Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
776 posts

Re: Home Needs To Die

Nov 26, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
They have said it will not be on playstation 4. Home is exclusive to the playstation 3.

Stated officially here
http://m.us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-home/

2013-11-25_Only_the_Icon.png

"Playstation® Home can be found under the Playstation®Network icon exclusively on the PS3."

buck, may I add *at this time*, that is the case.

things do change, and Playstation Home still makes a profit for many.

Playstation Home is still fun, regardless of bugs or whatever else, but nothing serious enough to stop many of us from going into Home or posting about what we do in Home here.

Shadow, you are funny. If you really didn't like Playstation Home and wanted it to die. You wouldn't even bother posting here. You would be gone and not say a word. That's how I would handle it, if I was honestly that fed up with it.

Please feel free to share this among your friends everywhere online who deal with trolls, stalkers and others who harass out of bitter jealousy, self-righteous indignation, lack of self-esteem, psychotic delusions, etc.

Many may imitate me, none will ever duplicate me.
They will troll to elevate their self-esteem by tearing others down,
instead of simply being themselves by building themselves up.
However, they will not have all my wonderful friends
and they will never truly sound nor act like me to fool my real friends.
Time will reveal the truth of who they are and what they do.

They will not be me, they will not win what counts,
never will they have my heart. ^.~ Quote: Your_Empress on PSN

Please use plain text.
Message 121 of 128 (328 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
776 posts

Nov 26, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:
Does Home need to die over all this?  No...  From day one of the Open Beta Home has been under bad management.  What would happen if we had management that wanted to bring back the original idea of Home?  Everything would be a 100% better.  If Sony got Home out of the OB last year?  We could have had a Home2 on the PS4.  We might even have more people want to advertise and or invest into Home.

Here's the irony:

We the users of Playstation Home are indirectly part of the management of it.

We speak through our purchases and forum activity, or lack of it. Tempest_Fire pointed this out awhile ago.

Pointing fingers does not really help much, enjoy it as much as you can, and offer up some ideas for it's future, maybe even Kaz Harai may read this?

Who knows, anything is possible. Just don't give up so easy, especially if there is love left in your heart for Playstation Home.

2013-11-24_Whorunspshome2.png

Please feel free to share this among your friends everywhere online who deal with trolls, stalkers and others who harass out of bitter jealousy, self-righteous indignation, lack of self-esteem, psychotic delusions, etc.

Many may imitate me, none will ever duplicate me.
They will troll to elevate their self-esteem by tearing others down,
instead of simply being themselves by building themselves up.
However, they will not have all my wonderful friends
and they will never truly sound nor act like me to fool my real friends.
Time will reveal the truth of who they are and what they do.

They will not be me, they will not win what counts,
never will they have my heart. ^.~ Quote: Your_Empress on PSN

Please use plain text.
Message 122 of 128 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2013

From what I've been gathering from reading your posts through out this thread, you just want home to die as an excuse to be finally free of it. Your a Home addict and you want to quit but you can't stop. One of the ties that seem to be holding you back from leaving is the money you've invested into it. I do understand that. This isn't the 1st virtual world where I've spent alot of money on. There have been others in the past and I eventually just let them go per say. Or rather I'm on a break, a very long one.

Perhaps that is what you need, a break from home, you can tell yourself that you can return whenever you want. Maybe you already have. You just need to ween yourself off it, take a longer break each time after coming back for a bit. Eventually you'll have days where you'll think about getting on, but then forget about it. I've done this with WoW, SWTOR, and starting to with DCUO.

You just need to move on with those who wish to follow, instead of staying, trying to convince others who still see life in something you don't. Perhaps another issue that is keeping you bound here is you don't where to go. Which can be understandable too. I sometimes think about when Home finally does shut down, should I return to one of the virtual worlds that I was once a part of? If they're still around that is. Or perhaps will there be something new out by that time that I will join instead.

Please use plain text.
Message 123 of 128 (301 Views)
Limit Breaker
16188 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Avoided this thread like the plague..Since Shadow-Runner has been saying Home was going to die since February and it has not well..I think Shadow should just quit and if and when Home decides to retire then Shadow can say ''I TOLD YOU'' and in doing so would save some space on the forums.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 124 of 128 (295 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3589 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Oh wow. give it a rest. Don't like it anymore don't use it. 

agreed!  

-~CheetahJustice ︻╦╤─ - - - - ) ) )
Bambi-01us
Please use plain text.
Message 125 of 128 (294 Views)
Survivor
1979 posts

Nov 26, 2013
First of all...

For those who have been paying attention to the posts...Im not the only one who feels the way I do. Take it a step further, and there are plenty of others OUTSIDE these forums who also agree with my perspective. So, it's not like I am a one man army. Furthermore, telling people to delete Home and stop using it isnt the solution...but it's the best you guys can come up with...so I understand. Instead of pointing the finger at US and labeling US as the problem, you should be pointing it at Sony and the Home staff; those who actually run, maintain and oversee Home production and operations. The problems and issues I listed are VALID and like it or not, people DO have a right to complain about them, to the extent of demanding repairs and solutions. I stand by my OP when I say either they should get Home running up to par...or drop it completely. The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few...and if you trully believe you are "the many"....like I said, go outside these forums and take a look around. This community is outnumbered. Sorry...but it is. And if you all would take the blinders off for 2 seconds, you might see that. There are several of you who cannot or will not see past your own self riteous loyalty for this half baked service, you call Home...and that loyalty is compromising your judgement, perspectives and to some extent...even your personalities. Can you imagine what you must look like, to the rest of us; when you wave your pom pom's in the air and start jumping in front of bullets...to defend a service that is FAR from perfect, let alone up to standard? No...I dont suppose you do. It is people like you, who are holding the rest of us back, from getting Home fixed, updated, upgraded or even on the PS4. You tell us we do not speak for your group and that you want to continue using Home, in all it's flaws and corruption. We tell you and your group that we use the service too...and we think it could be better maintained, or better off discontinued. Noone is gonna win, here. Obviously. Some of us have way too much money invested in Home to delete it and stop using it...so telling us to do so, is a waste of your time. Thats like saying "If you dont like the hamburger you paid for, because it has pickles on it...and you dont like pickles...then dont eat it." Youre lucky I dont throw my hamburger at your face, for telling me that! I want the friggin thing FIXED! It's that simple.

Secondly...bashing me, putting me down, and demonising my character and integrity....when the lot of you dont even KNOW me outside of these forums, speaks volumes about you and who YOU are, as people. You dont have to agree with me and how I feel on this particular matter....but you dont have to lynch me for it, either. Especially when I AM right, even to the smallest degree. I would expect this community to be open and open minded to ALL point of views and perspectives, whether you like them or not...and respect the opinions and beliefs of your peers, in doing so. Instead, your "hive mind" mentality does the only thing it knows how to do: "What did he say?! How dare him?! Let's crucify him and hang him upside down, from the HUB ceiling while the trolls peel the flesh off of his feeble body!" <----- This community has a long way to go.

And dont worry, Jers...

When Home finally does shut down, you better believe I WILL be here to say "I TOLD YOU SO"...and I will blame all of you, for it's discontinuation. Because all of you have/had the power of voice and thought, to stand up and demand a better service than what we were given....and you chose to lay down and give up, just so you could have your little sandbox to play in. The power of the individual is great. The power of the community is greater. United we stand, divided we fall. Instead, you chose to accept what we have, as it is...and continue to throw money at the developers, for "more stuff". We have told you time and time again, to vote with your wallets...yet you keep throwing cash at them, makin it rain. Developer prices are too expensive, because you people continue to pay them to buy "more stuff". If everyone on Home would take ONE wednesday update and NOT buy a single thing from the devs...the community would be sending a very powerful message. Feed the beast. Who cares if we have more important things to be concerned with? Feed the beast. Prices are too high, buy it anyway. Feed the beast. You are shaping Home to be EXACTLY the way you subconcously want it to be....and I dont like your vision. I protest your vision and how your actions or lack thereof continue to shape this platform. But I wont stop using it...because that is not a justifiable solution, to me. But I WILL blame you. All the way to the end of Home's days.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 126 of 128 (262 Views)
Welcoming Committee
8916 posts

Nov 26, 2013
At this point Shadow, I think you are trying to save face in the zero hour so you can rest comfortably post-Home and say 'Nuh uh wasnt me. I didnt collapse the system. It was them. All of THEM'
You're trying to make yourself seem holier-than-thou and its actually rather pathetic. You made this bed too Shadow along with the rest of us. Lay in it. You dont get to 'quit' you get fired like the rest of us.
And to belittle others for not demanding Sony fix their errors is completely outrageous when you yourself linked the support forum and its 368927381037 pages. We have tried. Everyone I know has given all they had (and more) to this service, including their time, patience, money, insight, feedback, suggestions, guides, tours, videos, etc.
What have you done? What have you changed? What have you added?
Thought so.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 127 of 128 (245 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
3306 posts

Nov 26, 2013

This thread appears to have run its course. Locking it down. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 128 of 128 (238 Views)