Wastelander
865 posts

Re: HOME IS NOT A FULL GAME!!!

Dec 21, 2008

GlenCompton wrote:

I have been apart of other BETA tests, and this is the only one i have seen where it was suggested to use a forum thread to post issues.

Actually a lot of them included the use of sending memory dumps to actually allow the developer to view debuggin data, and action logs. For everyone to pile their experiences into a single thread wreaks of not caring.

They are forced to just take everyone at their word, with absolutly no debugging data.

Besides, aren't BETAs supposed to be in a feature freeze? They are supposed to stablize all the current features and test the limits to allow the product to go gold. So where are all the new items and features going to fit in?

Expanding only happens after everything has become stable, not simultaiously. 

Once again, THIS ISN'T A BETA IN ANYTHING BUT NAME ALONE!

That's what I've been saying for two weeks now. 

Sony slapped the tag 'beta' on it so they can have an excuse when crap goes wrong (like all of our stuff disappearing).   This is like the 'beta' that cod4 did back on the 360.  That was nothing more than a multiplayer demo/publicity stunt.   This is as released as home will ever be.  It will never be out of beta.  

jmiscavish
Message 51 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Dec 21, 2008

First thing I would like to say is: Home isn't a game. Period. I don't know why people are still saying it.

Second thing I have to say is concerning the comparison Of Home Beta to G-Mail. That was a poor choice by SCE

to use g-mail to describe this beta. Thinking Home will never leave beta statuts even if it has officially been stated

the closed beta WILL end in 2009, is a perfect example of misinformation within a community.

In an attempt to get users to understand the pre-alpha, alpha, beta, and RC stages here's a read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

Mind you, I was in a beta test for an OS that took about a year, with multiple builds and client versions.

Home will leave beta status and just like any other service, it will be improved. It doesn't have to be in beta to 

improve and add things.

Message 52 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 21, 2008

The thing that is making me mad about this thread is I bought stuff (not too much mind you,) and am one of the  actual few who are supporting HOME (financially, not in spirit or on a forum because it was launched as a 'BETA.')

I don't need someone who has not donated ANYTHING to the home BETA to come here and tell me how i can phrase my opinions and my issues with the service (and at this point donation is the right word!) 

Like i said in previous posts, we dont have to agree, but you don't need to come here whining about mine or other peoples opinions on HOME, especially when you have admitted you have not spent a dime on the service.

If we didn't all have PS3s (like you mentioned in your second post, you do and have the right to express your opinion on these board because of which) then none of us would have home to talk about it in detail, like our knowledge of the current bugs and our experiences with the service.

Why don't you just man up and grow a pair and stop worrying about other people who have different opinions as you do? I don't go around telling everyone who likes home they are wrong for saying so! they are permitted their opinion, and have a right to post it here. Yet, to start a crusade to complain about other users with a different opinion then yours, and to talk smack about those of us who trusted the HOME developers with our money is just bad taste. By claiming you have no confidence in the service, which is illustrated in your opinion of those who actually have contributed money to HOME, you are saying the same thing that those of us who are posting about our issues are, just with different wording and some ignorant omniscient attitude!

Besides, who are you to tell me under what conditions 

Message 53 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2675 posts

Dec 21, 2008

JaydaFoooah wrote:

IT IS BETA!........BETA......BETA.....BETA.....BETA.....BETA.....BETA......BETA......BETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tired of all these posts stating that stuff is missin....or something doesn't work right...or we can't launch games...etc. etc. etc.               GET OVER IT!!    IT......IS....A.....BETA!

how long till these people stop and realize? geez!

every single post/thread i've been into has at least 2-4 people crying about things like this. "add this...get rid of that...lemme cry some more...oh, u took that out, lemme cry about that too!"

get a JOB....give us actual gamers some relief!

FIRST OF ALL, HOME IS NOT A GAME IS AN APPLICATION....AND YES,IS STILL A BETA,AND IS GOING TO STAY LIKE THIS FOR A LONG TIME.

Message 54 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2816 posts

Dec 21, 2008

maybe homes not a game.

but at the beginning it does say.....

"WARNING! : This game accesses the HDD automatically at certain points. Do not switch off the system while the HDD access icon is being displayed."

How do you explain that.?!?!.

Photobucket
Message 55 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2675 posts

Dec 21, 2008

mikopo3919 wrote:

maybe homes not a game.

but at the beginning it does say.....

"WARNING! : This game accesses the HDD automatically at certain points. Do not switch off the system while the HDD access icon is being displayed."

How do you explain that.?!?!.

Maybe because as an application it allows to play games inside of it.....

That's why Home isn't no more under the games tab......because is not a game ,it's an app.

Message 56 of 57 (0 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
409 posts

Feb 14, 2009

i had to kudo u...u "helped me" hit the nail on the head....

(for LUIGGY).. :robottongue:

Message Edited by JaydaFoooah on 02-13-2009 10:43 PM
Message 57 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes