Reply
Apr 28 2007
By: Hotdog Wastelander 904 posts
Offline

Home Moderators/Game Masters

46 replies 19 views Edited Apr 28, 2007
I wonder if the completed Home version will have game moderators or game masters like other massive online games I have experience.
 
Final Fantasy XI has game masters to enforce policy and players conduct. I have seen them in a few occasions dressed in their flaming god like armor. I actually got placed in jail for accidentally cursing someone out after they stole a notorious monster from me and was educated about the policy and was issued a warning.
 
I wonder how Home moderators/game masters will be presented.
 
I think it would be interesting to see the resemble a S.W.A.T team and rush in and take someone down like a drug bust or maybe resemble the guys from the Matrix.
 
What do you guys think? What online conduct violations would you think would warrant action?  
 
 
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 47 (19 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/22/2007
Offline
158 posts
 

Re: Home Moderators/Game Masters

Apr 28, 2007
Im sure that they will have GMs, but having them look like Agents, ROFL!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 47 (19 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/12/2005
Offline
10063 posts
 

Re: Home Moderators/Game Masters

Apr 28, 2007


stephenokelley wrote:
I wonder if the completed Home version will have game moderators or game masters like other massive online games I have experience.
 
Final Fantasy XI has game masters to enforce policy and players conduct. I have seen them in a few occasions dressed in their flaming god like armor. I actually got placed in jail for accidentally cursing someone out after they stole a notorious monster from me and was educated about the policy and was issued a warning.
 
I wonder how Home moderators/game masters will be presented.
 
I think it would be interesting to see the resemble a S.W.A.T team and rush in and take someone down like a drug bust or maybe resemble the guys from the Matrix.
 
What do you guys think? What online conduct violations would you think would warrant action?  
 
 


Yes Home will have Moderators. We don't know how they will look, most likely they would look like normal members so that people who are offenders aren't alerted to their presence as they would want to stop trouble in home, and if the moderators are known then trouble won't happen while they are around. Besides Moderators are normal members as well so they monitor the situation but they also my have uses for Home as well
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 47 (19 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/26/2007
Offline
312 posts
 

Re: Home Moderators/Game Masters

Apr 28, 2007


stephenokelley wrote:
I wonder if the completed Home version will have game moderators or game masters like other massive online games I have experience.
 
Final Fantasy XI has game masters to enforce policy and players conduct. I have seen them in a few occasions dressed in their flaming god like armor. I actually got placed in jail for accidentally cursing someone out after they stole a notorious monster from me and was educated about the policy and was issued a warning.
 
I wonder how Home moderators/game masters will be presented.
 
I think it would be interesting to see the resemble a S.W.A.T team and rush in and take someone down like a drug bust or maybe resemble the guys from the Matrix.
 
What do you guys think? What online conduct violations would you think would warrant action?  
 
 


omg genius!
PSN: Turtlesrus add me
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 47 (19 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/21/2003
Offline
904 posts
 

Re: Home Moderators/Game Masters

Apr 28, 2007


UBlender wrote:
Im sure that they will have GMs, but having them look like Agents, ROFL!


Yeah, I was just trying to think of something outside the "norm" perspective. LOL!
 
What about online conduct violations? Noone seemed to comment about it.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 47 (19 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/07/2006
Offline
243 posts
 

Re: Home Moderators/Game Masters

Apr 28, 2007
ya there will be, and that a good thing. HOME is not a myspace or a face book, its a comunity for gamers and developers, Not a hunting ground for 50yr old ppl behind their pcs looking for young kids like in myspace lol
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 47 (19 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/16/2006
Offline
483 posts
 

Re: Home Moderators/Game Masters

Apr 28, 2007
Harassment, Exploiting, and Flooding/Screaming into the mic.

If you were smart enough to read this sentence forward, put it in your sig.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 47 (19 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/11/2006
Offline
2117 posts
 

Re: Home Moderators/Game Masters

Apr 28, 2007
I think I would hang out near the trouble makers just to see them get taken down by S.W.A.T team haha




Message Edited by killroykill on 04-28-2007 02:06 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 47 (19 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/21/2003
Offline
904 posts
 

Re: Home Moderators/Game Masters

Apr 28, 2007


killroykill wrote:
I think I would hang out near the trouble makers just to see them get taken down by S.W.A.T team haha




Message Edited by killroykill on 04-28-2007 02:06 PM

LMFAO! It would be hilarious to have a "Online Prison" for violators. You could scheduled visitation with the warden.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 47 (19 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/11/2006
Offline
859 posts
 

Re: Home Moderators/Game Masters

Apr 28, 2007
I know there will be but they'll prolly look like us, or turn there selfs into a bush or something

stephenokelley wrote:
I wonder if the completed Home version will have game moderators or game masters like other massive online games I have experience.
 
Final Fantasy XI has game masters to enforce policy and players conduct. I have seen them in a few occasions dressed in their flaming god like armor. I actually got placed in jail for accidentally cursing someone out after they stole a notorious monster from me and was educated about the policy and was issued a warning.
 
I wonder how Home moderators/game masters will be presented.
 
I think it would be interesting to see the resemble a S.W.A.T team and rush in and take someone down like a drug bust or maybe resemble the guys from the Matrix.
 
What do you guys think? What online conduct violations would you think would warrant action?  
 
 



hit counter
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 47 (19 Views)
Reply
0 Likes