Wastelander
856 posts

Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartment, please :)

Nov 12, 2012

Scoop1942 wrote:

EdwCarnby wrote:
Is it too late to request a kinky sex dungeon as a giftable apartment? :smileytongue:

...it's never too late for that, Ed... :smileylol::smileylol::smileylol:

>__>

lol

Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 107 (248 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2625 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

@Hinata

I didnt know about those apartments, the one is called the party house? and the other one?

:^/ As Hinata pointed out, they are called the Summer House and Party At Jess's Apartment. I have both. Party at Jess's Apartment is meant as a Xi tie-in, with one of the Xi rewards obtainable there, which is why I bought it. It's cozy without being cramped, and quite satisfying except for the baked-in stereo system and the music that won't switch off. I bought the Summer House after learning that they shared the same floor plan, minus the stereo stuff.

;^) As for the giftable apartment in High Fantasy theme, I'd really like something along the lines of Bilbo Baggins' undreground home, though likely not as large. Two or three rooms should do, with nice views through the windows, and maybe the ability to step outside as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 107 (230 Views)
Sackboy
356 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

Danger_Dad wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

@Hinata

I didnt know about those apartments, the one is called the party house? and the other one?

:^/ As Hinata pointed out, they are called the Summer House and Party At Jess's Apartment. I have both. Party at Jess's Apartment is meant as a Xi tie-in, with one of the Xi rewards obtainable there, which is why I bought it. It's cozy without being cramped, and quite satisfying except for the baked-in stereo system and the music that won't switch off. I bought the Summer House after learning that they shared the same floor plan, minus the stereo stuff.

;^) As for the giftable apartment in High Fantasy theme, I'd really like something along the lines of Bilbo Baggins' undreground home, though likely not as large. Two or three rooms should do, with nice views through the windows, and maybe the ability to step outside as well.

+10000, have a look to the tea-house ceremony space (from granzella) its small but complete with a day/night cycle very well done, the lone issue (imo) is the short view, but LKWD prove us than they perfectly known  kraft beautiful panoramas!

Tearoom_20121112_215420.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 107 (203 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
165 posts

Nov 13, 2012
I love the dead nation space. Wish it was a personal space. No chance on a small zombie apocalypse house is there? But honestly the best part about that place is that its a realistic sized home. If its going 2 b a small space anyway that would be perfect. There really arent that many realistic personal spaces on here.
Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 107 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2904 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

FFXI pic1.jpg

Here's another idea I have if you guys are still open to suggestions. These pics from another game (Final Fantasy XI) looks like something that could be high fantasy wizard school or Harry Potter type thing with a nice outdoor area to boot.

FFXI Wizard school.jpg

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 107 (151 Views)
Fender Bender
3266 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Something stylised or Contemporary Fantasy. I would like to see more of these spaces, especially stylised since I really don't see alot of stylised spaces in Home.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 107 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

My idea for the space since lockwood wants it to be a small one with the theme based off of high fantasy (lord of the rings) would be to use a background image that gives the impression of a much larger space for example like the one used at Waterfall Terrace where it appears your looking out over a ravine. It gives the user the feeling that the space is much larger than it appears. You also get this effect from your free space apartment on playstation home where your looking out over an marina. '

My second suggestion is that if your going to do a Lord of the Rings theme, I would suggest a Bag End/ hobbit hole theme or room at Rivendell.

I hope you find my thoughts helpful in designing your new space for Home. Can't wait to see the finished product, good luck, and thank you for all you guys do at Lockwood! 

Edit: This thread will now be locked since there is a running discussion located here.

Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 107 (128 Views)
0 Likes