PlayStation MVP
28994 posts

Re: Guide to not available items thru player inspect

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:
I was too :smileysad: I tried inspecting on 3-4 people on different days, just to make sure it wasn't 1 of those time that everything starts coming up as Not Available. Same with Designer outfits.

I know I'm getting a bit forgetful but this was a store purchased item if I'm not mistaken and why it's not available is surprising. 

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 69 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4082 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:
Oh yeah...some not available items include:
- Futuristic Casual top by SCE, that was removed without warning years ago.
- Designer skirt and Designer top & jacket in both black and white.
- Singstar EU Britney Spears-looking hair

So basically Player Inspect can be used as another form of the Mall Hack, as it appears all the regional items that were not localized can be purchased on an account not from that region... Much in the same way that ISE allows non localized rewards from one region onto an account in a different region.

The plot thickens.

I will say my eyebrows did raise considerably seeing certain users that have been very vocal against the *Mall Hack, even going so far as saying people should get banned for using it, now requesting and purchasing the same Mall Hack items.  Hmmmm.

* The Mall Hack does basically the same thing as Player Inspect in regards to what you can and cannot purchase - except the Mall Hack let's you purchase all items and not just clothing and portables, and it allows you to purchase free store items.

Persoanlly, I have no issue with either, as I really don't care what others do as it doesn't effect my own personal enjoyment of Home, and I don't get caught up in the whole "I've got items you don't have." nonsense.  I wasn't that way in High School, so I'm certainly not going to start now... :smileywink:

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 69 (307 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3900 posts

Sep 25, 2013
No D, they show as "Not Available"

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 69 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4082 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

Jason1802128 wrote:

I have been able to purchase some of my older Irem Yakata's and spelunker items from Japan and yes they are localized.  I haven't been able to buy everything but there are definitely from other regions available though player inspect.

How do you know they are localized?  Most items that are not localized do not say that in their description.  The way you can tell if it is localized or not is if you can add it to an account from a different region.  So those items likely are not localized.

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I know I'm getting a bit forgetful but this was a store purchased item if I'm not mistaken and why it's not available it surprising. 

It definitely is curious why some items that were visually removed from the store still are available through both the Mall Hack and Player Inspect, but others are not available.  There doesn't seem to even be a recognizable pattern, as some items that were removed and are not available are from Devs still selling items in Home, while others, like the IREM items are still available.

StephieRawks wrote:
No D, they show as "Not Available"

I'm not sure what you are referring to, as you didn't quote or say what you are saying "No" to?

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 69 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Sep 25, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

StephieRawks wrote:
Oh yeah...some not available items include:
- Futuristic Casual top by SCE, that was removed without warning years ago.
- Designer skirt and Designer top & jacket in both black and white.
- Singstar EU Britney Spears-looking hair

So basically Player Inspect can be used as another form of the Mall Hack, as it appears all the regional items that were not localized can be purchased on an account not from that region... Much in the same way that ISE allows non localized rewards from one region onto an account in a different region.

The plot thickens.

I will say my eyebrows did raise considerably seeing certain users that have been very vocal against the *Mall Hack, even going so far as saying people should get banned for using it, now requesting and purchasing items the same Mall Hack items.  Hmmmm.

* The Mall Hack does basically the same thing as Player Inspect in regards to what you can and cannot purchase - except the Mall Hack let's you purchase all items and not just clothing and portables, and it allows you to purchase free store items.

Persoanlly, I have no issue with either, as I really don't care what others do as it doesn't effect my own personal enjoyment of Home, and I don't get caught up in the whole "I've got items you don't have." nonsense.  I wasn't that way in High School, so I'm certainly not going to start now... :smileywink:

I was going to say something, but you made a point. This does work just like a mall hack, instead it's limited of what the user can buy. But yes, I do find it very funny some people are using it, that were very against people getting things they couldn't before. (This isn't about ISE, just the mall hack side of exploitation.)

But much like you, I have no issues with either. I've helped people get things with player inspect. Though, I'm not personally interested in getting things from others. 

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 69 (281 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3900 posts

Sep 25, 2013
D: I can't quote via mobile, but I was replying to the post directly above :smileytongue: It's not the same as a mall hack, because inspect *doesn't* work on those items you quoted

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 69 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4082 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:
D: I can't quote via mobile, but I was replying to the post directly above :smileytongue: It's not the same as a mall hack, because inspect *doesn't* work on those items you quoted

Neither does the Mall Hack... I think you misunderstood me, or I wasn't clear.

The only difference in terms of what you can and cannot get from the Mall Hack vs Player Inspect are items other than wardrobe and portables and free store items.  If an item is "Not Available" using Player Inspect, then it is also not available with the Mall Hack.  I hope that is more clear.

So again, the Player Inspect most definitely can be used as another form of Mall hack, but is limited to wardrobe and portable items, and you can't get free store items.

If you are still saying "No" to that, can you be more specific on how that is not the case?

"Like it never happened"

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 69 (270 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
758 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

Jason1802128 wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

cgmann99 wrote:
I was not going to include reward or gifted items in this list. It is for items that were purchasable at one time thru the regular store. Yes I will update w the items in the original post. I cannot do that till later this evening when I get home.

That's good, but considering some might not realize this and will start posting various reward, gifted, dev coin, redemption code items, it still seems like the thread would benefit if you made that clear in the OP.  

LittleTortuga wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:
  • Reward Items
  • Redemption Code Items
  • Items from other Regions
  • Items Purchased as part of a Bundle (some may be available, but not confirmed)
  • All items purchased using Dev coins, like LKWD Gift Machine, VeeMee 3D Printer, and Juggernaught Coin purchases

I've purchased items from EU.

Care to expand on that?   Normally you can not purchase an item from another region using an account that is not from that region.  Maybe the item wasn't localized?  

If there are some exceptions like the one you sort of hinted at, then as SmonkingPistol mentioned, maybe there should be a list of the exceptions of what is available, that normally is not.

I have been able to purchase some of my older Irem Yakata's and spelunker items from Japan and yes they are localized.  I haven't been able to buy everything but there are definitely from other regions available though player inspect.

Don't quote me on this.

I'm assuming the database for items are something like this.

Example of somekind of item available in all regions:

item_id = 123456789

item_name_JP = なんらかの服

item_name_US = somekind of clothing

item_name_EU = somekind of clothing

item_price_JP = 100

item_price_US = 0.99

item_price_EU= NA (not available)

and so on.

So since the id is the same, it typically points to the same product. If the item is registered in the store of your region with a price, then you can purchase it.

Unless your talking something completely new that US never got, I think the ones your talking such as the Spelunker stuff was out for the US before.

http://alphazone4.com/store/update/1188/

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 69 (267 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4082 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

nagon111 wrote:

Don't quote me on this.

I'm assuming the database for items are something like this.

Example:

item_id = 123456789

item_name_JP = なんらかの服

item_name_US = somekind of clothing

item_name_EU = somekind of clothing

item_price_JP = 100

item_price_US = 0.99

item_price_EU= NA (not available)

and so on.

So since the id is the same, it typically points to the same product. If it is registered in the store of your region with a price, then you can purchase it.

That sounds about right... And perhaps the items that were removed from the store that are "not available", someone changed the price code to NA (or likely blank) thus making them unavailable.  While other items that were removed from the store, they didn't bother to change the price code, making them available using the Mall Hack or Player Inspect.

Just for clarification, when I say something is not localized for a region it means they did not include regional data, in this case price, thus making it unavailable with either the Mall Hack or Player Inspect for that region the person is trying to buy it for.

"Like it never happened"

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 69 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8470 posts

Sep 25, 2013
SCEE made content that is not yet released here yet is purchasable as I have been trading with LittleTortuga for days now. Also seperate parts of the Diamond Beach Mansion are available to buy seperately although purchased bundled only in the normal store. ToyLogic LMOS from EU can be PI's as well. When a dev makes an item they can make it region specific or open to all. My guess is these are Sony licensed items meaning they keep them open to all regions so that if they feel like bringing them here eventually they can do so easily.

If I were a betting man (I am) I would say both the ToyLogic LMOs and clothing content only EU has received lately will come to NA markets. The fact you can buy them now leads me to believe this.

In the case of Jasons removed JP only content, I was the one last week with him purchasing items, while new GZ items did not work, old Irem items did. My theory on this is that it simply was the early days of Home and all content was left unlocalized in case it was brought to NA eventually. It probably wouldve had the company not have been restructured.

Also, yes Lockwood bundle pieces are purchasable like MIND says. I believe him to be right in the assumption that they were originally uploaded as inidvidual items but sold in bundle pricing only. Evidence of this can be found in that certain Lockwood clothes that have only been bundled here are sold as single items in EU. I dont think its a developer decision as much as it is a management thing from region to region.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 69 (238 Views)