Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Apr 02 2007
By: Drezee1 Survivor 2971 posts
Offline

Home Sweet Home

8 replies 44 views Edited Apr 2, 2007
For people saying that Home will be stupid dont jump to conclusions so fast. For moast people it will be a way to get away from the mundane everyday life they live. They could just go there an interact with different people an make new friends or meet up wih ones from the gaming community. Not all people have the bread an butter lives that most do an Home could give them that sweet exscape from reality for just a time being. So dont hate on it before you can fully appreciate it.
Message 1 of 9 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/12/2005
Offline
10063 posts
 

Re: Home Sweet Home

Apr 2, 2007


Playboi2778 wrote:
For people saying that Home will be stupid dont jump to conclusions so fast. For moast people it will be a way to get away from the mundane everyday life they live. They could just go there an interact with different people an make new friends or meet up wih ones from the gaming community. Not all people have the bread an butter lives that most do an Home could give them that sweet exscape from reality for just a time being. So dont hate on it before you can fully appreciate it.


Well the problem with your thought here is that you are infringing on a person's rights by telling them not to hate/dislike the product as everyone is entitled to their opinion, the only thing you can do is tell them the facts and hope they listen to them but if not nothing more you can do but just play it out. Just check out this long conversation I had about this very thing
 

PSPMAN07 wrote:


MOOPY_JERKINS wrote:


PSPMAN07 wrote:


MOOPY_JERKINS wrote:


PSPMAN07 wrote:


MOOPY_JERKINS wrote:


PSPMAN07 wrote:


VonGak wrote:


PSPMAN07 wrote:


--Voldo-- wrote:
yep your THE only one.


No he isn't I agree with RaAsuar as he has a point, Home will not please everyone, but it would please others, and the guy is entitled his opinion so lets not give him trouble for it, but let him live with his decision


We are also allowed to have opinions and debate his when he presents it like that.
Also, there's nothing wrong in informing someone who obviously has based his/her/its opinion soly on ignorance.
Home is optional and not forced upon anything, it's even a seperate download plus all the match making features are supported by the XMB.


Though this is true, people are going to voice their opinion, and there is nothing wrong with that, Yeah I don't agree with how its presented either but, thats how it is, you can change that, its what they think you can tell them fact, but they don't have to believe it if they don't want to, plain and simply its going to be said no matter how you try to get away from it, so why fight it, just tell them the facts about Home and if they believe good and if they don't thats good to, just don'y argue over the fact because no matter what you say it won't change the persons mind, only the person in control of their thought processes can do that.





Hahahahah, believing, or rather, agreeing with an opinion is something someone has a choice over, but denying fact is simply, for lack of a better term, retarded. It is mutually agreeable that, to a human eye, the sky is blue, is it not? By rejecting that reality and fact, and saying that you think the sky is purple, you are wrong. Your opinion is less grounded, ill-founded, and wrong. Fact is fact. You can't not accept it. If you do, you're worthless.

Well I wouldn't call it retard it , I would just disagree and just state facts and leave it alone, even if we all think disagreeing with fact is "retarded" that doesn't stop people from doing it, so its just as I said you can't make anyone believe anything they don't want to and that person has to see for themselves, best thing you could do is state the fact and if the person doesn't believe sobeit, and you just walk away and know that you spoke the truth, no sense of arguing.





Ah but when you are right you have every reason to argue, to defend all reason and logic. And you CAN make someone believe you, by force. If they don't want to believe you, so be it, but if a gun was put to their head, they would change their mind. And if not, they can just be shot, theiruseless anyway. As you can tell I'm looking at this from a more philosophical persective versus just an internet-esque perspective, so we might not be on the same page, lol.

Yeah we definitely aren't on the same page, even if I were to look at it the way you are it still would be flawed, as you have said "put a gun to some ones head they we say what you want or just get shot" well thats true but why do that and on top of that you are torturing someone so yes they will say anything to defend there life or if they are really stubborn they will die for what they believe in. Not to get into politics or anything, but the court system has turned down evidence and testimonies because of the answer has come from a person being tortured, even if its fact and true, it still would be turned down because the method of going to retrieve the evidence is the wrong way, and basically your statement is the same, Why try to change some ones thoughts on something if they don't believe the facts, its not like its hurting anyone. On top of that you make the statement "their useless anyway" I can only say one thing, if you actually feel that why try to change someones thought it won't work and it doesn't matter one person feels one thing the other another thing, everyone is entitled to an opinion, if not that would be dictatorship and on top of that many people would be executed as there is someone out there everyday that disagrees with something, like I said its best to state your opinion and the facts and move on. Its the best way to handle things, especially here on the internet





lol we're completely off-topic , but continuing, I will say this. It is not in the effort to change someone's thoughts to your own (some will disagree), rather, it is in effort to stop someone from being wrong.

As I said earlier, facts are facts, opinions are opinions, we've established that. But I don't think you've quite differentiated the two. Everyone has a right to an opinion, and it can be whatever they want it to be, and trying to change someone's opion is immoral. But when someone is refusing to accept facts, then they are endangering humanity. For when humanity refuses to accept reality, we are no longer able to progress as a species. We were given the ability to think and use logic, why not use it? thats like a guy living his entire life with his eyes closed, just becaus he didn't want to see. He's harming others around him because they have to take care of him, and hes not a great example of a human. It's senseless. All he has to do is open his eyes, that is to say, all people have to do is accept the facts.

