Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: [Granzella] Setsubun2013 : Ogre Extermination

Jan 29, 2013
^ There's so much content being out through the QA process that fun stuff like this gets put on the back burner....in the NA region at least
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 196 (395 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29040 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Rather disappointing though to see that we have to wait an extra week for the event, I would like to know why that is or whose blocking it.

Same here, I am obviously outraged by this, but I think this makes it pretty clear that it is SCEA/ NA home team causing the delay. I am 99.9% positive now. 

It's already been stated that the Dev's control their own content release.

Just look at the Atom Republic release last week. They were expecting a ton of stuff to come out and it didnt make the cut. That's happened numerous times where developers were expecting something to come out only to find their content wasn't released. I would say the SCEA QA has the final say when it comes to what we get a particular week and that is out of the dev's control.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 196 (370 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1897 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Rather disappointing though to see that we have to wait an extra week for the event, I would like to know why that is or whose blocking it.

Same here, I am obviously outraged by this, but I think this makes it pretty clear that it is SCEA/ NA home team causing the delay. I am 99.9% positive now. 

Just look at the Atom Republic release last week. They were expecting a ton of stuff to come out and it didnt make the cut. That's happened numerous times where developers were expecting something to come out only to find their content wasn't released. I would say the SCEA QA has the final say when it comes to what we get a particular week and that is out of the dev's control.

Well, the main reason for the atom republic items being held back was because they were said to have a few bugs.

It's good to know Playstation Home managment does QA to ensure "most" of our items function correctly.
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 196 (363 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29040 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

That's happened to numerous developers and perhaps it's bugs but developers are usually told by QC in advance that their content is coming this week. Of course last minute issues can delay it but overall it's QA that decides when something releases and not the developers ultimately.

One only has to look and see how inaccurate the blog publishes have been the last few months and even with a Wednesday Blog roll out the information is still subject to change.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 196 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Re: [Granville] Setsubun2013 : Ogre Extermination

Jan 29, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Somnambulism wrote:

Japan Home would be a wasteland if it wasn't for Peakvox, Granzella, or RIME (at the time) that kept it up. Also, you're very much right. Prices in Japan aren't cheap, this is coming from us who have AN prices that are raising as well. 

Events will always be the best in Japan, though I think my days of spending yen are over there.

You need to add Will Co. (GAW) to the list.

Depends on what you buy. Granzella tends to overpriced anyway.

Actually the US Dollar is at a high in JP.

$1.00 = 90.57 Yen. Most people make the comparison of a 100 Yen item to something we pay $0.99 cents for.

Using that logic, you'll pay $1.10 per 100 Yen, an $0.11 difference.

The costly part is buying Yen cards because of the mark up, which adds less bang to your buck.

Unless you can exchange cards with a Japanese NA user, the best deal going right now is $41.99 for 3000 Yen at Japan Codes.

I definitely agree with you Savage, Gaw is one of my favorite places and I like that Granzella, Peakvox and Gaw have collaborative events where you can earn limited time awesome rewards.  Some of my other favorite spaces in JP that do not require you to purchase anything to earn rewards and have good events too is *Shoei KIngdom and The Oshaberri Farm*.  These are very fun community based spaces that bring people together to help each other, something we are seriously lacking in NA. 

I will NEVER give up JP no matter what they bring to NA!!  Their community is an actual community and everyone is treated with respect and kindness, the bonds with that community have created can never be replaced.

Neither will I, Tsunade. I , too, love the company collaberations and rewards that will never make it state side.  i have rarely encounter negativity in the Japanese community, unlike the trolling found in Europe and America, day in and day out. It makes one numb or cold when reading these forums and servers.

Colour is the key. The eye is the hammer. The soul is the piano with its many chords. The artist is the hand that, by touching this or that key, sets the soul vibrating automatically. - Wassily Kandinsky

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 196 (343 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3152 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I think I would be happier in the long run to not even try for the top leaderboard items.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 196 (321 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29040 posts

Jan 29, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

I think I would be happier in the long run to not even try for the top leaderboard items.

So happy I don't feel the need to get everything. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 196 (317 Views)
Gaming Beast
1439 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Exactly Joanna, plus there have also been quite a few times where Ndreams content has been delayed and Joey himself said it was out of Ndreams hands. 

Who stated that dev's control their own releases? The NA home team, not the devs...

Also, the fact that they had to put a note saying the event might be delayed longer then a week for NA only, pretty much proves it's not GZ's decision. Why would they do something that stupid? I don't think any dev would purposely delay content for an indeterminate amount of time.

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 196 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

Played a bit in Japan.

Blues are weak. They have little HP and don't do much damage. They're about as strong as the umbrellas they replaced. Red ones seem to be the same as the original. They're strong and will quickly kill you. Unlike before, there's multiple reds. At least 4. The gold ones are reskinned cyclopses, they're the exact same.

The blue ones have unique attacks. They jump in the air and try to land on you and swing their club down. This makes much more aggressive than the umbrellas. The game is definitely tougher than before.

Oh and the ogre club is 250 Yen, so expect $2.50 here.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 196 (260 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4992 posts

Jan 30, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

Played a bit in Japan.

Blues are weak. They have little HP and don't do much damage. They're about as strong as the umbrellas they replaced. Red ones seem to be the same as the original. They're strong and will quickly kill you. Unlike before, there's multiple reds. At least 3. The gold ones are reskinned cyclopses, they're the exact same.

The blue ones have unique attacks. They jump in the air and try to land on you and swing their club down. This makes much more aggressive than the umbrellas. The game is definitely tougher than before.

Oh and the ogre club is 250 Yen, so expect $2.50 here.

We didn't get this event... And the event is a Limited time only... So by the time it was to hit here... It be over with... Oh Well!

PS4 is out... And there is NO Playstation HOME on PS4... Shame Sony!!!
-
DCS 5yrs Playstation Home Anniversary (Feb 2009 - Feb 2014)
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 196 (254 Views)
0 Likes