Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/06/2013
Offline
333 posts
 

Re: Granzella - The Kikai Machine Empire Best Way To Grind / Get Points And Rank Up

Aug 4, 2013
I'm in the top 100 and still don't know any "secrets". So, please inbox me something. Thanks.
"Sometimes we have to watch our whole lives fall apart before we can rebuild them again - a greater foundation"
Message 21 of 33 (344 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/27/2009
Offline
462 posts
 

Re: Granzella - The Kikai Machine Empire Best Way To Grind / Get Points And Rank Up

Aug 6, 2013

wish this would've been posted sooner. like before the event started so the ppl that really wanted to try hard could've got the most out of it like the ppl that maxed out the score in under a week...I even asked this question to a few ppl who were doing really well, and I asked on here also and nobody said anything, like they didn't want to share this special secret....

Message 22 of 33 (308 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/24/2009
Offline
1947 posts
 

Re: Granzella - The Kikai Machine Empire Best Way To Grind / Get Points And Rank Up

Aug 6, 2013

So how/when does the leaderboard stuff pay out?


I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 23 of 33 (307 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/27/2009
Offline
462 posts
 

Re: Granzella - The Kikai Machine Empire Best Way To Grind / Get Points And Rank Up

Aug 6, 2013

Crazy-88 wrote:

So how/when does the leaderboard stuff pay out?


after maintainance go talk to the computer thing at the secret base

Message 24 of 33 (304 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/08/2011
Offline
1649 posts
 

Re: Granzella - The Kikai Machine Empire Best Way To Grind / Get Points And Rank Up

Aug 6, 2013

wrx009 wrote:

wish this would've been posted sooner. like before the event started so the ppl that really wanted to try hard could've got the most out of it like the ppl that maxed out the score in under a week...I even asked this question to a few ppl who were doing really well, and I asked on here also and nobody said anything, like they didn't want to share this special secret....


You could have discovered it yourself. All you really need to do is examine the leaderboards.

Message 25 of 33 (286 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
62 posts
 

Re: Granzella - The Kikai Machine Empire Best Way To Grind / Get Points And Rank Up

Aug 15, 2013

I think it's kind of unfair that those who KNOW or have a good strategy don't share it with other people who're looking for advice. If you reached your goal on the leaderboards, why not help out someone who's simply asking? I'm just saying.

 

Anyway, I dug up this thread cuz I didn't feel like making another one when this one perfectly describes what I was going to ask anyway. Getting back on topic, what are the best strategies on racking up points? What combinations or armor or battlesuit works best? Which weapons work best? I already know about the old soda machines and those are awesome. But obviously that's only for a limited time and only once every 24 hours. If I had a better strategy than what I have now, I'd happily share it. The onl thing I'm doing is UFO Front over and over and over and over, with little results. I'm barely ranked 271 right now and I'm sure I might be lower since there's people constantly BATTLING.

 

I don't understand why people call it "grinding". Lol

Message 26 of 33 (222 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/23/2008
Offline
307 posts
 

Re: Granzella - The Kikai Machine Empire Best Way To Grind / Get Points And Rank Up

Aug 15, 2013

is it still going on?  i thought it was over by now

Message 27 of 33 (206 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/20/2008
Offline
376 posts
 

Re: Granzella - The Kikai Machine Empire Best Way To Grind / Get Points And Rank Up

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2013

XenonMazi wrote:

I think it's kind of unfair that those who KNOW or have a good strategy don't share it with other people who're looking for advice. If you reached your goal on the leaderboards, why not help out someone who's simply asking? I'm just saying.

 

Anyway, I dug up this thread cuz I didn't feel like making another one when this one perfectly describes what I was going to ask anyway. Getting back on topic, what are the best strategies on racking up points? What combinations or armor or battlesuit works best? Which weapons work best? I already know about the old soda machines and those are awesome. But obviously that's only for a limited time and only once every 24 hours. If I had a better strategy than what I have now, I'd happily share it. The onl thing I'm doing is UFO Front over and over and over and over, with little results. I'm barely ranked 271 right now and I'm sure I might be lower since there's people constantly BATTLING.

 

I don't understand why people call it "grinding". Lol


Well for starters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grinding_(video_gaming) :smileyhappy:

 

The best weapon to use for grinding is the beam katana. What you want to do is hold square down for a full charge attack and kill enemies with it. You'll make more points this way than by just hacking and slashing your way through them. Armor doesn't matter. The best place to grind would be the Government Office level, but you're probably going to find it to be a very laggy, unstable mess compared to when the event was still taking place.

 

What this means is the method of grinding that worked here prior to the event's end will no longer work as well as it used to. Unless you can somehow get an empty and more stable instance. Anyway, when you're there you'll probably see a bunch of people running up and down the stairs killing the four gunners over and over with a fully charged beam sword. You don't want to do this. It's simply a waste of time.

 

Instead, you should work your way to the section where all the bombs are located and take them out with a full charge when they're grouped together. Do this all the way til you reach the semi-truck by the overturned burning car, then run all the way back through the gate to the safe spot and go back out again to respawn the bombs. If you're in an instance with several people, you may find that the countdown clock glitches and starts counting down from 3 minutes, as if the boss (big purple thing shooting missiles) has been killed (this didn't happen during the event when you could play alone). If this happens, simply make your way to the pillar of light. Once your score is displayed on the screen, press start and exit the game so that you can begin all over again without having to leave and reload the space. Your points will be saved, don't worry.

