Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
919 posts

Re: Home Avatars as our PS3 avatars.

Mar 7, 2010

Oh btw if you are talking about where you select the user, where you log in to your PS3 you can, put a pic of your avatar there. Just log on to your PS3 then on your name press the triangle. Go to the information tab press X. then X again. Go to select image and pick any pic's you have on your HDD..

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

Mar 7, 2010

...Nah, the PSN avatars work for me.  I'm happy with this one.

If you want a picture of Home's future, imagine a boot stamping on an avatar's face... forever.
What we have here is failure to communicate. Some people you just can't reach.
"I have this thing I do? It's called THINKING." -George Carlin
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6106 posts

Mar 7, 2010

They should at least give people the option - but to be truthfull - After being in Home for over a year,,, I am kind of tired of looking at myself lol...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5451 posts

Mar 7, 2010

Wishful thinking, I know. But I wish we could use our own jpgs or gif images as our PSN avatars. Home Avatars?

Hmmm... Nah. I prefer to keep the two separate. But I guess wouldn't hurt to have the feature if it were possible.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Mar 7, 2010

I think having the ability to upload an  image from your hard drive to serve as your PSN avatar would be a nice addition. Although that would probably involve another system update, which would mean this comment would be better suited for a different forum. Nevertheless,  we already have cameras in Home, so hypothetically a PSN user could upload any image that he or she wanted. If Sony is not too keen on this idea then they should offer us a wider selection of PSN avatars to choose from.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3543 posts

Mar 7, 2010

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

They should at least give people the option - but to be truthfull - After being in Home for over a year,,, I am kind of tired of looking at myself lol...

I NEVER get tired of looking at myself

(Or my Female self! )

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (3 Views)
Wastelander
760 posts

Mar 7, 2010

A few problems I see with adding personalized JPEGs and GIFs as PSN avatars.  If you right-click on anyone's avatar here, they are approximately 240x240 pixels, in PNG format.  Most other boards that allow you to upload custom avatars demand you stick to certain height and size stipulations, suck as 240x240 max height, or 100KB max size.  Shrunken JPEGs and GIFs without being scaled according to aspect ratio start to look downright hideous.  Not to mention content: anything inappropriate will get the axe eventually.

There are just too many variables to allow that sort of thing on the entire Playstation Network, which consists of millions of users, not a close-knit chat board community of a few hundred.  Impossible?  Of course not.  Impractical?  Absolutely.

If you want a picture of Home's future, imagine a boot stamping on an avatar's face... forever.
What we have here is failure to communicate. Some people you just can't reach.
"I have this thing I do? It's called THINKING." -George Carlin
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (3 Views)
Lombax Warrior
261 posts

Mar 7, 2010

I like that idea, its better than the other regular psn avatars...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (3 Views)
I Only Post Everything
704 posts

Mar 7, 2010

I Prefer Heavy rain Graphic base Avatars almost so real!!! Now that's my kind of graphics!

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5451 posts

Mar 8, 2010

gman_harmon wrote:

A few problems I see with adding personalized JPEGs and GIFs as PSN avatars.  If you right-click on anyone's avatar here, they are approximately 240x240 pixels, in PNG format.  Most other boards that allow you to upload custom avatars demand you stick to certain height and size stipulations, suck as 240x240 max height, or 100KB max size.  Shrunken JPEGs and GIFs without being scaled according to aspect ratio start to look downright hideous.  Not to mention content: anything inappropriate will get the axe eventually.

There are just too many variables to allow that sort of thing on the entire Playstation Network, which consists of millions of users, not a close-knit chat board community of a few hundred.  Impossible?  Of course not.  Impractical?  Absolutely.

Excellent post!!!! That makes perfect sense, and though you crush my dreams of maybe having it one day, you at least gave me a solid reason as to why I wouldn't want to see it anyway. Oh well... Next suggestion please! :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (3 Views)