Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 17 2007
By: Seerkin~ Splicer 48 posts

Home - The beautiful People. Uglies vs Pretties.

5 replies 52 views Edited Mar 17, 2007
@_@.

Is it just me.. or does home seem kind of sterile. Now now fanboys.. calm down, I am not implying that home is not COOL. It is COOL.. BUT.. it's just TOO COOL.. on some fronts atleast. The character models you see in the GDC video look a little too pristine for my liking.. something tells me that a world of "personal flare and customization" is going to be lost in a sea of "gap" and "AE" replica clothing.. cyber goths abound?

When I log into the fantastical world of Playstation.. I don't want to be greeted by a virtual representation of everyday life. I want wonder, and mysticism.. bewhilderment and wild fancy. These are choices that I feel users should have with home.. as it stands right now - home is super sterile.. its like "California: The Video Game". Meh, maybe it's just me.. but theres something tempting about running around a room.. your personality represented by a 3ft tall drunkard with a muddled tan.. and cheeto fingers that gets me giggleing. Perhaps Sony will ease up on the "cutting edge" image of "gen x" and focus on fun, and true choice.

Just my oppinion.. who agrees? o_O.. any takers?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Re: Home - The beautiful People. Uglies vs Pretties.

Mar 17, 2007
Something to this....
Id like to be able to change my avatar any time.
A day running around as a bum with dirty clothes would be pretty fun
Or a guy covered in blood yielding a kitchen knife...haha
Or running through crowds blasting off gunshots (that cannot hit anyone i suppose) would be fun too
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Mar 17, 2007

Seerkin wrote:
@_@.

Is it just me.. or does home seem kind of sterile. Now now fanboys.. calm down, I am not implying that home is not COOL. It is COOL.. BUT.. it's just TOO COOL.. on some fronts atleast. The character models you see in the GDC video look a little too pristine for my liking.. something tells me that a world of "personal flare and customization" is going to be lost in a sea of "gap" and "AE" replica clothing.. cyber goths abound?

When I log into the fantastical world of Playstation.. I don't want to be greeted by a virtual representation of everyday life. I want wonder, and mysticism.. bewhilderment and wild fancy. These are choices that I feel users should have with home.. as it stands right now - home is super sterile.. its like "California: The Video Game". Meh, maybe it's just me.. but theres something tempting about running around a room.. your personality represented by a 3ft tall drunkard with a muddled tan.. and cheeto fingers that gets me giggleing. Perhaps Sony will ease up on the "cutting edge" image of "gen x" and focus on fun, and true choice.

Just my oppinion.. who agrees? o_O.. any takers?

Yeah it would be fun if you could just be some drunk dude... but i bet sony wont do that, I think the weirdest we will be able to get is like purple green and blue hair.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5980 posts

Mar 18, 2007
Well if someone who uses home wants to create an avatar.. why would he make it ugly? just think about it.
We are tired of waiting for god damn playstation home
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Mar 18, 2007
this should be in this thread
don't start new threads unless it really is a new topic.
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (52 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30081 posts

Mar 18, 2007
Let's try to keep it in this thread for now.  Thank you.

Will HOME have fat people??
Fastest Grandma In GT
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (52 Views)
0 Likes