Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2726 posts

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

Jan 8, 2013

Well, the girl has been and gone and still I search for that last shellfish. Thats almost 3 weeks now looking for the same one.

Now that we know the shellfish can be found by digging its nice to know we dont have to rely on the girl for 2-in-1s but I was hoping she would finish my collection for me.

Oh well, dig dig dig I guess :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 761 of 828 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2726 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Well, on the 14th March 2012 I did my first dig on the island, and had my first clod of dirt appraised which turned out to be the head of a trilobite.

Almost 10 months later, and 175 fossils later, yesterday on 10th January 2013 I found my last fossil, the shellfish Swiftopecten Swiftii.

I did let out a little 'yay' when I saw it get appraised, but immediately followed by an 'awww' knowing its all over. I've really enjoyed my digs on the Island so will miss it a little, but will still return to do a few more I expect just for fun.

I love the Island (I think it helps my pine for the loss of 'Lost') so will certainly continue to enjoy the space and its underwater swimming feature.

Please use plain text.
Message 762 of 828 (294 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29068 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Well, on the 14th March 2012 I did my first dig on the island, and had my first clod of dirt appraised which turned out to be the head of a trilobite.

Almost 10 months later, and 175 fossils later, yesterday on 10th January 2013 I found my last fossil, the shellfish Swiftopecten Swiftii.

I did let out a little 'yay' when I saw it get appraised, but immediately followed by an 'awww' knowing its all over. I've really enjoyed my digs on the Island so will miss it a little, but will still return to do a few more I expect just for fun.

I love the Island (I think it helps my pine for the loss of 'Lost') so will certainly continue to enjoy the space and its underwater swimming feature.

Congratulations Mermaid. If anyone deserves to finish, after all the work you've done on this guide, it's certainly you! I'm so happy you've found it.  Now will Kujo add to the museum over time? I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 763 of 828 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2726 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
Congratulations Mermaid. If anyone deserves to finish, after all the work you've done on this guide, it's certainly you! I'm so happy you're found it.  Now will Kujo add to the museum over time? I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

:smileyhappy:

Thankyou Jo, its nice to finish it but I will miss doing my digs. I'd like to see some new fossils, especially some more dinosaurs but I guess we'll have to see what happens. Now we need Neon to hurry up and arrive for our new Granzella project :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 764 of 828 (266 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 5, 2013
I believe I am finaly done. 03/14/12 was my first and I got number 175 (Irish Elk Head) today 02/04/13. My question now is did I miss any because there was no notice that I had found them all. Or perhaps there is no notice just the three dig sites being highlighted is enough notice. Anyone else told they had found them all?
Please use plain text.
Message 765 of 828 (216 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29068 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Laughing_Man_01 wrote:
I believe I am finaly done. 03/14/12 was my first and I got number 175 (Irish Elk Head) today 02/04/13. My question now is did I miss any because there was no notice that I had found them all. Or perhaps there is no notice just the three dig sites being highlighted is enough notice. Anyone else told they had found them all?

Sounds like you're done if you are getting the message you've found all the fossils in all three dig sites.

Please use plain text.
Message 766 of 828 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2726 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Laughing_Man_01 wrote:

Well done, and congratulations for completing your museum :smileyhappy:

Similar to me, it took you almost a year to collect them all and whilst your probably relieved to complete it I bet you'll miss the routine a little bit.

I still go back to the Island quite a lot, for the odd dig and the underwater swim, but it also helps my pineing for Lost, I just wish there was a hatch there.

Please use plain text.
Message 767 of 828 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1721 posts

Feb 7, 2013

I have been slacking in my fossil digging.  I had about 100 saved up from the last month and decided since it was the 7th last night and the girl was there I would give it a go to see if I could find the last 2 fossils for my collection.  On my 3 fossil checked I managed to get a shell fish that I was missing and thought I only needed 1 more to finish.  I went through all of my clods and unfortunately I did not get the last one.  I went to my museum to see which one was missing and it turns out I had finished the shell fish collection but I still need the   Anomalocaris Fragment II.  I always figured it would be the shell fish holding me back but that is not the case.  Hopefully I can drag myself bag to digging more often now that I have 1 to go.

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Please use plain text.
Message 768 of 828 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
228 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

This is a GREAT review I wish I had found much sooner.

I think I have fund an additional tool to improve rareness of fossils collected, but this is just a gut feel - I have no proof. The secret is Granzella clothes!

Initially, after purchasing the Fossil Museum, the store in the museum offers three items for sale: Triceratops Fossil Hat (Male), Triceratops Fossi Hat (Female), and Pteradon's Got You! 4 Piece T-shirt Set.  Each is rated at 3 stars of ancientness.  Wearing your gender-appropriate hat and t-shirt gets you 6 stars of ancientness.  Again, while no proof, I thought I was getting rarer fossils wearing these (already having all tags and legendary tools).

My next discovery was on New Years day (I don't know when Granzella offered them for sale originally).  The Male bundle "Hakima with Crest, Folding Fan 3-piece set" offers 3 start of luckiness for whichever color you choose, and one star of luckiness for the fan. Similarly for females, the "Kotobuki Kimono 29-piece Set" offers three stars of luckiness.

I *think* my best clothes for fossil mining is the triceratops fossil hat, Horri Hakama with crest, and fan (three stars of ancientness, four stars of luckiness). 

I would :heart: to know if anyone can corrobate or refute my theory that clothes you wear affect fossil mining.

Thanks.

<edit to fix typo>

Home spaces in heavy rotation (where you're most likely to find me): Southern Island Hideaway (1 treasure left to find), Acorn Park, Serenity Plaza, Aurora, Pottermore (all public spaces and Hufflepuff Common Room. I am always willing to do trivia on the Hogwarts Express), Peakvox Labs, and Sodium spaces.
Please use plain text.
Message 769 of 828 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2726 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Thankyou for your comments and I'm pleased your finding the guide useful, and I hope it helps you complete your museum.

For the rarity bonus when wearing Granzella clothes I personaly found it almost impossible to tell if it made a difference or not. Everytime I thought 'oh, this was a good dig' when wearing Granzella clothes, the following day it would cancel out by finding trash or low value fossils.

Items that have an effect on rarity are in the description with a star rating (ie good luck charms, legendary tools), although that doesn't necessarily mean there arent hidden advantages to other items.

I also wondered if wearing Granzella clothes helped in getting 2-in-1 fossils, especially from the girl (for the record, the guy didn't give me one 2-in-1 fossil ever during all my digs), so I tried with and without Granzella clothes, and again, I could not determine if it made a difference or not.

The same also applied to digging at day or night.

My opinion at the end of this is, if it works for you, keep doing it! Stay determined and you will complete your museum. It does take time, but as I said right at the beginning of this guide, enjoy the journey, mines completed now, but I do miss my search for new fossils.

Good luck and have fun :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 770 of 828 (121 Views)