Techinically we aren't off-topic as I am saying that no one should be bashing the poster because of what s/he said as this person is entitled to their opinion, and yes I very much so know the difference between fact and opinion and I understand fully what you are saying, but I don't think you get what I am saying, a person doesn't have to listen to the facts, example if you told me not to go into the street because there are cars coming fast and will hit you and it was fact, I still have a choice (Emphysis on the word choice) I could listen to what you say or I can go out into the street and get hit, I don't necessarily have to listen to what you say fact or not, if I don't want to here it, I will not listen, another example take this whole discussion we are having and say that you are speaking fact, but yet I am clearly disagreeing with what you say, its choice of me saying this person is wrong no matter what, fact or fiction. It doesn't matter if the saying is fact or fiction as its up to the person to believe or not to believe what you say despite what you think or say one person always has a choice in the situation, listen or to believe what they want, and for those strong willed people they choice 9 times out of 10 would be the latter. So the thought about not listening to fact and logic ruining Humanity, is not very effective, even if its true, You can't stop one person from making the choice they want to make as it is simply not your choice to make its the person you are talking to. Plus additionally, Logic can also be wrong if the foundation that Logic was built on was errored.


Message Edited by PSPMAN07 on 03-26-2007 11:31 PM




And you present a valid point, people can choose how they see fit, but returning to your example, in the end, the one who llistened to the fatcs is alive, and the other... roadkill. And again, logic, as you said, can be flawed. But that's what we have scientists and philosophers and historians for. to study and study and re-study everything we know, and to help bring us facts, genuine facts, like the one that says if you go in front of a car, there's a good chance you will die. that's a very helpful fact

also, off-topic wasn't the best word, I just mean we up and started debating, and we're not even talking with anyone else about home but we're getting something accomplsihed (maybe), so all is well.

 
Message 2 of 9 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 02/11/2007
Offline
2971 posts
 

Re: Home Sweet Home

Apr 2, 2007
Yea I agree that everyoneis entitled to their own opinion but what um saying is why should you knock something down when it even built yet. Wait until we get the project up an running before you make your judgement. He/She can say what they like but just keep an open mind to what the big Picture is
Message 3 of 9 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/12/2003
Offline
1589 posts
 

Re: Home Sweet Home

Apr 2, 2007
I am just excited about the fact that this will be a good way to meet new friends for online play and get a good friends list going. This will be a great tool for Socom or any such game that has clan support to have clan meetings. It beats setting up a room within the game just to sit there and talk.
Message 4 of 9 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/12/2005
Offline
10063 posts
 

Re: Home Sweet Home

Apr 2, 2007


Playboi2778 wrote:
Yea I agree that everyoneis entitled to their own opinion but what um saying is why should you knock something down when it even built yet. Wait until we get the project up an running before you make your judgement. He/She can say what they like but just keep an open mind to what the big Picture is


Well as I can agree with that, enough info has been given to make opinions about it so I can understand the talk, as people are going around saying "Home will be awesome" there are also some that would say "Home sucks", but the people come down on the people who says the latter and its not right, as everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as I said its enough info to get a general idea about Home so you could either like it or dislike it at this point. 
Message 5 of 9 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 02/11/2007
Offline
2971 posts
 

Re: Home Sweet Home

Apr 2, 2007
Now I do agree that some people are putting it on a high pedistal an havent played it yet but if their life sucks the way mine do it would be like Heaven so why not put it in high reguards.
Message 6 of 9 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
133 posts
 

Re: Home Sweet Home

Apr 2, 2007


Playboi2778 wrote:
Now I do agree that some people are putting it on a high pedistal an havent played it yet but if their life sucks the way mine do it would be like Heaven so why not put it in high reguards.



make your font larger damn it's hard to read as it is.
Signature removed by Admin due to inappropriate content.
Message 7 of 9 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/12/2005
Offline
10063 posts
 

Re: Home Sweet Home

Apr 2, 2007


Playboi2778 wrote:
Now I do agree that some people are putting it on a high pedistal an havent played it yet but if their life sucks the way mine do it would be like Heaven so why not put it in high reguards.


Well, I think that its more than just putting the game on a high pestedal, its more of the anticipation like MGS4 everyone says its going to be good which in most cases it will be, its the anticipation of Home that we are hearing (and in cases where people say "Home sucks" is anti-anticipation)
Message 8 of 9 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 02/11/2007
Offline
2971 posts
 

Re: Home Sweet Home

Apr 2, 2007
I'm just ready for all the major titles to come out like MGS4 RE5 Assasins Creed along with the Home Beta Service. Ican go to Home meet up with someone an challenge them in Madden 08 NCAA 08 or some other multiplayer game. The good thing also about Home when your in lobbies online you only get to see the avatar pic an cant interact at all only type. IE like we are doing now  see with Home you get to meet an greet a virtual person whom you had been chatting with an playing against online. I for one hope that I am Picked for the first series of Beta Testing. But to all those who dont like Home its in their Constitutional rights to say so but(an this is my opinion) you might be missing out on a whole new experience
Message 9 of 9 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes