Nov 15 2012
By: DMCoutatime Wastelander 681 posts

Here's an Idea! (Regarding old rewards no longer available.)

34 replies 426 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

First let me say that I have not been playing PS home for very long. So most of the awesome rewards I have missed from any event or promotion are long gone and never to be seen again. I sometimes go on Alpha Zone 4 and look at the rewards I could have gotten had I known about this wonderful place called PS Home long ago. This is a complete dramatization of coarse but you get my point.

My suggestion is this... Why not offer those old rewards up for sale one week out of the year? Maybe you could call it a "Black Friday Sale" :-O That way the people who missed it, because of whatever reason, could attain them at a price. I would gladly pay a small fee for the turkey suit I see people running around in the Pier park for thanksgiving. But you know what items I really want really badly? The slushee machines from the 711 promotion they did for the LBP2 game and Killzone 3. You have no idea...

Well any ways the only reason I am posting this is because I have seen many threads about old rewards people want brought back. I thought that this may be a decent solution to the problem. I am sure some of you out there will disagree with me because they would think its unfair to the people who have been playing PS Home for a long time and to do that would only make the Home vets mad. Well to that I would say...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 35 (426 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1324 posts

Re: Here's an Idea! (Regarding old rewards no longer available.)

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

You know what's worse, and makes even less sense? The fact that they "permanently retired" some mall items.

The best (worst?) examples being the amazing Villain's Lair furniture and the beautiful female vampire outfit. They would make SO MUCH FREAKING MONEY OFF THESE from people who started home after these items were gone.

I can understand some rewards and mall items being gone due to the licenses expiring (AvP, 711) but for Home Originals there is NO valid excuse.

Brining old rewards back is a dual edged sword, as on one hand, people who missed them would be happy (including me, I'd love to have the 2010 Xmas stuff) but on the other, people who already have them would be annoyed and wouldn't get anything new.

So the best solution is...release all old rewards from 2010 in ADDITION to new rewards...EU did it last Xmas, so there's NO reason why NA can't...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 35 (416 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

You know what's worse, and makes even less sense? The fact that they "permanently retired" some mall items.

The best (worst?) examples being the amazing Villain's Lair furniture and the beautiful female vampire outfit. They would make SO MUCH FREAKING MONEY OFF THESE from people who started home after these items were gone.

I can understand some rewards and mall items being gone due to the licenses expiring (AvP, 711) but for Home Originals there is NO valid excuse.

Brining old rewards back is a dual edged sword, as on one hand, people who missed them would be happy (including me, I'd love to have the 2010 Xmas stuff) but on the other, people who already have them would be annoyed and wouldn't get anything new.

So the best solution is...release all old rewards from 2010 in ADDITION to new rewards...EU did it last Xmas, so there's NO reason why NA can't...

Nicely put... I would like to add though that (with my theory) the fact that the people would have to buy it instead of get it for free should make up for some of the sting of other people who actually earned them for free. But  that being said I am sure that even some home vets who played home missed some of the rewards in previous events. This "pay for rewards" program could be good for them also as they wouldn't have to worry about missing out on those rewards anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 35 (386 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I have villains lair dragon bed and is it ever so comfortable,

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 35 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Nov 15, 2012

KUDOS! i lik this idea :smileywink:

Opinions here do not express those of SONY &/or its' affiliates
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 35 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1324 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Oh yes, DMC I completely forgot to mention on how I agree 100% with the idea of putting up old rewards for sale. I said many times in the past how I would love to be able to purchase the old rewards, or things that were previously free.

A great example of this would be the chamber apartment...there are TONS of people, myself included, who would love to be able to purchase this, even though it was free when it came out.

So yes, either bring back old rewards in addition to new ones, or put up all old rewards for sale. That way no one can complain about there being no new rewards, those who missed out can get the rewards, and SCEA makes a tidy profit. It's a win-win-win for all parties involved!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 35 (372 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

If they sell old rewards then they are no longer old or rewards.      :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 35 (346 Views)
Survivor
2417 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:
Oh yes, DMC I completely forgot to mention on how I agree 100% with the idea of putting up old rewards for sale. I said many times in the past how I would love to be able to purchase the old rewards, or things that were previously free.

A great example of this would be the chamber apartment...there are TONS of people, myself included, who would love to be able to purchase this, even though it was free when it came out.

So yes, either bring back old rewards in addition to new ones, or put up all old rewards for sale. That way no one can complain about there being no new rewards, those who missed out can get the rewards, and SCEA makes a tidy profit. It's a win-win-win for all parties involved!

This has been the bane of my Home involvement, as I missed getting this space by a single week. :smileysad: Had there been an email from Sony (like they do now), informing me of this opportunity, or even a GET A FREE PERSONAL SPACE IN HOME!! THIS WEEK ONKLY!! banner running under my clock on the XMB, I'd've been all over it! As it stands, I'd gladly PAY to get that space now.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 35 (328 Views)
Survivor
2417 posts

Nov 15, 2012

hyperkane wrote:

If they sell old rewards then they are no longer old or rewards.      :smileytongue:

Correct, they'd be "new-again-once-rewards-but-now-items-for-sale". For one week only, as the OP suggested, or even more limited make it ACTUALLY one day, similar to an actual holiday. I'd pick up a $50 PSN card for THAT opportunity!! :smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 35 (321 Views)
Survivor
1690 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

stardeth wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:

This has been the bane of my Home involvement, as I missed getting this space by a single week. :smileysad: Had there been an email from Sony (like they do now), informing me of this opportunity, or even a GET A FREE PERSONAL SPACE IN HOME!! THIS WEEK ONKLY!! banner running under my clock on the XMB, I'd've been all over it! As it stands, I'd gladly PAY to get that space now.

And I'd gladly sell you my Chamber Apartment.

I'm at odds with this idea. It's a win-win for both Sony and Home users. Sony gets their revenue; Home users get the opportunity to purchase items they want. However, for the users that obtained the items as rewards, their items become something else. They don't bear that same sentimental value anymore. It's nice to receive reward items. Many of us love to showcase them. It's the same reason we award athletics with tangible reminders.

For anyone who thinks of tossing that word "entitlement" around, each and every one of you I bet has nice reward items you would hate to see every single newbie player on Home flash around like default blue Home T-shirts in the Hub, so spare me the hypocrisy.

But, as Sony and Lockwood previously shown with the Portal debacle, as long as it pleases the majority of users, it's fair game. And, as the arguments have been made, "this would increase revenue for Sony."

If it happens, all the better. If not, I don't care at this point.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 35 (312 Views)
0 Likes