Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 28 2009
By: PrizeFighterX6 First Son 2 posts

HOME...the ups and downs

23 replies 16 views Edited Jan 28, 2009
I am one of many of the closed beta testers. I personaly think HOME is a really great program. Its a really good way to meet other gamers and to meet really good people as I have done. Unfortunately HOME has seen better days. We used to be able to server jump which was alot more usefull than it sounds. We used to refer to HOME as a glorified chat room or as I called it, a chat room on steroids. Now we have no public voice chat. Instead we have clubs now which brings me to my real complaints. I paid $5 to own one of these clubs so why is it that everytime HOME gets an update I have to re-decorate it???? My homespace stays the way I had it! Why is it fair that I "the one that paid for the club" has to redecorate a club once again while everyone else gets to talk, laugh, and have a good time? Next is why did I lose my japan shirts? Those 3 shirts were the only thing I had that showed that I was in the closed beta from early on. And last but most disappointing is why did my Ice Breaker items get taken away from me? I'm not the biggest fan of those types of games but I really wanted the outfit so I worked really hard to beat that game and unlock all it had to offer....for what though....just for it to be taken away and not be given back to me. I'm sorry but taking those items away from me is like taking away all of my trophies for one of my PS3 games. This is by far the biggest disappointment for me. HOME is supose to be all about the games and paople. Well people are disappointed and now I'm hesitant to purchase anything else from HOME as I fear that an update to HOME might take these items away from me. That could be considered stealing but its not because of the user agreement. So until I get my shirts back and sony can ensure me that what I buy and earn will not be taken away from me in an update or if they could at least give the stuff back eventually, until then I will not purchase anything more from HOME.
Message 1 of 24 (16 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1611 posts

Re: HOME...the ups and downs

Jan 28, 2009

You have to pay to own a club?

SONY HAS LOST IT!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE I AM...TOUR - JULY 17, 2009 - CHICAGO, IL - UNITED CENTER
Message 2 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Jan 28, 2009
Curious. My club is very stable and hasn't had any problems like that for some time now. The other club I belong to does seem to have those problems. The problem with my club is nobody is ever there because there is nothing to do. That's cool, though, I expect that'll change by the time I'm paying the monthly fee.
Screw you guys. I'm going Home.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 3 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1611 posts

Jan 28, 2009

MONTHLY FEE?!!!??!??

Message 4 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
319 posts

Jan 28, 2009

Nextgenfan wrote:

MONTHLY FEE?!!!??!??

Sony has put that after March 31st they may choose to implement a subscription fee for clubs. So the owner of the club has to may a nominal fee for the right to have a club. It wouldn't suprise me though that they may not implement this until game launching is introduced

"Remember us." As simple an order as a king can give. "Remember why we died." For he did not wish tribute, nor song, nor monuments nor poems of war and valor. His wish was simple. "Remember us."

Message 5 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Jan 28, 2009

Nextgenfan wrote:

MONTHLY FEE?!!!??!??

Just to clarify. It doesn't cost anything to be in a club, just to be the administrator of your own club. I suppose the admin could ask the members to contribute but I think that'd be kinda weak.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 6 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1611 posts

Jan 28, 2009

Ok so its just the owner that needs to pay. But I wanna own my own club

Message 7 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Jan 28, 2009

Nextgenfan wrote:

I'm contradicting myself a little because I just said it'd be a weak thing to do but maybe you and a few friends could go in together and get a club. I forgot if I payed five or six dollars but if you split that between a few people the cost would be nominal.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 8 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
319 posts

Jan 28, 2009

Smackndr wrote:

I'm contradicting myself a little because I just said it'd be a weak thing to do but maybe you and a few friends could go in together and get a club. I forgot if I payed five or six dollars but if you split that between a few people the cost would be nominal.

Yea although it's not that much, it would be nice to share the cost around. Even if it was like just the leaders and sub-leaders that have to pay. 

"Remember us." As simple an order as a king can give. "Remember why we died." For he did not wish tribute, nor song, nor monuments nor poems of war and valor. His wish was simple. "Remember us."

Message 9 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Jan 28, 2009

Nextgenfan wrote:

Then you need to pay for that privilege.

It's a very simple concept, almost like real life in fact.

a) You want a service from Sony (the ability to host you own clubhouse and decorate it as you see fit with the options available).

b) You pay for the service.

c) Sony will provide you with that service.

d) You can then share this club including the clubhouse with 31 (currently the club membership limit is 32 people) of your friends.

Message Edited by MartB64 on 01-28-2009 04:10 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never Underestimate The Predictability Of Stupidity!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud member of:

signature photo New_Logo_Signature.png
Message 10 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes