Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 05/26/2009
Offline
244 posts
 

Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartment, please :)

Nov 9, 2012

LockwoodVoice wrote:

Sebatio wrote:

This one for sure! 3rd it. And please keep that floating island thing. It would be great to have a small perch that we can place items on and maybe even jump off of like the diving action in the 'Palace of the seven winds' space.  Well, in either case my vote is for high fantasy.  @LockwoodVoice, are you counting peoples vote here or just in the link?


We're just counting votes via the link.

 

Also, a city on the back of a giant turtle doesn't exactly strike us as a small apartment... :smileywink:


So true, We can't help but to dream though right? Thanks for answering the question. If you ever decide to vote on which concept art to bring to life, you know where my vote goes ;-)

 

I was actually going to comment that you were setting yourself up for quite a bit of 'extra suggestions' from the community, but I guess I wound up doing it a bit myself sorry:-P.

 

I'd say chalk up this level of community response to the awesome job Lockwood has done thus far and the faith we have in your ability to bring things to life. The reputation Lockwood has established on delivering such a wide variety of quality content at value. From personal spaces and public showrooms that introduce new functionality & encourage community play/socialization, to uber-cool free items & gift machines that provide something for everyone and every occasion.

 

That's not including the re-tooling of past active items to take up fewer item slots and the super fast time that you are acting on the winning votes right now. All while keeping us on the forum posted and even giving us an approximate ETA! The contributions you've made definitely make you a staple of the whole Home experience.

 

A BIG thanks from me personally to all at lockwood. Your hard work is very much appreciated. I can't wait to see what you bring to Home next!

 




Up with HOPE, Down with the ROPE!
Message 71 of 107 (303 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
10662 posts
 

Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartment, please :)

Nov 9, 2012
I want sharks....sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads. Make that into an apartment.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 72 of 107 (287 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
189 posts
 

Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartment, please :)

Nov 9, 2012

Small apartment? Well, I'm not sure how small you consider Andy's Room from Toy Story but..

I kind of wanted a reskinned style of that room but with a doll house inside. Kind of like a little girl's room and our avatars are her dolls..maybe, a dark theme too?

 

or even a McDonald's style jungle gym space complete with a ball pit and slide. :smileytongue: I think it would be funny.


(*≧▽≦) ♪ One Night Carnival! ☆(≧▽≦*)
http://pandakneesocksxiv.tumblr.com/

Message 73 of 107 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/03/2011
Offline
2291 posts
 

Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartment, please :)

Nov 9, 2012

Hmm...a small area to be given as a gift.  Okay, well, the first thing I think of is something romantic...how about a secret garden?

 

garden

Message 74 of 107 (272 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/25/2009
Offline
2290 posts
 

Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartment, please :)

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

Edit: It seems the poll has closed and High Fantasy is the winner.

 

From Lockwood: The poll is now closed and it looks like 'High Fantasy' is the clear winner! Thanks for helping us pick the theme of this apartment :smileyhappy:

We're beginning construction of it today, but it won't be released until the end of the first quarter next year - this might help to give you an idea of the length of a Home item’s production pipeline!

 

So basically Lockwood is saying the space won't be ready until most likely the second or third week into January. I'm not making an accurate assumptions. I'm just guessing that the space will be ready by that time if not later in January or in a few months after January ends.

I tried to sing "Like A Best Friend." - http://vocaroo.com/i/s0xQbPKA7aM5
Message 75 of 107 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Lockwood Developer
Registered: 01/07/2011
Offline
535 posts
 

Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartment, please :)

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

Soulycon wrote:

Edit: It seems the poll has closed and High Fantasy is the winner.

 

From Lockwood: The poll is now closed and it looks like 'High Fantasy' is the clear winner! Thanks for helping us pick the theme of this apartment :smileyhappy:

We're beginning construction of it today, but it won't be released until the end of the first quarter next year - this might help to give you an idea of the length of a Home item’s production pipeline!

 

So basically Lockwood is saying the space won't be ready until most likely the second or third week into January. I'm not making an accurate assumptions. I'm just guessing that the space will be ready by that time if not later in January or in a few months after January ends.


The first quarter of the year spans from the beginning of January to the end of March, and our early estimate is that it will be out towards the end of this period - so a bit later than you're thinking perhaps - but again, hopefully this will give you some idea about the lengthy timeframe of getting an item from conception to completion in PlayStation®Home!

Message 76 of 107 (243 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/25/2009
Offline
2290 posts
 

Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartment, please :)

Nov 9, 2012

Oh okay. Good luck with creating the High Fantasy personal space. And yes I do love small spaces as I can just put the right amount of items to fit into one small space. A big space just leaves the items to be clustered and rather a mess for me. So I'm glad you are doing this Locky. (Mind if I call you that?)  

I also cannot wait for what other content you guys over at Lockwood have to offer to Home over the course of the remaining months to next year. 

 

I'm rambling. I'm sorry.

But anyways I'm sure we the Home users can't wait to see what this space looks like. :smileyhappy:

I tried to sing "Like A Best Friend." - http://vocaroo.com/i/s0xQbPKA7aM5
Message 77 of 107 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Lockwood Developer
Registered: 01/07/2011
Offline
535 posts
 

Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartment, please :)

Nov 9, 2012

We love the ideas you're coming out with, and a lot of the functionality and minigames you’re suggesting is already in the works or planned for inclusion in future projects – at least along similar lines to what is being suggested anyway – but we can’t go into specifics on these just yet :smileyhappy:

 

In regards to this space, however, we’d like to reel your expectations in a bit... We intentionally said it would be a small apartment, and by this we mean in both footprint and scope. This does not mean that the apartment is going to be a throwaway space in any way – we will still be pouring the usual Lockwood love, care and attention to detail into every aspect of it.

 

When we asked for further suggestions we should have been clearer – sorry about this – what we’re after is more along the lines of how you’d like the space to feel, now that the theme has been decided upon. The reason we’re keeping it simple and on a small scale, is because we’re testing the water when it comes to community feedback going directly into a project from day one.

 

Thanks again for the suggestions that have come in so far, and please feel free to continue leaving suggestions about how you’d like this space to ‘feel’; e.g. small features, scenery and further nuances to the high fantasy style that we could include.

 

We hope this makes sense and you’re still on board with us!

Message 78 of 107 (202 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
364 posts
 

Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartment, please :)

Nov 9, 2012

Dear LKWD, chrismas arrive soon, pple love to gift and been gifted during this period, the univers of santa is very near celtics populars folklore (paganism), so why not a hight fantasy chrismas mini space? elves, lutins and all theses creatures in a Toy Factory?

this is a huge potential for annex gift and clothes imo!


Message 79 of 107 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lockwood Developer
Registered: 01/07/2011
Offline
535 posts
 

Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartment, please :)

Nov 9, 2012

SORROW-83 wrote:

Dear LKWD, chrismas arrive soon, pple love to gift and been gifted during this period, the univers of santa is very near celtics populars folklore (paganism), so why not a hight fantasy chrismas mini space? elves, lutins and all theses creatures in a Toy Factory?

this is a huge potential for annex gift and clothes imo!


See below, especially the last sentence :smileyhappy:

LockwoodVoice wrote:

The first quarter of the year spans from the beginning of January to the end of March, and our early estimate is that it will be out towards the end of this period - so a bit later than you're thinking perhaps - but again, hopefully this will give you some idea about the lengthy timeframe of getting an item from conception to completion in PlayStation®Home!


Message 80 of 107 (175 Views)