Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Re: Home 2012... what happened?

Oct 24, 2012

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Besides the trophy room, I didn't see much in that video that we don't already have now.

That trophy room was actually used by nDreams when they made the Good/Evil Aquarium room in Xi. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (221 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
942 posts

Oct 24, 2012
I been here since dec 11 2008 on home. never had the invite to the closet because I got my ps3 in aug 2008. I do like the new content that comes out in the remodel home in 2011. one thing I like to see get rid of is the hub and remake the central plaza too a more modern real place better than cp in 2011. Have it with boards of games in home for new comers and rules of home. Plus with general information about home. have the four corners with launch pad with districts on home for easy entry to them. they rename it the information district.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (194 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
30912 posts

Oct 24, 2012

i really wish they had stuck with the game launch feature and not half-assed it then stop working it completely.

it looked so awesome in that vid when i first saw it, it still looks awesome today.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Now that all of you mention it, all of the content in the trailer is practically implemented within Home. I just wish that it looked the way it did in the trailer. The dances appeared more fluid and the character detail seemed much more intense. As for the Beta status, what if our Home is just a beta for the real one which would come out on PS4!?

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8487 posts

Oct 25, 2012

ElDiablo789 wrote:

Before I begin, I would like to say that I absolutely love Home. It's a fun place to play games, meet people and customize yourself as well as a personal space. I am just one of many who mindlessly make purchases almost every update, a zombie to Sony basically. I have been here since the closed Beta and intend to be here until the end. However, today I was searching through youtube looking for some old Home event videos just for the sake in satisfying my nostalgia. Then, I came across this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZY2vwlh5-g

I've owned a PS3 not even half a year after its release and been playing actively ever since. I remember seeing that video long ago and being super hyped for Home. I remember the immense joy I had when I received the email from PlayStation Network addressing me that I was going to be a part of the closed beta. I remember entering Home for the first time and although it wasn't what I expected, I still enjoyed the hell out of it. I assumed Home would become what is in the video slowly but surely. Nearly 4 years later, look where is has went. Although I enjoy it, I still think the original Home would be much better. Why are we still a Beta? What happened to the original Home lay out? I'm sure others agree with me. Take about 3 minutes of your time and watch the "original" Home trailer and tell me your thoughts. For those who remember this, did you forget? For the newer people to our community, does this look more appealing? Thank you.

More and more people are seeing the Home that we have now and the old Home and seeing how much better the old Home was.  The problem is the old Home was run by "Phil Harrison" after he left Sony Home went down hill.  That video that you where showing is NOTHING!!!  Check out the E3 video's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X721WV9M-xQ

This is just one of many cool videos of what Home could of been.  Phone's?  What ever happen to them?  Now the Xbox has them and we don't?  Sony came up with the idea and Xbox took over the idea.  Another problem I have with Home is the new staff that run Home is all about making Home a game.  Home should be more like old Home and less like what we have now.  

Game launching does anyone really use that any more?  It's old school and Sony seem's to have given up on it and not ading many new game's.  What a shame...  Home should be a place of chat and finding new friends not all this game junk.  Don't get me wrong there is a place in Home for game's but the mini game's do not have to be in every new space in Home.  

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (137 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8487 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

The beta question is a non issue. it just .. it's never been an issue. We would not gain or lose anything with or without the title. Do you say "I play the Home Beta'' or I play Home?

Don't you think that's a question that's a little impossible to answer?

I feel that Home would be 100% better if it was out of the beta.  Let's say I have money and have a product and I want to get the word out about it.  Home could be a good oppurtunity for me I could sell virtual copys of my item.  But Home is a beta (buggy program) I don't want my investment going into a buggy program.  Why would I?  So where am I going with this?  I feel that the beta part of Home is keeping investors away.  Who know's where Home could be today if Sony had more money to spend on it.

Home should have investors like:

• Nike
  • Reebok
  • Abercrombie and Fitch
  • Sprint
  • ATT&T
  • Apple
  • and so many more

The Home staff keep's telling us that Home is still in beta due to Home will always keep getting bigger.  But where is the truth?  Jarsquall you in the post that you just made said we have lost spots in Home.  So is Home still getting bigger?  Or...  Are the spaces in Home only going to be here when they are new and popular?

But I've been saying from day one a beta has nothing to do with a program getting bigger.  A beta is a buggy program.  Windows 8 is comeing out today.  Do you think it's going to get any updates?  YES!!!  Well things be added?  YES!!!  So is Windows 8 a beta?  NO!!!  Most programs out there get updates and have things added to them and none of them are beta's.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (119 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1435 posts

Oct 26, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

I feel that Home would be 100% better if it was out of the beta.  Let's say I have money and have a product and I want to get the word out about it.  Home could be a good oppurtunity for me I could sell virtual copys of my item.  But Home is a beta (buggy program) I don't want my investment going into a buggy program.  Why would I?  So where am I going with this?  I feel that the beta part of Home is keeping investors away.  Who know's where Home could be today if Sony had more money to spend on it.

Or, how about the consumers?  I've been here since Closed Beta.  And not only that, I've been active ever since and have most of the rewards.  But I've never spent a cent in Home.  I just don't see why I should, considering items go missing, spaces get retired, and problems just keep happening, "update" after "update".  And now all these games are coming out, untested and severely overpriced.

Mr. Toad - So forgotten by Disney, they forgot to add him in anything that involves forgotten Disney characters.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (108 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1476 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I want my trophy room!!! That thing looked awesome
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your statement is Invalid.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8487 posts

Oct 26, 2012

goodSuM wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Or, how about the consumers?  I've been here since Closed Beta.  And not only that, I've been active ever since and have most of the rewards.  But I've never spent a cent in Home.  I just don't see why I should, considering items go missing, spaces get retired, and problems just keep happening, "update" after "update".  And now all these games are coming out, untested and severely overpriced.

You're right!  A beta is a buggy program so people are less likely to buy thing's good point.

Bradley_Davis129 wrote:
I want my trophy room!!! That thing looked awesome

You're not alone that's one big spot they should bring to Home.   For a long time I've been fighting to have TV's in Home and you would be shocked to see how many members here that told me that's "That's impossible", "That will never happen so why not forget about it"  or "It's illegal to do that due to copyright laws"  I pointed out to everyone in Home legal ways to do it EX: Netflix or youtube and now?  That's right we have TV's in Home!!!

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (76 Views)
0 Likes