Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 12 2007
By: TheNextHendrix Fender Bender 3086 posts

Home Beta Testing Question

9 replies 4 views Edited Apr 12, 2007
     Ok, I've never been interested or researched any kind of beta testing. I'm interested in Home beta test and would like to ask some questions.

1. I'm not 18, can I use my dad's account?

2. So, if I were to get into the beta, I wouldn't be able to share info with anyone publically? Like, I'm guessing I can tell my friends and not have Sony Spies following me.

3. I know the point of the beta is to see what people like and dislike. Does Sony call you or something to give you a survey, do they e-mail you something or what?

4. To access the beta, is there like a special program only your PS3 can access, or do they send you a disk or something?

Thanks to whoever answers ahead of time for your help.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
620 posts

Re: Home Beta Testing Question

Apr 12, 2007

Read the beta thred 
* ̿̿'̿ '̿'\̵͇̿̿\з==(•̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿'̿ *
It is so nice to have a public speaking forum that doesn't edit or delete posts based
on the Mods opinion.!!!
thanks alot PSU and thank you Mods
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3086 posts

Apr 12, 2007
     Ok, I guess I could do that. I was just being lazy.

EDIT: I didn't see what I was asking for. Please, can someone answer the questions?

Message Edited by PS3Player on 04-11-2007 05:35 PM
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Apr 12, 2007
I know that if your under 18 you can still participate in the beta but if your under 13, you need permission from a parent

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Apr 12, 2007

PS3Player wrote:
     Ok, I've never been interested or researched any kind of beta testing. I'm interested in Home beta test and would like to ask some questions.

2. So, if I were to get into the beta, I wouldn't be able to share info with anyone publically? Like, I'm guessing I can tell my friends and not have Sony Spies following me.

3. I know the point of the beta is to see what people like and dislike. Does Sony call you or something to give you a survey, do they e-mail you something or what?

4. To access the beta, is there like a special program only your PS3 can access, or do they send you a disk or something?

1. You could use your parents account

2. You would probably have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. As far as your friends... I'm sure Sony expects that in an average household, there will probably be more than 1 person using the PS3 in question. Therefore, I'm sure it'll be ok, within reason, if a few of your friends come over and check the beta out. What is NOT ok is leaking information to the media or on forums or to the masses through any other way.

3. Usually a special-access website is added with a forum and whatnot for discussion on the beta. However, this being Home and all you might contact the developers of Home directly inside Home!

4. I am pretty sure they will either mail out discs with a firmware update or something that will allow access to Home.
Jerry Smith
PSN: jsmith

- Waiting PATIENTLY for Home
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6720 posts

Apr 12, 2007
I swear to god that i heard like a swarm of people say that you have to be 18 to test it. If not thats cool
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6540 posts

Apr 12, 2007

jds023 wrote:

PS3Player wrote:

1. You could use your parents account You'd have to pretend to be 18 though

2. You would probably have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. As far as your friends... I'm sure Sony expects that in an average household, there will probably be more than 1 person using the PS3 in question. Therefore, I'm sure it'll be ok, within reason, if a few of your friends come over and check the beta out. What is NOT ok is leaking information to the media or on forums or to the masses through any other way.

3. Usually a special-access website is added with a forum and whatnot for discussion on the beta. However, this being Home and all you might contact the developers of Home directly inside Home!

4. I am pretty sure they will either mail out discs with a firmware update or something that will allow access to Home. You could just download it directly onto your ps3 most likely.

And you must be 18(or they must think you are 18 :smileywink:) You only need to be 13 if you want to play online after it is released.
LittleBigPlanet��� Information Thread

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Apr 12, 2007

Participation in the Trials is on the terms of this agreement ("Terms"), which apply in addition to the PLAYSTATION®Network Terms of Service and User Agreement you have already accepted. You will only be able to take part in the Trials if you accept these Terms. Acceptance of these Terms forms a binding contract between you and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited of 10 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7LP ("us", "we"). You must be over 18 years of age and a PSN Master Account Holder to participate in the Trials.

keep the contents of the Trials confidential as between you and us and not discuss them with anyone beyond your close friends and family and other Trialists. In particular, neither you nor your friends and family shall discuss them with anyone linked to a competing format and/or any news and/or information services or on any chat-line (whether on television or radio, in newspaper or magazines, or via the Internet or any other medium).

you can read that as ... the account holder is responsible for the usage of the account but family members both younger and older can look at home/use home on that account. Same with close friends as they assume you will want to share the ideas and friendships that Home will entail.

____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Apr 12, 2007
of course this was already discussed in a few threads such as

so next time try searching rather then asking similar questions
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Apr 12, 2007

PS3Player wrote:

u need 2 be 18 there are only adults on home
Signature removed by Admin due to inappropriate content.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (4 Views)
0 Likes