Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Re: Home Starting Out The New Year With A Broken Shirt!

Jan 1, 2010

Conrad_Max wrote:

the1cj wrote:

what if you were brand new on home and seen this mess up...?

If I were new to Home, I would have thought, "Wow! This brand new shirt looks really cool!"

People not being able to celebrate to gether wasn't SCEA's fault. It was the fault of the person who set the clock of their PS3.

Quality Assurance tests are done on a seperate closed server. Once the product passes the test, it is released on the public servers. The problem with public servers is the internet, internet traffic and each user's individual internet set up.

In my job for the Navy, I work for Quality Assurance. When a product leaves my hands it is in the best quality possible. After that, quality begins to deteriorate due to multiple people handling it and how it is stored and used. It is the same for our virtual items and updates. Once they leave the QA server, the product begins to be pulled apart (figuratively) by the sources I mentioned above.

Message Edited by Conrad_Max on 01-01-2010 03:13 AM

I didn't know you were a navy man I am as well but the fact remains there has to be someone who is responsible for making sure everything is going as planned and everthing is working as it should and clearly in na they have been failing IMO.
A mind thinks as to our lips speak of what's thought yet a thought on point may be joked on,it stays simple but true. High standards above us that pretend to be our literature and emotions step in and edit our purpose without cause but only effect, leaving us defenceless and confused as to not knowing why or what purpose we have of actually being here. But my truth remains and the facts of me are simple and understanding, which in turn is my strenght to help others, I am the1cj, remember that.
Message 21 of 62 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 1, 2010

I'm glad for the manually-change-time exploit

I was at a real new years event : )

Message 22 of 62 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2462 posts

Jan 1, 2010

I couldn't see the ball srop at midnight EST. That may well be due to the fact that I had my PS3 clock set to Daylight Savings time.

After finally reading here about setting the clock manually which I did I was able to see the ball drop, not at the correct time but by my PS3 clock time which I manually set to get in at a "fake" Mightnight EST time. I also had corrected the Daylight Savings time.

After I saw the ball drop I quit HOME and every time I went back I've seen the 2009 Happy Holidays ball. Whether that will change after I power off I don't know.

I did see the New Years hat and I thinks it's OK. I haven't yet found the New Years Eve shirt. 

I thought there were three popups saying I had gotten something. If there was, I don't know what the third one was/is.

I wish there had been better communication from SONY in regards to the Midnight Hour. Still, all in all, it was an interesting experience, perhaps in part of the whatever it was that caused me to miss the ball drop (which may have been my fault).

Mr. Clark of ABC's New Year Ball Drop from what I saw seemed to be doing fine in regards to his stroke. 

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Message 23 of 62 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

Jan 1, 2010
I loled.  I'd hate to be working on Home right now.  I'm actually assuming they got a holiday and that's why things have been especially wacky lately.  Hardly anyone's at the office to fix the things that go wrong.
Net neutrality is a lie. Stop acting like an idiot when you're online.
Message 24 of 62 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
869 posts

Jan 1, 2010
That's not gone well at all.
Message 25 of 62 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
515 posts

Jan 1, 2010
the way some people complain on this board, me incliuded. it would'nt surprise me if the devs etc just don't care anymore.
Message Edited by KathR on 01-01-2010 10:25 AM
Message 26 of 62 (4 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1568 posts

Jan 1, 2010

I got this and got the same failshirts as you all have. lol

Gonna be quite a surprise until I get to see it. :smileywink: 

Message 27 of 62 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Jan 1, 2010

Conrad_Max wrote:

the1cj wrote:

If I were new to Home, I would have thought, "Wow! This brand new shirt looks really cool!"

People not being able to celebrate to gether wasn't SCEA's fault. It was the fault of the person who set the clock of their PS3.

Quality Assurance tests are done on a seperate closed server. Once the product passes the test, it is released on the public servers. The problem with public servers is the internet, internet traffic and each user's individual internet set up.

In my job for the Navy, I work for Quality Assurance. When a product leaves my hands it is in the best quality possible. After that, quality begins to deteriorate due to multiple people handling it and how it is stored and used. It is the same for our virtual items and updates. Once they leave the QA server, the product begins to be pulled apart (figuratively) by the sources I mentioned above.

Really? When the new user puts on the shirt in the wardrobe then get out from it and see the shirt is totally different, next thing the new user sees is the shirt clearly reads Not Found. Wow, looks really cool? Looks like a fail product with no one take care of quality control.

アメリカのホームは本当にガッカリですね。まぁ、それも仕方ありませんね、無能の連中がたくさんいますから。

Get your Portable ID!
Message 28 of 62 (4 Views)
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Jan 1, 2010

JunKB4U wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

the1cj wrote:

Really? When the new user puts on the shirt in the wardrobe then get out from it and see the shirt is totally different, next thing the new user sees is the shirt clearly reads Not Found. Wow, looks really cool? Looks like a fail product with no one take care of quality control.

Kudos  to many people on here just accept sonys failures with lines like the shirt was free home is still in beta its all hogwash if you ask me we need a year end report for home imo.
A mind thinks as to our lips speak of what's thought yet a thought on point may be joked on,it stays simple but true. High standards above us that pretend to be our literature and emotions step in and edit our purpose without cause but only effect, leaving us defenceless and confused as to not knowing why or what purpose we have of actually being here. But my truth remains and the facts of me are simple and understanding, which in turn is my strenght to help others, I am the1cj, remember that.
Message 29 of 62 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Jan 1, 2010
i'm really starting to believe that Home is some kind of social experiment to see how much we can be screwed over and keep coming back for more.
Photobucket
Message 30 of 62 (4 Views)