Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 26 2014
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4245 posts

Hall of Shame - Lost Wagers at the Dolphy Races

[ Edited ]
22 replies 420 views Edited Feb 26, 2014

First a little back story...  Unfortunately a few months ago I joined the list of users that had all of their Dolphies mysteriously deleted from Home.  I had unlocked all of the extras (skins, crowns/tiaras/tail effects), some of which, like the last few effects took over a year to get.  All of that effort and time was wiped out, and no one from Sony would even reply or make any comment about why this happened to so many people.  I wasn't even asking and certainly not expecting them to fix it, but the least they could do is acknowledge it.

Knowing how long it would take to try and unlock everything again, I didn't even bother to waste time raising new dolphins.

Fast forward a couple months, and a friend and fellow forum member, StephieRawks, encouraged me to start over, and so I have, and its actually been (mostly) fun racing Dolphies again.

That said, one problem with the Dolphy racing is the time you spend waiting for the next race, but thanks to a few friends who would pop in and visit me and even vote for my dolphies when they had the time, we discovered a fun way to pass the time and add an interesting 'twist' to the Dolphy racing.

What we did first was to come up with some embarrassing task that one of us would have to do, should the dolphy they pick for the upcoming race finish behind the dolphies the rest of the group picked.

The rules are simple enough, once a wager is agreed on by the participating group, then each person has to pick a different dolphy that they think wont finish last (yes that's right, in this case, it doesn't matter if the dolphy you pick wins or not, you just don't want it to finish behind the other dolphies that your friends picked).

This is done on a first declared basis (so best to use group chat as some may be out of range to see a local text) and let everyone know the Ring # and Name of Dolphy you picked.

Also, just to be clear, this is separate to what dolphies you actually vote for, so for those trying to give votes or earn SuperFish, you don't have to vote for the Dolphy you pick.

When the race finishes, it will list the names of the dolphies in the order they finished, and of course you can follow along during the race (even if you chose not to stay on the Race Disc platform) by the color of the rings they swim through and the look of each dolphy and tail effect.

Now the first time we did this, VioletWinds lost the wager, for which she had to randomly select some guy in the space, and strike up a conversation as if the two were friends from long ago and had simply lost touch.  Now clearly that isn't embarrassing at all, so to make it more interesting, I would then interrupt their 'reunion' acting like a jilted jealous lover.  But even that wasn't enough, so others also joined in acting like jilted lovers, StephanieRawks was especially convincing. :smileywink:

It went off brilliantly, and just to be sure the poor stranger didn't think ill will of anyone, I sent them a message later explaining the situation and they thought it was very funny.  I only regret no one recorded it, as it would have been funny to see a video of it.

There have been a few other lost wagers since, the latest victim was JulianMatisse who had to change into his ugliest bathing suit outfit and do a dive off the Waterfall Disc, and dance in the lower pool. (I think Stephani has pics for that one).

Speaking of Stephani... she also lost a wager, for which she had to put on the latest Junk Guy bikini and pose for pics in the Yeti vs Hunters space:

So for others that may have stopped visiting the Dolphy Races, or are looking to have some fun with friends or meet new ones, perhaps you might want to join in the fun and even share some stories (and pics or even videos) of 'Lost Wagers' to add to the Hall of Shame. :smileywink:

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 23 (420 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4928 posts

Re: Hall of Shame - Lost Wagers at the Dolphy Races

Feb 26, 2014
Sorry, no pics of Julian's waterfall dive, and no shame here either! :smileytongue: Violet was great though, she even had the random convinced that he DID know her!

LOL I see we're getting creative with the spelling of my name too :smileytongue:

Message 2 of 23 (386 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Feb 26, 2014

HUDSON will never receive another update.  They took their money and ran with it.  Moved onto other projects.  

It's classified as a small world wonderer now!!  

photo 90years_zps08bfda1e.png
Message 3 of 23 (368 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29231 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Hudson has always been a fun and very social space. Glad you hear you're having fun with it again. Great pics by the way. 

Message 4 of 23 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3372 posts

Feb 26, 2014

That's a pretty interesting way of passing the time you folks have there. Would of loved to see the Julian  bathing suit pic looks like he missed the bullet on that one lol.

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you and the other folks have had with your dolphins. That must of really been frustrating and disappointing to go through. 

I haven't been really keeping up with the dolphin racing mainly because of one of the facts you've listed. The long wait time between races, but it seems like you folks have found a creative way to make the wait more enjoyable.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 5 of 23 (328 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Feb 26, 2014

StephieRawks wrote:
Sorry, no pics of Julian's waterfall dive, and no shame here either! :smileytongue: Violet was great though, she even had the random convinced that he DID know her!

LOL I see we're getting creative with the spelling of my name too :smileytongue:

Ooops :smileywink:

Oh and turns out I did take one shot, not a good one, but there it is...

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 6 of 23 (317 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3372 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Well I guess someone didn't miss the bullet after all lol.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 7 of 23 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Lil_Bruin_77 wrote:

HUDSON will never receive another update.  They took their money and ran with it.  Moved onto other projects.  

It's classified as a small world wonderer now!!  

It would really be great if there was a clause in the contract that Sony makes with a 3rd party developer which says something to the effect that Sony respects the right  of intelectual content, but  coding done for home remains the right of Sony and if the developer leaves that some kind of contract still exists so that if an item fails the developer must come in to assist Sony  to fix it.

Too many things are falling apart because some developer left. What happened to " pride" in a completed project? It looks bad when a developer leaves, no matter what the reason, to protect the integrity of a brand/ company, they should do all they can to keep a product from looking like a fail, like they don't care for the end users.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 8 of 23 (306 Views)
Survivor
1777 posts

Feb 26, 2014

I feel the need to explain here that Stephanie played the part of D-N's ex-girlfriend, not mine. Good times, indeed.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 9 of 23 (296 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4928 posts

Feb 26, 2014
Nonono...the random thought you were his ex-gf...then Ryan and D came in pretending to be your bf and ex-bf...and I pretended to be Ryan's ex-gf. What a tangled web we weave...

Message 10 of 23 (285 Views)
0 Likes