 

If the countdown clock doesn't glitch, then just grind on the bombs for around 18 minutes, kill the boss, and go to the pillar of light. If it does, you'll still be gaining points faster by going through the level multiple times and killing the bombs than you would grinding at the stairs. Remember, you need to only be using a fully charged beam attack (it's better if you use level 1 or 2 sword as the level 3 energy wave will just mess things up) to get the maximum points. Also want to note that as other players come through this section they may drag the bombs toward them or even set them off, which is another reason why you'll probably just have to do quick runs through the level. You should see a big difference though by doing this.

 

One last tip: the more times you have cleared the game the better. Each time you clear the game entirely, you will find additional enemies appearing in the levels. This means more points for you. When I was grinding, I had three clears and was only making around 45,000 points without a boost drink. After my 4th clear, I was getting around 75,000 points and the highest I ever reached was just over 170,000 points in 20 minutes with a boost drink. Yeah you read that right, 170k in 20 minutes! And it's possible to make even more than that, but I imagine you'll need to have cleared the game at least 10 times if the leaderboard is any indication.

 

Anyway, I may have upset a few people by posting this information. The way I see things though, if you're willing to put in the time and effort it takes to grind for the points, then you have earned the rewards. Regardless of the fact the event officially ended. :smileywink:

Message 28 of 33 (183 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/17/2012
Online
3706 posts
 

Re: Granzella - The Kikai Machine Empire Best Way To Grind / Get Points And Rank Up

Aug 15, 2013

 


McJorneil wrote:

XenonMazi wrote:

I think it's kind of unfair that those who KNOW or have a good strategy don't share it with other people who're looking for advice. If you reached your goal on the leaderboards, why not help out someone who's simply asking? I'm just saying.

 

Anyway, I dug up this thread cuz I didn't feel like making another one when this one perfectly describes what I was going to ask anyway. Getting back on topic, what are the best strategies on racking up points? What combinations or armor or battlesuit works best? Which weapons work best? I already know about the old soda machines and those are awesome. But obviously that's only for a limited time and only once every 24 hours. If I had a better strategy than what I have now, I'd happily share it. The onl thing I'm doing is UFO Front over and over and over and over, with little results. I'm barely ranked 271 right now and I'm sure I might be lower since there's people constantly BATTLING.

 

I don't understand why people call it "grinding". Lol


Well for starters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grinding_(video_gaming) :smileyhappy:

 

The best weapon to use for grinding is the beam katana. What you want to do is hold square down for a full charge attack and kill enemies with it. You'll make more points this way than by just hacking and slashing your way through them. Armor doesn't matter. The best place to grind would be the Government Office level, but you're probably going to find it to be a very laggy, unstable mess compared to when the event was still taking place.

 

What this means is the method of grinding that worked here prior to the event's end will no longer work as well as it used to. Unless you can somehow get an empty and more stable instance. Anyway, when you're there you'll probably see a bunch of people running up and down the stairs killing the four gunners over and over with a fully charged beam sword. You don't want to do this. It's simply a waste of time.

 

Instead, you should work your way to the section where all the bombs are located and take them out with a full charge when they're grouped together. Do this all the way til you reach the semi-truck by the overturned burning car, then run all the way back through the gate to the safe spot and go back out again to respawn the bombs. If you're in an instance with several people, you may find that the countdown clock glitches and starts counting down from 3 minutes, as if the boss (big purple thing shooting missiles) has been killed (this didn't happen during the event when you could play alone). If this happens, simply make your way to the pillar of light. Once your score is displayed on the screen, press start and exit the game so that you can begin all over again without having to leave and reload the space.

 

If the countdown clock doesn't glitch, then just grind on the bombs for around 18 minutes, kill the boss, and go to the pillar of light. If it does, you'll still be gaining points faster by going through the level multiple times and killing the bombs than you would grinding at the stairs. Remember, you need to only be using a fully charged beam attack (it's better if you use level 1 or 2 sword as the level 3 energy wave will just mess things up) to get the maximum points. Also want to note that as other players come through this section they may drag the bombs toward them or even set them off, which is another reason why you'll probably just have to do quick runs through the level. You should see a big difference though by doing this.

 

One last tip: the more times you have cleared the game the better. Each time you clear the game entirely, you will find additional enemies appearing in the levels. This means more points for you. When I was grinding, I had three clears and was only making around 45,000 points without a boost drink. After my 4th clear, I was getting around 75,000 points and the highest I ever reached was just over 170,000 points in 20 minutes with a boost drink. Yeah you read that right, 170k in 20 minutes! And it's possible to make even more than that, but I imagine you'll need to have cleared the game at least 10 times if the leaderboard is any indication.

 

Anyway, I may have upset a few people by posting this information. The way I see things though, if you're willing to put in the time and effort it takes to grind for the points, then you have earned the rewards. Regardless of the fact the event officially ended. :smileywink:


This would have been helpful when the event first started, now your just giving tips to people who are still grinding at servers that were supposed to get shut down a week ago  LOL

Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 29 of 33 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/20/2008
Offline
376 posts
 

Re: Granzella - The Kikai Machine Empire Best Way To Grind / Get Points And Rank Up

Aug 15, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

 

This would have been helpful when the event first started, now your just giving tips to people who are still grinding at servers that were supposed to get shut down a week ago  LOL

I should point out that the method with the bombs is something I learned during the final week of the event, and I had to ask around through PM. Not going to give out any names but they were very helpful. I didn't even know pressing start and exit at the pillar of light saved your points until after the event ended. Posting major info like this while people were fighting like crazy to maintain their rank would have just been chaos for everyone. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 30 of 33 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes