Sep 09 2013
By: Disneynut Lombax Warrior 176 posts

Glowing Fans Question

5 replies 224 views Edited Sep 9, 2013

I purchased the Granzella Glowing Fans and for some reason the only space that shows the different colors coming off the fans (sparkles) is the Great Edo of Nippon. I've tried other dark spaces and it just glows, no sparkles. Any idea why this wont show the sparkles in other spaces? IMHO, it should show in all spaces not just Great Edo.

Message 1 of 6 (224 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5405 posts

Re: Glowing Fans Question

Sep 9, 2013

It's a special effect purely for the Bon Festival event in Edo, so yeah they only work in that space unfortunately. I'm not sure why they never made it so they would do that in every space, but I know that it's something to do with the space itself that makes it happen.

It makes it all the more special though :smileyhappy:

I'm getting so horked up.

Legendary_Vicki's Sig

Message 2 of 6 (217 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3169 posts

Sep 9, 2013

:^/ That's a good question. I know that Inventory items, (locomotions, companions, etc.) have limited RAM they're allowed to work in, and cannot exceed that. Spaces also have allocations of RAM that they are allowed to use. Most of that is used for the 3D models, but it can also be used for software. Each developer decides how to use it, within the limit.

Well, I suspect that the current version of Edo has the sparkle effect built into the space, as a way around the RAM limits for locomotion items. It's actually a very clever way to make a locomotion do more, but of course the bonus part only works in that space. It's a shame, but understandable.

Message 3 of 6 (206 Views)
Fender Bender
2333 posts

Sep 9, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

:^/ That's a good question. I know that Inventory items, (locomotions, companions, etc.) have limited RAM they're allowed to work in, and cannot exceed that. Spaces also have allocations of RAM that they are allowed to use. Most of that is used for the 3D models, but it can also be used for software. Each developer decides how to use it, within the limit.

Well, I suspect that the current version of Edo has the sparkle effect built into the space, as a way around the RAM limits for locomotion items. It's actually a very clever way to make a locomotion do more, but of course the bonus part only works in that space. It's a shame, but understandable.

WOW! You have a way to take out the magic! I love it thou :catlol:

Keep 'em comming. very insightfull post

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 4 of 6 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9493 posts

Sep 10, 2013
i agree i was hoping the sparkle was for every space. its interesting the way this was done because most particle effects coming from locomotions are only visible to those wearing them. (e3 hoverdeck music notes, jug hoverdisc rainbow and board trail effects, skateboard sparks, etc. as examples) so if they did add the sparkles to a LMO the owner would possibly be the only one to see them. And sorry to correct you D_D but these are actually hand item fans not LMOs so memory is probably the reason. Hand items have limitations and probably couldnt generate the effect as well...
Support Forums
Message 5 of 6 (136 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3169 posts

Sep 10, 2013

smokingpistol smartedpolitely:
i agree i was hoping the sparkle was for every space. its interesting the way this was done because most particle effects coming from locomotions are only visible to those wearing them. (e3 hoverdeck music notes, jug hoverdisc rainbow and board trail effects, skateboard sparks, etc. as examples) so if they did add the sparkles to a LMO the owner would possibly be the only one to see them. And sorry to correct you D_D but these are actually hand item fans not LMOs so memory is probably the reason. Hand items have limitations and probably couldnt generate the effect as well...

;^) Thanks for the clarification, Pistol. I had not known they were simple hand items. Of course, the same logic applies. Hand items do not have animation data, only their own shape and color. The animation is added by software embedded in the space.

Message 6 of 6 (80 Views)
0 Likes