Sackboy
282 posts

Re: Home 1.75 update

Feb 13, 2013
See all you Chicken Littles on the flipside :smileytongue:
I'll be logging on ASAP, for better or worse, after Home comes back up.

Ummm, we'll be able to change clothes anywhere... Why all the "Sony will corrupt my data" drama? MOST of your account details are stored online already. Statistically you are MUCH more likely to experience corruption issues stemming from your own hardware than server corruption.

By all means, keep requesting they ad alt apartment save slots, but this update has a ton of potential for better performance.

Kick and scream all you want, see you in the future :smileytongue:
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 21 of 107 (348 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Let's see we already had all things in this upcomeing update and they where all taken away from us?  Why you might ask to take away lag time...  You see Sony knows by us having parts of Home saved on our PS3's it will cut down on how much of Home we need to download every time we goto a space in Home.  But now Sony is taken these parts of Home away from us and we are going back to the days that it took forever to download every space in Home.

What does this upcomeing updatedate have for us?  NOTHING!!!  Longer load times is nothing we should look forward to!  What else is there?  Oh, yea if your a PlayStation plus user you will be able to do more in Home.  Good, yet another way for Sony to make money!

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 22 of 107 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
282 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013
King, your posts are always so full of erroneous assumption and plain faulty inference. Our CACHE will remain. Only our saves are being transferred to the servers. Please go back and actually read the patchnotes.

EDIT: I'll be happy to show you my new hair colors anytime you wish since this feature seems so important to you :smileytongue:
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 23 of 107 (279 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Loki6669 wrote:
King, your posts are always so full of erroneous assumption and plain faulty inference. Our CACHE will remain. Only our saves are being transferred to the servers. Please go back and actually read the patchnotes.

EDIT: I'll be happy to show you my new hair colors anytime you wish since this feature seems so important to you :smileytongue:

First of all no one from Sony has ever said that our cache is going to stay.  I've asked this to GW and never got an answer back.  I looked at the notes and there is nothing there saying that the cache is going to stay.  So where are you getting this info from?  Plese post link...

2nd:  Do you understand that even with out our cache Sony is telling us that our apartments will now be stored on there servers?  You do know that more to download every time we goto our apartments right?  You don't think that this will take longer?  Sony also said that our Avatarts will now be stored on there servers.  That to will now take longer to download.

I know your new to PSH but a lot of us have seen this before and it does take longer to download.  At one point it was such a probelm Sony gave us the system that we have now today. 

Now where are these "assumptions and plain faulty infernce"?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 24 of 107 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 13, 2013
*Grabs popcorn*
Message 25 of 107 (203 Views)
Sackboy
282 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013
King, been here since closed beta. Not new at all :smileytongue:

Second absence of evidence does not constitute evidence. The patchnotes very clearly list CHANGES to the client/service. If it does not list the cache being removed, it is not being removed.

YOU have ASSUMED, in multiple threads, that the cache is being removed. YOU are wrong. I expect an apology from you tomorrow for being WRONG and attempting to spread misinformation.

As for your ridiculous statement "Sony is now telling us that our apartments will now be stored on there servers", ummm... our apartments have ALWAYS been stored on their servers. Only now our furniture layouts are also being stored on their servers.

Oh, and I'm sure GlassWalls is ignoring your query about cache removal because he thinks you're playing some kind of prank on him :smileytongue:

Anyway, I look forward to your public apology tomorrow :smileyhappy:

EDIT: PS. I retract my offer to show you all my new haircolors :smileytongue:
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 26 of 107 (201 Views)
Wastelander
504 posts

Feb 13, 2013

k guys this was just a post asking how you felt plz do not fight {we have too much of that as is}

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 27 of 107 (192 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4058 posts

Feb 13, 2013

In my honest opinion Home has had a bad history of issues after core client updates so i'd expect the same with this one but besides that i'm lookin forward to the new features & I kno the 1st thing i'll be checking out is sum of the PS+ bonuses & the display club name/tag or w/e lol

facebook.com/gamer316
Message 28 of 107 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5149 posts

Feb 13, 2013

myalana wrote:

I'm a bit nervous about what we'll be greeted with when Home reopens tomorrow morning (assuming there's no delay). Not that it will probably do any good, but I think I'll back up one more time tonight and then venture into Home for the 1st time tomorrow on an alt account. Testing the waters so to speak.

That's a very good idea, Mya. I'm going to do that, as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 107 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5149 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Soulycon wrote:

If I have to restart my avi I'm going to be very upset.  

But I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that our saves being on the servers is both a good thing and bad thing.

Good thing:  We don't have to worry about our saves being corrupted.

Bad thing:  It's on Sony's sever.  And we know how good Sony is with keeping things in check.  :smileyindifferent:

You and me both. >_<

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 107 (159 Views)
0 Likes