Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
5171 posts

Re: Hello From VEEMEE!

May 3, 2013

veemee_alan wrote:

Hi everyone!

We’re super excited to see how much everyone is enjoying our brand new Acorn Meadows Park space. We've been overwhelmed by the number of positive comments many of you have left here on the forum, through tweets, and via email.

We are aware that some people are experiencing a few problems in the park, largely related to the popularity of the launch. Thanks to everyone that has been in contact with us with information regarding these issues, it's proved invaluable in working to identify and resolve them. We are currently testing fixes for these issues, and as part of this we have had to temporarily disable some of the shop functionality and the levelling up system.

Thanks to the feedback from the community we identified a problem that occurred when a player hit an XP level of 16. From then on the player would repeatedly "level up" until they left the park. Returning to the space would cause this levelling-up to continue. As a result we've disabled this system temporarily and returned any levels higher than 16 back down to 16. It is still possible to obtain additional XP as before, but no levelling up will occur for now. We will update you when we know more.

If you would like to get in touch with us directly with any issues you may be having, please send us an email over to support@veemee.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

We’ve got a lot of great updates planned for Acorn Meadows in the near future, and would love to hear some of your ideas on what you would like to see appearing there.

Once again thank you to everyone for all of the great feedback you’ve given us; it means a lot to the team here at VEEMEE. We are all working as hard as we can to ensure that your visit to Acorn Meadows is as enjoyable as it can possibly be.

Yes even with the bugs it's fun. after bugs are fixed i'd like tosee a 1 time fee of $2.99toget option todrive a different train:smileyhappy:

images.jpg

Message 21 of 151 (11,903 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6126 posts

Re: Hello From FEMME!

May 3, 2013

Welcome to the Forums and Great Job on the Park, it passed everyone expectations...

For an idea, how about a large Hedged Maze that can be rearranged every few months?

Maze.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 151 (11,874 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 3, 2013

Looking forward to those fixes, because this really is a great space. Everything in it is integrated very nicely.

Might be nice to pop a carousel into it, and to vary the lighting a bit over the course of a day. Using a 12-hour clock, you could shift the lighting from sunrise to dusk, then repeat the cycle. Having some variation in the lighting opens up a lot of photographic and video possibilities, and you could tie some photo challenges to them.

I doubt anyone's hanging around the park late at night, other than police and muggers, so I wouldn't want to see total blackness.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 23 of 151 (11,873 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

I msg'd Alan to see if those of us that had our xp points reset to 4000 while they work on the levelingup glitch would recieve those lost xp points back & this was his reply:

Hi TC915,

Your best bet is to email us at support@veemee.com with the details so that we have it on record. We are based in the UK so the studio is now closed for the weekend, but we will be back onto sorting these issues next week. Until a full fix has gone live and is working, XP will not be adjusted (as it could just break again).

Thank you,

Alan

Tho I suppose it's not official till VeeMee actually posts it (lol or until it has Nuh Huh attached to it), seems there won't be a fix this weekend guys. Lets all hope for an early Monday morning fix. Good luck w/ the patch!! 

*lol well Nuh Huh its official, just got another msg from Alan & there will be no fix this weekend, let's hope the patch is an easy 1. Good luck too anyone still planning on grinding away at xp till the patch is live, lol I'll be there.

Message 24 of 151 (11,844 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4019 posts

May 3, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

Looking forward to those fixes, because this really is a great space. Everything in it is integrated very nicely.

Might be nice to pop a carousel into it, and to vary the lighting a bit over the course of a day. Using a 12-hour clock, you could shift the lighting from sunrise to dusk, then repeat the cycle. Having some variation in the lighting opens up a lot of photographic and video possibilities, and you could tie some photo challenges to them.

I doubt anyone's hanging around the park late at night, other than police and muggers, so I wouldn't want to see total blackness.

Wait... but if there are only police and muggers, who are the muggers mugging? The police? hehe. But yeah, change in lighting would be cool. I wouldn't mind darkness once in a while. I'm not afraid of muggers, it's those crazy bikes shoving me all over the place I worry about. :smileywink:

Message 25 of 151 (11,836 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

I have 3 suggestions right now:

1. Make a private apartment and clubhouse version of this, with all features (boats, bikes and trains) fully in tact, and the ability to gain xp and level up.

2. Make some new bikes (and perhaps scooters as well) that are single speed at max speed instead of "hold square for max speed".

As of now I haven't bought any of the bikes (in mall or with acorn vouchers) as I don't purchase any "hold square" LMOs from any dev, but I really like the looks of the bikes (especially the orange road bike)

3. No more default hair hat rewards...please...that's almost as bad as T-shirts. If you make any more hats, please make them headphones/head accessories that can be worn with any hair.

I previously wrote a list of all rewards that should be AVOIDED at all time, by all devs.

-T-shirts
-Hats/head items with a preset/default hair (full head coverings are fine)
-Anything with the game or company's logo on it
-SMALL furniture
-TINY pets
-"Hold square to boost" LMOs
-Active items taking more then 20 slots
-Wall hangings

Other then the hats and hold-square bikes, the rewards are very nice! I especially love the train track and stop, and the HUGE rock seat! Looking forward to getting the bench as well!

Suggestions for new rewards:

-Park ranger outfits: Same for male/female and with headphone slot hats.
-Outfits of the park vendors, perhaps in a couple of different colors.

I also tweeted about fixing it so we can type normally during boat, bike and train rides as well as eating, and I believe the reply was it was being fixed, so I look forward to that in the future.

Overall I love this place, I just haven't been able to fully enjoy it due to the numerous bugs, and I would really love and prefer a fully functioning clubhouse version of this.

Message 26 of 151 (11,822 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1688 posts

May 3, 2013

veemee_alan wrote:

Iady-cha0s- wrote:

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the update. I just wanted to say how awesome this space is! You guys did a wonderful job with the design. It's almost like a new and very much improved Central Plaza. :smileyhappy:

One suggestion for future updates would be an area with enjoyable music. Perhaps a spot with animated park musicians, playing songs while sitting on a bench, or steps? With an option to give tips, of which could even be a new Quest. :smileyhappy:

Hi lady-cha0s, great suggestion for the music area - I will pass that on to the team!

Welcome to the boards, Alan. To echo many on this thread, it's wonderful to see devs respond to the feedback and to communicate any issues and how you guys are dealing with them. SPOT ON THUMBS UP there! :smileyvery-happy:

If I may add to this suggestion, why not make it cool for those of us who got the Air Band LMOs and join the musicians as another quest. I am not opposed to singing along with them, so to speak. Again, why not busk along as well and get xp and acorns for it!!! :smileylol:

Message 27 of 151 (11,810 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

Thanks for the open line of communication and welcome to the forums, Alan!

The music area sounds like a great idea! The carousel, hedged maze, and clock cycles are also something I'd like to see.

How about a frisbie golf game? Or what a a mini game to toss the frisbie back forth with someone you've met in matchmaking or invited to throw with you?

Is that do-able?

PS. Love the space! :smileyhappy:

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 28 of 151 (11,790 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

May 3, 2013

I'm pretty excited for the Acorn updates.

It'll be interesting to see what you have planned, for the space.

Also, welcome to the forums.

Message 29 of 151 (11,759 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11848 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

'bout time we got Better Communication from VEEMEE

Oh, Welcome to the forums  Alan and Bruce

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 30 of 151 (11,746 Views)