I've been spending a lot of time with this Tycoon game now, and I got to say I really like it. You don't even have to spend your own money to get far on it. I appoligize for my earlier rants. :manembarrassed:

No, you do. Everything requires workers, which requires tokens. unless you paid, you did not get anywhere.

Goodbye PSN home, You made the PS3 different, In a good way.

Please use plain text.
Message 187 of 704 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Let_lt_Bleed wrote:

al2009man wrote:

I got some question: I hear they was a Novus Prime building for used in Home Tycoon. How to get that?

The beatdown of the english language continues.....

AL's English is better than your Spanish.   :smileytongue: 

Please use plain text.
Message 188 of 704 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Angry_Santa wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

No, you do. Everything requires workers, which requires tokens. unless you paid, you did not get anywhere.

Tokens or a lot of patience. Driving around whenever you're bored and collecting briefcases is the best, free way to earn workers. You'll earn about 3 times faster than waiting 10 minutes for 1.

Please use plain text.
Message 189 of 704 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
393 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I'm having a weird issue. Yesterday I accepted a challenge in which getting to level 12 in Novis Prime would get me money, but today I got back on Tycoon and the challenge is no longer on the screen.

I also can't get to the option where I found the challenge in my office; that option seems to have disappeared.
Please use plain text.
Message 190 of 704 (242 Views)
0 Likes