Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 24 2012
By: Sophronia Treasure Hunter 3685 posts

Heavy Strike Surveillance Helicopter! (INFO)

[ Edited ]
25 replies 599 views Edited Oct 25, 2012

8113383002_ce62cd125a_n.jpg

Didn't noticed any topics about this item, so I wanted to share what I think about it. I picked up this new active item today, and I gotta' say it's pretty awesome. If anyone wishes to check this item out for yourself, feel free to send me a friend request and I'll let'cha fly around one of my spaces.

Just thought I'd share some details about this item if others have been wondering. Pressing [L2] will completely mute the heli sound effects, then click (R3) for the first-person view, there you have a pretty cool flying camera -- which to those with PVR screen captures, could use for machinimas. Flying around in first-person view is actually easy but the screen can be a tad shaky unless you move slowly.

The Spotlight feature is nice and helps is dark areas, but it's not super bright. Overall though, works well.

Features & Controls:

(L) - Move
[R1] - [L1] Rise/Fall

(R) - Camera Control

(X) - Turn Spotlights On/Off

[Square] - Take a picture

(R3) - Toggle Camera View (Third-person or First-person!)

[L2] - Turn Sound On/Off

Item Information:

Friends Play: Yes

Slots Required: 9

Price: $2.49

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (599 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Re: Heavy Strike Surveillance Helicopter! (INFO)

Oct 24, 2012
I was wondering when someone was going to get around to posting about this. Thanks for the great info Soph! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3685 posts

Oct 24, 2012

halo_nothing wrote:
I was wondering when someone was going to get around to posting about this. Thanks for the great info Soph! :smileyhappy:

Likewise, and being only $2.49 I decided to pick it up. I have placed this item upstairs inside HOMEinformer Club too. You should still a member, so feel free to try it for yourself there!

:catvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16195 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I want to see action photos or video of this bird in flight.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3685 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

I want to see action photos or video of this bird in flight.

I'm sure somebody will make a video, but I could share some pictures. Nobody can give a more honest review than youself, so stop by sometime and try it in the club or my estate. :catvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3685 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Some pictures:

Heavy Strike Surveillance Helicopter Image_7.jpg

Heavy Strike Surveillance Helicopter Image.jpg

Heavy Strike Surveillance Helicopter Image_4.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (554 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Sophronia wrote:

halo_nothing wrote:

Likewise, and being only $2.49 I decided to pick it up. I have placed this item upstairs inside HOMEinformer Club too. You should still a member, so feel free to try it for yourself there!

:catvery-happy:

Lol I hope I still am! Fridays have been tough for me to get on lately but I'll be sure to swing by when I can.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2910 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Sophronia wrote:

Didn't noticed any topics about this item, so I wanted to share what I think about it. I picked up this new active item today, and I gotta' say it's pretty awesome. If anyone wishes to check this item out for yourself, feel free to send me a friend request and I'll let'cha fly around one of my spaces.

Just thought I'd share some details about this item if others have been wondering. Pressing [L2] will completely mute the heli sound effects, then click (R3) for the first-person view, there you have a pretty cool flying camera -- which to those with PVR screen captures, could use for machinimas. Flying around in first-person view is actually easy but the screen can be a tad shaky unless you move slowly.

The Spotlight feature is nice and helps is dark areas, but it's not super bright. Overall though, works well.

Features & Controls:

(L) - Move
[R1] - [L1] Rise/Fall

(R) - Camera Control

[L2] - Turn Sound Of/Off

Item Information:

That looks awesome! It kind of has the same controls as the dragon fly in Avalon Keep don't you think?

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4110 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

Sophronia wrote:

Features & Controls:

(L) - Move
[R1] - [L1] Rise/Fall

(R) - Camera Control

[L2] - Turn Sound Of/Off

Item Information:

How is this better than the Essence of the 7 Winds item?  

Essence is about the same price, uses one less slot, allows for everyone in the space to fly around and take pics... And with a little know how you can even fly around outside the normal barriers of a space.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Oct 25, 2012
i was wondering whether this thing can fly outside the map? say outside harbor studio?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (425 Views)
0 Likes