Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Re: Here's an Idea! (Regarding old rewards no longer available.)

Nov 15, 2012

DMCoutatime wrote:

First let me say that I have not been playing PS home for very long. So most of the awesome rewards I have missed from any event or promotion are long gone and never to be seen again. I sometimes go on Alpha Zone 4 and look at the rewards I could have gotten had I known about this wonderful place called PS Home long ago. This is a complete dramatization of coarse but you get my point.

My suggestion is this... Why not offer those old rewards up for sale one week out of the year? Maybe you could call it a "Black Friday Sale" :-O That way the people who missed it, because of whatever reason, could attain them at a price. I would gladly pay a small fee for the turkey suit I see people running around in the Pier park for thanksgiving. But you know what items I really want really badly? The slushee machines from the 711 promotion they did for the LBP2 game and Killzone 3. You have no idea...

Well any ways the only reason I am posting this is because I have seen many threads about old rewards people want brought back. I thought that this may be a decent solution to the problem. I am sure some of you out there will disagree with me because they would think its unfair to the people who have been playing PS Home for a long time and to do that would only make the Home vets mad. Well to that I would say...

I agree with you. I'd like all of the items to be unlocked all the time by anyone. Exclusivity creates a divide and may alienate newer  users.

If Sony ever did this, most of the regulars would have a meltdown. Just look how childish some of the beta testers acted when Lockwood decided to give the Mercia portal away to everyone.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 11 of 35 (208 Views)
Welcoming Committee
2744 posts

Nov 15, 2012
OK, then, how about this. Make all rewards exclusive 1 year free items. At the end of the 12 month period, they expire. Now they become available for everyone to purchase. Those who earned them, can purchase them at, say a 50% - 70% discount if purchased before the 12 month expiration.

LOL, no, any change will be controversial. The longer I am on Home, the more and better items I see. I am now seeing multiple and better versions of must have items. My inventory is already unmanageable. As of late,those highly coveted but missed rewards are seeming irrelevant.
Posted Image

Message 12 of 35 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1836 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I got the chamber space and a lot of rewards through diligence and hard work.  Why should everyone get what I worked so hard for? What next I am forced to allow strange avatars to live in my apartments in tents listening to gangsta rap and smoking blunts?

Message 13 of 35 (189 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

Nov 15, 2012

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I got the chamber space and a lot of rewards through diligence and hard work.  Why should everyone get what I worked so hard for? What next I am forced to allow strange avatars to live in my apartments in tents listening to gangsta rap and smoking blunts?

LOL... yes.

Message 14 of 35 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

As far as Grand_Moff's comment about sentimental value, I agree with that, but in the reverse way...I hate to see people get for free what I payed for. I'm sure most people feel that way as well.

For rewards to be released as pay items, that ensures no blue-shirted noobs will have them, lol. So no one could really have a basis to complain in that regard.

Abysmal_Dawna, while it's possibly true that some rewards were obtained "diligence and hard work", most of them did not. Xmas 2010 items were obtained by from setting foot into CP, hope you didn't sprain your ankle!

The Chamber Apt was simply downloaded from the store (you deserve a gold medal for that!) and many old rewards were gotten through vouchers (that was some high-risk carpal tunnel action right there!)

The only rewards I can think of that would have actually involved time and effort to get are things like Xi, and we aren't asking for things like that.

Message 15 of 35 (173 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Let me serve the neigh sayers some humble pie for a minute. I do understand that people who have dealt with all the BS from the beginning of home and have gotten rewards want those free rewards to themselves. I understand that selfish thought and I partly agree with it. The problem is these rewards you earned two years ago were given to you for free for your enjoyment. Not to give some false since of exclusivity two years later when you run across a noob player with your turkey suit on. If you get that much of a high from having those old rewards flaunted in front of others who don't have them on thanksgiving day then I would seriously check that pedestal you put yourself on.

I am talking about a solution that helps People who really love home.. I mean really love home and just started like 7 months ago. Those who come on every day and wait impatiently for every Wensday to see if any more goodies come out that they will love. This is a solution which will make those cadets (why not call them cadets) happy and will give more money to PS Home which will generate more money for more awesome content. You will still have your awesome rewards and also... Guess what? You didn't have to pay for them! You can enjoy them just as you did as the day you got them without anyone draining your bank account. Isn't that incredible?

All in all I know that my idea, or others who made suggestions, probably will never happen. I just figure its worth a shot to see if anyone at all takes notice and gives a glimmer of hope to such a philosophy.

Message 16 of 35 (166 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Nov 15, 2012

DMCoutatime wrote:

If you get that much of a high from having those old rewards flaunted in front of others who don't have them on thanksgiving day then I would seriously check that pedestal you put yourself on.

Guess what? You didn't have to pay for them! You can enjoy them just as you did as the day you got them without anyone draining your bank account. Isn't that incredible?

Unfortunately these people are only happy when they have things other people can't have. It's why we'll never be a peaceful species.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 17 of 35 (155 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

StardustChampion wrote:

DMCoutatime wrote:

If you get that much of a high from having those old rewards flaunted in front of others who don't have them on thanksgiving day then I would seriously check that pedestal you put yourself on.

Guess what? You didn't have to pay for them! You can enjoy them just as you did as the day you got them without anyone draining your bank account. Isn't that incredible?

Unfortunately these people are only happy when they have things other people can't have. It's why we'll never be a peaceful species.

LOL! This is true... :smileyvery-happy:
Message 18 of 35 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1836 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

As far as Grand_Moff's comment about sentimental value, I agree with that, but in the reverse way...I hate to see people get for free what I payed for. I'm sure most people feel that way as well.

For rewards to be released as pay items, that ensures no blue-shirted noobs will have them, lol. So no one could really have a basis to complain in that regard.

Abysmal_Dawna, while it's possibly true that some rewards were obtained "diligence and hard work", most of them did not. Xmas 2010 items were obtained by from setting foot into CP, hope you didn't sprain your ankle!

The Chamber Apt was simply downloaded from the store (you deserve a gold medal for that!) and many old rewards were gotten through vouchers (that was some high-risk carpal tunnel action right there!)

The only rewards I can think of that would have actually involved time and effort to get are things like Xi, and we aren't asking for things like that.

LOL

Message 19 of 35 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Theres. Only One ITEM in the History of Ps Home. That i Would be Willing too pay $50 For. and thats the " Closed Beta Summer 08 T-Shirt " for Male. That was Black With A Pink Front Sayin and havin These Autographs. signed by Cloud.  Heres a Picture Of It. - So Developers. if You interested in a quick $50 let me know lol. 18-128x128.png I'd Be The Happiest Home User Since 09.

Message 20 of 35 (108 Views)