Jun 20 2007
By: PS2and2405fpw~ Monster Hunter 45 posts

Home Locations: Stadiums

11 replies 3 views Edited Jun 20, 2007
Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but I haven't seen anything about yet. Has anyone heard anything about stadiums in Home? ESPN has done features about Madden world championships, and I'm sure there are major ones for all the big sports games. It'd be neat if you could watch these live through Home. Sony could even hype up and host ones of their own.

Like, they could have a Madison Square Garden locale through the Home network. You could have a view a basketball game from whatever seats your in, talk to the people around you, or switch over to a moving camera view to see the game from whatever angle you like. I don't know how popular it is for people to watch virtual games right now, but the idea seems cool. Footie would definitely be the most enjoyable to watch, I'd say. Hell, I'd watch F1 races too. Really for a fan of any specific game, it'd be cool to see how the best players in the world do it.

It'd be even more entertaining to watch FPS world championships, but you probably couldn't use a stadium setup for that. Still, I'm sure there's a great way to do it, and I'm sure at some point major Playstation game tournaments will be broadcast over Home.
PSN ID: Bandon
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Re: Home Locations: Stadiums

Jun 20, 2007
it actually has been brought up b4 in a post that i made... Ideas for Home.  but that was awhile ago and we came to the grand conclusion idea that it would be cool if you could go to a stadium and watch a Live NBA game for free.... or even watch it in the theatre :smileytongue:
but it'd also be cool if Home made its own sports teams and lets say if u have NBA 07 you could join a team and play while the stadium you're in is real and other ppl can join the stadium to watch you guys play :smileytongue:
Home Team- TeamElite
PS3 Online ID- Platinum16
Email- HooeyB@mac.com
19/m/toronto

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5666 posts

Jun 20, 2007
Will I be able to attend ticketed (paid-for) special events?
Yes, in time Home will play host to many types of event. Bespoke events such
as exclusive game previews and developer interviews will be organised by
Home and its affiliated content providers. Live events such as sports and
concerts may also be broadcast within Home.

Would we be able to showcase bespoke events such a live broadcast
of a multiplayer game?
Absolutely - it would even be possible to replicate a game that is being played
by two players together on one PS3, replicating their avatars and movements
on the "world stage". This could be an invitational match, with users paying to
view the event live.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1492 posts

Jun 20, 2007
i love it.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1589 posts

Jun 20, 2007
I think they should show the Madden Bowl in home. It would be neat to actual see how these guys that win all this money playing madden play.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Jun 20, 2007
hmm seems like it could happen. I like the Idea.
3 Out Of 2 People Don't Understand Fractions. My ID is stickyblah feel free to add me.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3636 posts

Jun 20, 2007
Maybe next year they'll host tournaments in those Home stadiums. ex: "Go to the Resistance Dome to get in on the tourney"
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1072 posts

Jun 20, 2007
ufc and pride fighting champisonships would be so sweet
Ps3 owner
PsP owner
Ps2 owner
Ps1 owner

PS3 TAG-KILLERSPARTAN
curently working on :Metal Gear

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1825 posts

Jun 20, 2007

PS2 and 2405fpw wrote:
Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but I haven't seen anything about yet. Has anyone heard anything about stadiums in Home? ESPN has done features about Madden world championships, and I'm sure there are major ones for all the big sports games. It'd be neat if you could watch these live through Home. Sony could even hype up and host ones of their own.

Like, they could have a Madison Square Garden locale through the Home network. You could have a view a basketball game from whatever seats your in, talk to the people around you, or switch over to a moving camera view to see the game from whatever angle you like. I don't know how popular it is for people to watch virtual games right now, but the idea seems cool. Footie would definitely be the most enjoyable to watch, I'd say. Hell, I'd watch F1 races too. Really for a fan of any specific game, it'd be cool to see how the best players in the world do it.

It'd be even more entertaining to watch FPS world championships, but you probably couldn't use a stadium setup for that. Still, I'm sure there's a great way to do it, and I'm sure at some point major Playstation game tournaments will be broadcast over Home.

that would be pretty cool but if they do add the feature they would probably make you if its direct tv on demand channels it you get wht i mean
messiah---
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1825 posts

Jun 20, 2007
that would be pretty cool but if they do add the feature they would probably make you pay for it if its direct tv on demand channels it you get wht i mean

the top reply i missed som words^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
messiah---
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes