Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
376 posts

Re: Hackers in Peakvox Ninja

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Renmus__ wrote:

I've played since the beta and the Japan releace, and have never encountered a way that ppl were cheating, though angry players are much more common, I've been yelled at on several occasions, everybody assumes if you beat them then you must be cheating or a hacker -_-

I've only in one instance encountered someone who was cheating and it was in Japan. The player was somehow able to make himself completely impossible to hit. Every player on my team could see him, but whenever we went to attack him the hits wouldn't connect. He would just wait there for us to attack, and we would swing/shoot away like we were attacking a ghost. I'm not sure if he was using a lag switch, but he had no problem hitting us. The only way I was able to hit him was through ninjutsu and even then it only managed to make contact once. It was very strange. :smileyfrustrated:

Message 11 of 45 (457 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Regardless... I have little doubt many people are using lag switches at Peakvox Ninja.  I suggest the moment you see your opponent's character jittering (common indicator someone is using a lag switch) especially if they "disappear" and "reappear", exit the game and put them on your blocked users list.  

There are plenty of clean players looking for a fair fight.  Just ignore the cheaters and they'll be forced to play with other cheaters.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 12 of 45 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Jan 14, 2013

i feel bad for Peakvox they do a good thing like bring this out and less then a week ppl get mad at it and call ppl Hackers i am in no way trying to be rude but at least give it a few weeks

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 13 of 45 (451 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 14, 2013

McJorneil wrote:

Renmus__ wrote:

I've played since the beta and the Japan releace, and have never encountered a way that ppl were cheating, though angry players are much more common, I've been yelled at on several occasions, everybody assumes if you beat them then you must be cheating or a hacker -_-

I've only on one instance encountered someone who was cheating and it was in Japan. The player was somehow able to make himself completely impossible to hit. Every player on my team could see him, but whenever we went to attack him the hits wouldn't connect. He would just wait there for us to attack, and we would swing/shoot away like we were attacking a ghost. I'm not sure if he was using a lag switch, but he had no problem hitting us. The only way I was able to hit him was through ninjutsu and even then it only managed to make contact once. It was very strange. :smileyfrustrated:

I experienced something like this, though it was more like it showed an enemy on my screen that I couldn't attack.
Though when pressing triangle, it would show them on my team.

We weren't on the same team at all.

Message 14 of 45 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Jan 14, 2013

jj_dillon wrote:

I'm REALLY getting sick of these people, screwing up the game for everyone else. Do the MOD's and / or developers plan to do anything about it this week ?

I don't think this post not going anywhere at all. Is 100% impossible I've been there many of times and there's no hackers. You must been lagging a bit yeah I know is the worst connection of all. :smileyindifferent:

Message 15 of 45 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I've heard of lag switching, but I think it was mostly patched up, I'm not sure how they could use that to affect the game, and I doubt its very common if it does still work, if ppl are doing it it certainly hasn't affected me killing them :-) 

Message 16 of 45 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Home quickly disconnnects you if you use a lag switch.

You at most have 15 seconds to turn it off before you'll get a network error. You can't turn it on for a few seconds, turn it off, turn it on, turn it off in quick succession either. That will disconnect you as well.

So yeah, it's not a reliable method to cheat with. There's no real cheating going on, just good players and legitmate lag issues that accompany any online game because not everybody has a good connection.

Message 17 of 45 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jan 14, 2013

lazarojenrry wrote:

jj_dillon wrote:

I'm REALLY getting sick of these people, screwing up the game for everyone else. Do the MOD's and / or developers plan to do anything about it this week ?

I don't think this post not going anywhere at all. Is 100% impossible I've been there many of times and there's no hackers. You must been lagging a bit yeah I know is the worst connection of all. :smileyindifferent:

100% Impossible????  Literally?  LOL

I know for a fact people are using lag switches, as a "friend" was bragging about it to me (removed him from my FL after that) .  I've even seen it myself, and have seen people in the lobby even laughing about it.

Cheaters using lag switches have unfortunately become common place in online games.  Your only defense is to exit the game, and make sure you never play against that player again.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 18 of 45 (431 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

You at most have 15 seconds to turn it off before you'll get a network error. You can't turn it on for a few seconds, turn it off, turn it on, turn it off in quick succession either. That will disconnect you as well.

Sorry, but your wrong.  Lag switches are used in Home all the time.  I've seen it used first hand to access areas in a space before it loads... And you don't turn it off for any where close to 15 seconds.  In most cases all it takes is a quick flick off and back on... After all, they are deigned not to disconnect for the server, but rather just delay the connection.

"Like it never happened"

Message 19 of 45 (429 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Jan 14, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

Sorry, but your wrong.  Lag switches are used in Home all the time.  I've seen it used first hand to access areas in a space before it loads.

I'm not wrong. I've used lag swlitches in the past to do glitches myself. I know how they work.

Message 20 of 45 (423 Views)
0 Likes