Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Re: Guide to not available items thru player inspect

Sep 25, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

infamousgodV2_0 wrote:

add Darksiders War armor & Saints Row The3rd nyte blade outfit to the list

There were two identical versions of the Darsiders War Armour, one was a code redmeption item (thus will always be unavailable), and one was sold in the store.  [B] I suspect the one that was sold in the store you can still get via Player Inspect. [/B]

I tried that one off a friend it said not available

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 69 (409 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Oh I don't know seriously. I think the Blog Jeans are pretty rare. I did try them with Player Inspect and they don't work so that can be added to the list. 

Weren't the Blog Jeans a redemption code item?

If so, seeing as how all redemption code items and rewards can not be purchased in the first place, then they shouldn't be added to the list right?  If not, this list is going to have over 10,000 items on it.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 69 (409 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29172 posts

Sep 25, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Oh I don't know seriously. I think the Blog Jeans are pretty rare. I did try them with Player Inspect and they don't work so that can be added to the list. 

Weren't the Blog Jeans a redemption code item?

If so, seeing as how all redemption code items and rewards can not be purchased in the first place, then they shouldn't be added to the list right?  If not, this list is going to have over 10,000 items on it.

Yes they were so I suppose it's not surprising. It's hard to know what will or not work until you try it. Oddly enough I have a Threads top that a friend wanted really badly and it's not coming up as purchaseable and I'm sure she will be unhappy when I have to tell her. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 69 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
694 posts

Sep 25, 2013
Redbull stuff is unavailable.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 69 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Sep 25, 2013

I'll take some pictures of unavailable things later, and post them here.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 69 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9214 posts

Sep 25, 2013
Yes Redbull flight gear is unavailable as is the skateboard stuff and shorts as well.
Saints Row 3 stuff is unpurchasable.
Granzella pieces from bundles are not available to buy.
Items that were FREE in the store cannot be bought (although I found the SCEA eyeball head can be despite being free at one time)
Any reward item is not purchasable (and yes, that would cover all redeem code items ever)
Ummm more as I think harder.

Basically it would be shorter in theory to create a thread of items that were removed that CAN be player inspected but even that is a large undertaking. Ive been thinking of ways to properly organize a thread like this for days now. I still like call and answer 'Im looking for this' posts like in the trade thread. That seems to be working rather well actually.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 69 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Sep 25, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:

I'm pretty sure all items that were bought as a bundle are not available, no matter the developer.  

In fact, a friend of mine used Inspect on me when I was using the LMO - EMF Detector from Juggernaught (which sells separately, and thus in theory should be available through PI) but it came up as unavailable.  I suspect the reason for this is that I bought the bundle version.  So apparently PI only lists the item as available if the person using it bought that version as a standalone item.

We need more information on how this PI system really works.  I doubt Tempest Fire or anyone else from Sony is going to say anything, so it will have to come down to trial and error testing.

For the time being though, the OP should just make a blanket statement that all the following items are not available via PI:

• Reward Items
  • Redemption Code Items
  • Items Purchased as part of a Bundle
  • Items from other Regions

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 69 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Has anyone tested if you can buy x7 Preview items via PI?  If so, this would be a nice feature for those that do not have access to x7 and would like to purchase early release clothes.

"Like it never happened"

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 69 (355 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29172 posts

Sep 25, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Has anyone tested if you can buy x7 Preview items via PI?  If so, this would be a nice feature for those that do not have access to x7 and would like to purchase early release clothes.

You can't get the free items. I do believe you can buy the preview ones. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 69 (353 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:

I'm pretty sure all items that were bought as a bundle are not available, no matter the developer.  

In fact, a friend of mine used Inspect on me when I was using the LMO - EMF Detector from Juggernaught (which sells separately, and thus in theory should be available through PI) but it came up as unavailable.  I suspect the reason for this is that I bought the bundle version.  So apparently PI only lists the item as available if the person using it bought that version as a standalone item.

We need more information on how this PI system really works.  I doubt Tempest Fire or anyone else from Sony is going to say anything, so it will have to come down to trial and error testing.

For the time being though, the OP should just make a blanket statement that all the following items are not available via PI:

• Reward Items
  • Redemption Code Items
  • Items Purchased as part of a Bundle
  • Items from other Regions

Apparently, some items from the Drop Science bundles can be inspected, and they work.

Little Tortuga mentioned it a day or so ago.

I've yet to test this myself, but I think it depends on the developer. Also perhaps these items were originally stored in the server as separate bought items, but eventually made it into bundles.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 69 (352 Views)