Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
7203 posts

Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartment, please :)

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

LockwoodVoice wrote:

Please note, we did say small apartment...! :smileytongue:

Also, isn't the Midnight Glade pretty much a night time version of the Sunlit Meadow? :smileyhappy:

After seeing the last small giftable apartment and the limited options that you are considering, I can't say that I'm expecting much. Most of the themes being considered seem to have been done already, and given that I imagine the space to sell for around $5, I don't believe I'll purchase this one for friends. The fun of finding the reward in the last one lasted nearly 10 secs and then it was like"is this it?"

Good luck to you though...just know that the last space didn't seem worth the price to me and it would better to wait and produce a small space of quality rather than just putting one out for the sake of having another giftable space when you have the market pretty well cornered there.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 107 (831 Views)
Wastelander
837 posts

Nov 8, 2012

3 High fantasy

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 107 (828 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

Nov 8, 2012

IE_m0nkeyb0y wrote:

how about a high fantasy based on one of your concept drawings from Mercia?

i think a cool and very unique space could be made from your own concept art of this city on the back of a giant turtle.

would be cool to have your own personal place that is on the back of a giant wandering turtle as it wanders the ocean.

and if you do...please keep the tiny kite/balloon...little details like that are always a nice touch.

also i must say that i love that you posted concept art on Pinterest, please keep posting more.

and for those wanting to see more concept art here is their link,

http://pinterest.com/LKWDPublishing/mercian-concepts/

TT Sunny

This one for sure! 3rd it. And please keep that floating island thing. It would be great to have a small perch that we can place items on and maybe even jump off of like the diving action in the 'Palace of the seven winds' space.  Well, in either case my vote is for high fantasy.  @LockwoodVoice, are you counting peoples vote here or just in the link?

Up with HOPE, Down with the ROPE!
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 107 (822 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3436 posts

Nov 8, 2012

LockwoodVoice wrote:

Jason1802128 wrote:

I don't like any of the theme choices.  We have to many of the same types of personal spaces.  I myself love personal spaces but I don't like to keep buying different versions of the same space.  I think you should come up with some new and original ideas.  Think outside the box this time.  Since your asking for our opinions maybe you should start fresh and turn the 6 choices into community inspired.  Things that we would want not things you think we want.  I'll even start off with a suggestion.  I would love a space that is a winter theme. I have about 60 personal spaces but none of them is really winter.  I want something where I can run around in the snow and use all of these fire pits (Mercia- Dream Island Rewards) and other cold weather items we have.  Just my 2 cents 8)

A Winter space would certainly be appropriate for the coming months... Good suggestion :smileywink:

I want to second this suggestion

*Thinks to self* I can see it now, a winter wonderland with Santas house and busy elves running around making presents. 

Tsunade:  "Hey!   I wanna make presents too"

Elf:  "Im sorry but only elves are allowed to make the gifts, but you can have this candy cane"

Tsunade:  YAY... I love candy canes!!   *drops in snow and makes a snow angel*  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 107 (817 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7203 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

All those reindeer...stay outta the yellow snow. No I do not want another "lemon" snow cone.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 107 (815 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4503 posts

Nov 8, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

There's already a villians lair. I say go with something high fantasy. Make it bigger and better than Avalon Keep. I think something like a Harry Potter school of magic type thing would be good. So would Lord of Rings because a lot of people like that. Another suggestion is maybe make something else like the Ghostbuster's firehouse. I love having a vehicle like the ecto-1 in that space or full size vehicles like the MIB cars as furniture items. So if you make something that includes vehicles I'll buy it for sure. :manvery-happy:

Like another Ghostbusters firehouse?  Isnt there already one?  Why would we need 2?

No I mean a personal space with an interactive vehicle in it. Interactive just like the ecto-1. I didn't mean make the an exact copy of a space that already exists. Even though it has been done before.  XL Party House ring a bell?

No it doesnt ring a bell :smileyindifferent:

Here's what Bob was talking about. There both the same apartment. Just one is day and the other one is night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 107 (803 Views)
Lockwood Developer
535 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

Sebatio wrote:

This one for sure! 3rd it. And please keep that floating island thing. It would be great to have a small perch that we can place items on and maybe even jump off of like the diving action in the 'Palace of the seven winds' space.  Well, in either case my vote is for high fantasy.  @LockwoodVoice, are you counting peoples vote here or just in the link?

We're just counting votes via the link.

Also, a city on the back of a giant turtle doesn't exactly strike us as a small apartment... :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 107 (797 Views)
Wastelander
484 posts

Nov 8, 2012
A stylish cute dollhouse-like apartment would sound nice, hehe. :smileyvery-happy:
 photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 107 (786 Views)
Lockwood Developer
535 posts

Nov 8, 2012

The poll is now closed and it looks like 'High Fantasy' is the clear winner! Thanks for helping us pick the theme of this apartment :smileyhappy:

We're beginning construction of it today, but it won't be released until the end of the first quarter next year - this might help to give you an idea of the length of a Home item’s production pipeline!

If you have any suggestions for what you want to see in the space, please leave them below - but remember, we said this was going to be a small apartment!

1.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 107 (776 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29070 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

In the world of Fantasy small is a relative term!  

:smileywink:

mount doom

And while you're at it perhaps you can make some cute companions to go with it. :smileyhappy:

eomer

legolas

And seriously it should be fun to see what you all come up with. Perhaps something from the Shire which is where the Hobbit based movie will originate from if the plan is to follow a Lord of the Rings based theme.  

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 107 (769 Views)