Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Re: HOME = Star Wars Galaxies On Crack

Jun 21, 2007
Yeah, today is a great day! Someone killed my entire family, but I can get over it quickly!
Message 11 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jun 22, 2007
I very seriously doubt it will be Galaxies on crack. When Galaxies 1st came out it was one of the best MMO's I've ever played, but then Sony decided to destroy it with the lamest overhaul an MMO has ever underwent. Will I be able to get in space dogfights in Home? Can I hunt Jedi player characters for money?  Can I murder Ewoks indiscriminately? No. All that being said I'm eagerly awaiting getting a chance to play Home, I just don't think this comparison is applicable.
Message 12 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5666 posts

Jun 22, 2007

wolfgang187 wrote:
I very seriously doubt it will be Galaxies on crack. When Galaxies 1st came out it was one of the best MMO's I've ever played, but then Sony decided to destroy it with the lamest overhaul an MMO has ever underwent. Will I be able to get in space dogfights in Home? Can I hunt Jedi player characters for money?  Can I murder Ewoks indiscriminately? No. All that being said I'm eagerly awaiting getting a chance to play Home, I just don't think this comparison is applicable.

I blame Lucas Arts for the woes of SWG..... They found out it was 100x better than the new trilogy and had to tone it down....

We will see when SOE releases The Agency.
Message 13 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
855 posts

Jun 22, 2007

AgentAnderson wrote:

wolfgang187 wrote:

I blame Lucas Arts for the woes of SWG..... They found out it was 100x better than the new trilogy and had to tone it down....

I am not sure what to make of it, but I know that someone isn't listening to customers with that game! Alot of people wanted the changes in the game reversed and those thoughts were pretty much blown off and ignored. I can't understand why to be honest.
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Message 14 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jun 22, 2007

winlonghorn wrote:

AgentAnderson wrote:

wolfgang187 wrote:

I am not sure what to make of it, but I know that someone isn't listening to customers with that game! Alot of people wanted the changes in the game reversed and those thoughts were pretty much blown off and ignored. I can't understand why to be honest.

I don't get it either. I played eq1 and 2 and wow, and when I got to around level 40 in all of those games the gameplay just got boring. With Galaxies I not only maxed out my bounty hunter (the most fun class character in MMO's IMO) I never made a new character and played my maxed out guy constantly. You could always fill up a 10 person squad that almost always merged with 2 others for a max of 30 ppl to go hunt dewbacks. Or all those drunken nights on teamspeak charging Ft. Tuskan (and usually running for your life with 12 or so Tuskan Raiders giving chase) on Tatooine. Funniest thing that ever happened in that game, me and my buddy are riding our speeder bikes, out jumps a Rancor, takes a swipe at my buddy, he dies instantly, but his speeder bike is still ghost riding next to me.
Message 15 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

Jun 22, 2007

ResidentxEvil wrote:
Can't wait. I spent years packing up and decorating Homes/Guild houses in Star wars galaxies with Trophy's, rares etc. VERY Addicting. This will make me stick to my PS3 everyday, screw XBL, this is XBL but 100X better.  Go Sony!

Home will be nothing like Star Wars Galaxies... for the simple reason, it's not a game. Unlike SWG, there are no "missions".... if your looking at this as an RPG, your going to be very disappointed. It is simply a meeting place where everyone can socialize. The "home" is nothing more then a way for the user to brag about their accomplishments. Or how thick their wallet is - Regardless, Home will certainly be something new to the console world and I am very excited to see it's release.

!
Message 16 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jun 22, 2007

Yeah um...where did you not get the Decorating part? i didnt say anything else but Decorating, that had to do with SWG.
Message 17 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jun 22, 2007

ResidentxEvil wrote:

Yeah um...where did you not get the Decorating part? i didnt say anything else but Decorating, that had to do with SWG.

Ah yes, I did pretty much breeze through your OP. Indeed that was a fun part of the game. I was a merchant on Naboo, just outside of Theed, and it took me days to set up my shop and make it look cool enough for ppl to shop there.
Message 18 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jun 22, 2007
Ah yes, I did pretty much breeze through your OP. Indeed that was a fun part of the game. I was a merchant on Naboo, just outside of Theed, and it took me days to set up my shop and make it look cool enough for ppl to shop there.

LOL awsome. My Guild House is right outside Theed. Been playing SWG since day 1. Got so many vet rewards haha.
Message 19 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes