Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
319 posts

Re: HOME...the ups and downs

Jan 28, 2009

MartB64 wrote:

Then you need to pay for that privilege.

It's a very simple concept, almost like real life in fact.

a) You want a service from Sony (the ability to host you own clubhouse and decorate it as you see fit with the options available).

b) You pay for the service.

c) Sony will provide you with that service.

d) You can then share this club including the clubhouse with 31 (currently the club membership limit is 32 people) of your friends.

Message Edited by MartB64 on 01-28-2009 04:10 PM

To extend this...paying is apparently to cover the fact that the clubhouse has to be persistant 

"Remember us." As simple an order as a king can give. "Remember why we died." For he did not wish tribute, nor song, nor monuments nor poems of war and valor. His wish was simple. "Remember us."

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
660 posts

Jan 29, 2009

PrizeFighterX6 wrote:
     I am one of many of the closed beta testers. I personaly think HOME is a really great program. Its a really good way to meet other gamers and to meet really good people as I have done. Unfortunately HOME has seen better days. We used to be able to server jump which was alot more usefull than it sounds. We used to refer to HOME as a glorified chat room or as I called it, a chat room on steroids. Now we have no public voice chat.

Instead we have clubs now which brings me to my real complaints. I paid $5 to own one of these clubs so why is it that everytime HOME gets an update I have to re-decorate it???? My homespace stays the way I had it! Why is it fair that I "the one that paid for the club" has to redecorate a club once again while everyone else gets to talk, laugh, and have a good time? Next is why did I lose my japan shirts?Those 3 shirts were the only thing I had that showed that I was in the closed beta from early on. And last but most disappointing is why did my Ice Breaker items get taken away from me? I'm not the biggest fan of those types of games but I really wanted the outfit so I worked really hard to beat that game and unlock all it had to offer....for what though....just for it to be taken away and not be given back to me.

I'm sorry but taking those items away from me is like taking away all of my trophies for one of my PS3 games. This is by far the biggest disappointment for me. HOME is supose to be all about the games and paople. Well people are disappointed and now I'm hesitant to purchase anything else from HOME as I fear that an update to HOME might take these items away from me. That could be considered stealing but its not because of the user agreement. So until I get my shirts back and sony can ensure me that what I buy and earn will not be taken away from me in an update or if they could at least give the stuff back eventually, until then I will not purchase anything more from HOME.

I will not disagree with you on any of this .. excellent post my friend. I have echoed or tried to echo pretty much the same sentiments in some of my threads/posts and  while I may not have had the opertunity to get the shirts you speak of from Japan. I understand you why you feel the way you do about these items being taken away. Now about the clubs .. I already stated what I don't like .. quite frankly .. couches being thrown at me .. invisible couches to sit on and redecorating every update is absolutely rediculous .. so kudos to you man that was a great topic. By the way .. I second the fact that home is a great place to meet friends and hang out. Content is a must though and so is public voice chat ... and you can take that to the bank .. thats my 2 cents.

PSJunkies.com
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
660 posts

Jan 29, 2009

Nextgenfan wrote:

Ok so its just the owner that needs to pay. But I wanna own my own club

Nothing wrong with paying for a club ... unless the economy has got you down that bad. I personally aint paying for em , as I stated in my previous post in here why should  I pay for this when every time I enter the club I get a couch thrown at my head. Yes it's funny ... but man it virtually hurts I tell ya .. I am lucky my avatar didn't lose a head with the last couch.

PSJunkies.com
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Jan 29, 2009
I made my furniture in my club more stable by experimenting with the placement. I'd set it up, leave, come back and change the placement of things that fell over. The last problem was the samurai swords falling over every now and then but moving it a little closer to the wall fixed that. It is possible to make it totally stable but it may not look like exactly what you wanted it to look like.
Screw you guys. I'm going Home.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
725 posts

Jan 29, 2009

Locust_Star wrote:

...is, unfortunately, not going to be posted until the winner (who is being contacted by our Legal department) signs the dotted line and agrees to allow us to use it.

As soon as this happens, we will announce the new name/new winner.

Apologies to all for how much of a headache this has been. We've learned a few things about how to better handle these types of contests in the future, and we promise to implement some changes next time around.

I hope that includes you picking the name for now on. This is absolutely ridiculous. Just give us a Cafe with no name. Is Slant 6 working on Home?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
660 posts

Jan 30, 2009

RYBEEZY wrote:

Locust_Star wrote:

...is, unfortunately, not going to be posted until the winner (who is being contacted by our Legal department) signs the dotted line and agrees to allow us to use it.

As soon as this happens, we will announce the new name/new winner.

Apologies to all for how much of a headache this has been. We've learned a few things about how to better handle these types of contests in the future, and we promise to implement some changes next time around.

I hope that includes you picking the name for now on. This is absolutely ridiculous. Just give us a Cafe with no name. Is Slant 6 working on Home?

Um .. somehow you posted this on the wrong thread .. I have no idea why.

PSJunkies.com
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 3, 2009
Thank you Wolverine8780 for all your suport on my thread. Its sad that other people miss-understood what this thread is all about. The point I was trying to get across was that me and A-LOT of my friends no longer go HOME, no longer attend HOME gatherings, or purchase anything from HOME because of some of the things that I mentioned in the thread. I, among some of my close friends miss what HOME used to be and what it used to mean. There are far too many people that complain about the wrong things, There are deffinitely too many people that request things that home does not need and because of this HOME is becoming more like a playground for whiners. This is just my opinion but there are others that share my beliefs. Cyd and Lucust Star, please start listening to the right people. Don't let HOME die with the dummies that request things that are useless for HOME.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 24 (4 Views)
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Feb 3, 2009
I feel ya Prize. I lost all my stuff to. Even though I didnt get the shirts in Japan, I miss my Uncharted items that arent even available now! Even that stupid plant! I fully support you and I will not buy anything else in home untill this issue is fixed. I to worked really hard for those items. I had  to replay echochrome and icebreaker again to get my stuff back and even then I dont have everything. I remember posting how upset I was when update 1.0 came out and got flamed. I still feel the same way. I miss v0.98. I admit I did buy a few things around Christmas time though. I will not get anything else though. One of my biggest complaints is why ifone region get a space dont all regions? Its made.... Its there.... make it in English, japanese, Chinese, or whatever! Hello it shouldnt be to hard! Why put all that work in for only ONE server. Another thing, Us North American HOME users dont realy get that much. Japan has gotten free stuff over the past 2 months. T- shirts, couches, coins, soda cans, and who knows whatelse. I havent really been on forever due to the DOWNS in HOME. Oh I forgot, we got the RE5 shirts.. ok kool. Where is OUR namco room? We all love Pac-Man and Galiga! Seriously SONY you are laking big time! I remember the E3 show where there was a Resistance and War Hawk room. Where are they? They were made obviously. If they come out in 5 months no one will care to much.... old news games. Where is the SOCOM room that was in Qore? SONY do you know how many people THOUGHT that room was in HOME before it went open? Those plush houses as well. Why is it everytime there is an update that only has something to do with A single space do I have to re download EVERY SINGLE space again? I can see that one space or the affected spaces being redownloaded but everything is just silly. Thats my..... 25 cents. Peace hommies!
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 24 (4 Views)
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Feb 3, 2009

I agree home is where I met you and everybody else and had great times hangingout back in closed beta now that home has gone open it has more problems than ever and I really don't see everybody that much.  Yes I know that everybody has problems outside of home but  maybe if home gets better we can all get back together and be the friends back in the day.  So Prize this is a brilliant thread ur a good friend.

Goodnight and good luck.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 24 (4 Views)
Splicer
38 posts

Feb 3, 2009
Great thread Prize. I agree with you 100% It pains me that HOME has deteriorated so far since open beta. I miss v0.98 as well. I will go back once our items are returned, japanese comm. items, etc. have been returned as we worked hard for these and were PROMISED that closed testers would retain these items. I n longer go HOME. How can we help out new people if we no longer know what we are talking about? We have always stood up for Sony's vision and supported them. Now it seems that all we stood for, promised others was coming, is all a lie and we are being slapped in our virtual faces.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 24 (4 Views)