Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
57 posts

Re: Home 1.75 update

Feb 13, 2013

hazu360 wrote:

Are you guys looking for to this? me im a bit scared i just hope all go well and nothing gets mess up:smileywink:

don't worry about it just think that its an ordinary update the home management wouldn't release something this big without making sure everything got the green light.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 107 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Feb 13, 2013
I am personally REALLY looking forward to this. Home has evolved a lot in the past year! I can't wait to see what this new update rolls out. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 107 (237 Views)
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Things are looking grim with all the errors tonight.

Is it time for all us Home users to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside yet?

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 107 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8648 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Loki6669 wrote:
*yawn* Boy your arguements are tiresome. Yes YOU keep asserting that the cache is being removed so we'll have to redownload spaces on every visit. My issue is with your spreading of misinformation attempting to sell the end of the world to people.

Cache date is NOT save data. You are simply wrong here. The save data being referred to in the patchnotes is the data under Home in the Saved Data Utility(PS3TM) in the XMB. Really, go look. Then look at the data LISTED in the patchnotes as being moved to server side saves. Notice anything?

Cache data is temporary data cached to the drive to facilitate faster access to scenes.

Storing apartment and character saves on the server now means that the server no longer has to query the host machine for accessory data, upload it and transfer that data to other users in the scene. Now, character clothes and furnishings will be pushed to each end user machine directly without requiring reading a remote hosts settings(character/furnishings). This actually means less lag as an enduser, if this is instituted correctly, as you have LESS network chatter AND we should have MUCH less of that dreaded HDD access lag since we are accessing the HDD LESS.

As it stands now you already have to download all 3D models and textures from the server after reading WHAT needs to be downloaded and where.

I'm sure there will be a hiccup or two at such a major overhaul, but I for one see a LOT of potential for better service here.

Also, WE WILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE ANYWHERE!!! Not sure how people keep overlooking the inclusion of a feature asked for since, well, the start of Home :smileyhappy:

Well there is no real arguement here seeing how I've backed up everthing I've said.  I also like how you said "Yes YOU keep asserting that the cache is being remove" this is after I quoted word for word what GW said in his own words.  Have you been able to post any facts or post any links showing that you are right in any way?  NO!

"Cache date is NOT save date

Oh, I've must of missed this one.  If it's not saved date what is it?  magical pixie dust?  lol

As for the rest of your post as I've said many times now we have already used this system it didn't work. 

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 107 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1428 posts

Feb 13, 2013

homebeta.jpg:smileytongue:

Underground Member Since 1997
GAP Member since 2003

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 107 (227 Views)
I Only Post Everything
958 posts

Feb 13, 2013
So... 1.75 is a black hole..?
That explains everything! ;-)

I wonder if EatFlamingDeath is involved somehow...
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 107 (218 Views)
Wastelander
687 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

Looking forward to this patch (as with any of Home's major patches) in hopes of some much needed moderation or USEFUL content, as opposed to just more unlockable/purchasable junk. Home's community is what turned Home to a complete laughingstock in the eyes of the general gaming public, not Home developers or Sony. It's our own fault that Home's intended purpose was never achieved, moderation just couldn't keep up with the nonsense and sheer stupidity of Home's users. No offense to any of you reading this but that's honestly how it is.

Hopefully this patch and the saving of our files to their servers is a sign of things to come as far as "cleaning the mess" goes.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 107 (208 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2733 posts

Feb 13, 2013
:^/ Oddly, tonight's discussions remind me of this old classic quotation from Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller:

Folly, thou conquerest, and I must yield!
Against stupidity the very gods
Themselves contend in vain. Exalted reason,
Resplendent daughter of the head divine,
Wise foundress of the system of the world,
Guide of the stars, who art thou then if thou,
Bound to the tail of folly's uncurbed steed,
Must, vainly shrieking with the drunken crowd,
Eyes open, plunge down headlong in the abyss.
Accursed, who striveth after noble ends,
And with deliberate wisdom forms his plans!
To the fool-king belongs the world.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 107 (198 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

I've had the same avatar since day one of Home.

When they updated the faces to smile, her face got slightly mutilated, but I managed.

I'm at work now and can't take pictures of the sliders. I hope I still have  the pictures from the face mutilation update ages ago...

If my avatar gets corrupted upon upload, and I can't manage to fix it... I think I may die inside.

Maybe I'm taking this to seriously... meh... :smileysad:

-Jinx <3

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 107 (182 Views)
Sackboy
281 posts

Feb 13, 2013
King, people KEEP answering you in every thread that cache data is not save data. I even, in my previous post, explained plainly to you what cache data is. You seem very confused by words that do not emanate from the voices in your head.

Learn to read. I expect that apology when Home comes up and we still have a cache :smileyhappy:
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 107 (162 Views)