Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2772 posts

Re: Home Goodwill store! Good Idea?

Aug 29, 2013

:^/ On the related issue of clutter in our inventories, how about a storage layer called "Do Not Verify." Items placed here would not be verified on Sony's servers, and so loading times would be faster. The trade off is that the items would also be unusable until they were moved out again and verified.

This would avoid accidental deletions and the headaches that would go with them, while still speeding up load times.

As for giving older items to others, I'm in favor of that, but if they were items that were still available in the stores, we shouldn't expect developers to support the idea. Maybe for otherwise unavailable items it could work....

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 34 (102 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7532 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

There are many people who donate to Goodwill. Many of the items donated are dirty, broken or do not work. Basically, it's a way to get a tax write off without having to pay for the disposal of garbage.

A few of the people who "shop" at Goodwill walk out without having paid for the item)s). They shoplift. Some even break items in the store without reporting it.

I've been working at Goodwill for almost three months...

I believe that if we had a "Goodwill" in Home, we will also have similar problems.

As for being able to delete items, that would be a nightmare for many users as they accidentally delete something they want. And even if SCEA said that they will not return deleted items, people would still come to the forums to complain and keep the phonelines busy.

What I think we need is a better way to manage our clothes, spaces and items. And I believe it will be possible one day in Home (core update).

You're worried the "donated"  virtual items would need laundering, be broken or amount to unlawful tax deductions?

I think the "deep storage" idea that others have mentioned would be the best solution for freeing up space in our cluttered inventories.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 34 (95 Views)
VP of Gaming
25823 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

myalana wrote:
You're worried the "donated"  virtual items would need laundering, be broken or amount to unlawful tax deductions?

No. My concern is about people cheating the system and maybe somehow duplicating an item for "donation" or trade - perhaps selling it. And just maybe that duplicate may also be less than perfect. Perhaps harmful to their account or console. 

But my main concern is people, through their naiveté, are given an item that will result in the termination of their PSN account.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 34 (92 Views)
Survivor
2082 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Im game if this would ever happen but we are no fools here...were stuck with them :smileyfrustrated:

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 34 (69 Views)