Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 03/02/2013
Online
4009 posts
 

Re: Guide to the Different LKWD "Skies" Spaces

Jul 16, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:

*snip*


It's not a bonus reward, but a replacement reward. From reading what Tim said, it sounds like Japan is replacing the Hand Item Sword with an Ornament Sword. From what I heard recently about Japan, they don't allow hand held weapons in that region.


That's very interesting. Odd for a country with such a rich history of melee weaponry, but (for once) it sounds like we're drawing the long straw on this one. :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 63 (322 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/17/2012
Online
3418 posts
 

Re: Guide to the Different LKWD "Skies" Spaces

Jul 16, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

Anton_Xul wrote:

*snip*


It's not a bonus reward, but a replacement reward. From reading what Tim said, it sounds like Japan is replacing the Hand Item Sword with an Ornament Sword. From what I heard recently about Japan, they don't allow hand held weapons in that region.


That's very interesting. Odd for a country with such a rich history of melee weaponry, but (for once) it sounds like we're drawing the long straw on this one. :smileyhappy:


You watch too many movies Julian LOL, but if movie references is what you enjoy, the movie "The Last Samurai" shows how westernization of Japan in the 1873 abolished the right to brandish weapons in public and to this day no weapons are allowed UNLESS its in a game in JP as well as JP Home.  Here's another excerpt for you from Wiki. :womanhappy:

 

Emperor Meiji abolished the samurai's right to be the only armed force in favor of a more modern, western-style, conscripted army in 1873. Samurai became Shizoku (士族) who retained some of their salaries, but the right to wear a katana in public was eventually abolished along with the right to execute commoners who paid them disrespect. 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 63 (309 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 03/02/2013
Online
4009 posts
 

Re: Guide to the Different LKWD "Skies" Spaces

Jul 16, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

Anton_Xul wrote:

*snip*


It's not a bonus reward, but a replacement reward. From reading what Tim said, it sounds like Japan is replacing the Hand Item Sword with an Ornament Sword. From what I heard recently about Japan, they don't allow hand held weapons in that region.


That's very interesting. Odd for a country with such a rich history of melee weaponry, but (for once) it sounds like we're drawing the long straw on this one. :smileyhappy:


You watch too many movies Julian LOL, but if movie references is what you enjoy, the movie "The Last Samurai" shows how westernization of Japan in the 1873 abolished the right to brandish weapons in public and to this day no weapons are allowed UNLESS its in a game in JP as well as JP Home.  Here's another excerpt for you from Wiki. :womanhappy:

 

Emperor Meiji abolished the samurai's right to be the only armed force in favor of a more modern, western-style, conscripted army in 1873. Samurai became Shizoku (士族) who retained some of their salaries, but the right to wear a katana in public was eventually abolished along with the right to execute commoners who paid them disrespect. 


Well... that's no fun! :smileytongue:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 63 (304 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4131 posts
 

Re: Guide to the Different LKWD "Skies" Spaces

Jul 16, 2013

Shirobara- wrote:

If anyone knows the total needed for the Golden Opal ring, please feel free to share.

 


You need 4,000 points to unlock the Golden Opal Ring.

 

BTW:  I've noticed that the red meter for the total points deposited in the community chest has been going up very fast, and is close to hitting the target amount needed for everyone to get the Tiger LMO Mount. So keep up the collecting everyone. :smileyhappy:

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 63 (295 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 01/21/2013
Offline
631 posts
 

Re: Guide to the Different LKWD "Skies" Spaces

Jul 16, 2013
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but respawning times for the jewels once collected is:
Red Jewel - 1 minute
Blue Jewel - 2 Minutes
Rare Jewel - 5 minutes
Antonio Xul
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 63 (277 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/17/2012
Online
3418 posts
 

Re: Guide to the Different LKWD "Skies" Spaces

Jul 17, 2013

I didnt receive my wish for the Scarab sword, its was given as an option and I selected but no sword or display item.  Im also not getting the option for the brasier in JP .... anyone else having this problem?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 63 (257 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4131 posts
 

Re: Guide to the Different LKWD "Skies" Spaces

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Im also not getting the option for the brasier in JP .... anyone else having this problem?


The Brasier is only available as a wish from the Kingdom of the Skies public space.  Does JP have that space as well?  I'm frankly surprised JP got the Haven of the Skies clubhouse as it seems JP rarely gets any LKWD content.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 63 (252 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 09/20/2008
Online
2952 posts
 

Re: Guide to the Different LKWD "Skies" Spaces

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I didnt receive my wish for the Scarab sword, its was given as an option and I selected but no sword or display item.  Im also not getting the option for the brasier in JP .... anyone else having this problem?


My friend said she didn't receive the sword display after choosing the wish either.  EDIT:  I also did not receive the display sword when I chose the wish just now.


D-Nitrate wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Im also not getting the option for the brasier in JP .... anyone else having this problem?


The Brasier is only available as a wish from the Kingdom of the Skies public space.  Does JP have that space as well?  I'm frankly surprised JP got the Haven of the Skies clubhouse as it seems JP rarely gets any LKWD content.


From what I saw, JP only has the Jewel of the Skies personal space.  People are just accessing the Haven and wishes through NA clubs.  I might be wrong but I didn't see the Haven club for sale when I last checked over there.

EDIT Again:  I received a new carpet trail on my JP account in the clubhouse, not sure which it's substituting for or if it is:

Playstation Home - Playstation Home - 2013-07-16 11-16-14.png

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 63 (238 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4131 posts
 

Re: Guide to the Different LKWD "Skies" Spaces

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

EDIT Again:  I received a new carpet trail on my JP account in the clubhouse, not sure which it's substituting for or if it is:

Playstation Home - Playstation Home - 2013-07-16 11-16-14.png


That is the Zodiac Carpet Trail which in NA is available as a wish from the Genie's Lamp in the Haven of the Skies clubhouse.  It appears to be the rarest carpet trail, and is my favorite.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 63 (222 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 09/20/2008
Online
2952 posts
 

Re: Guide to the Different LKWD "Skies" Spaces

Jul 17, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

bestscreenname wrote:

EDIT Again:  I received a new carpet trail on my JP account in the clubhouse, not sure which it's substituting for or if it is:

Playstation Home - Playstation Home - 2013-07-16 11-16-14.png


That is the Zodiac Carpet Trail which in NA is available as a wish from the Genie's Lamp in the Haven of the Skies clubhouse.  It appears to be the rarest carpet trail, and is my favorite.


Ahh thanks for clearing that up,  I wasn't sure if it was limited to JP like the sword display.  It seems like there's a trail for each carpet design except the tiger stripped one or has someone received that one too?

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 63 (220 Views)
Reply
0 Likes