Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 05 2007
By: blazsox Uncharted Territory 2010 posts

Global high scores in arcade games

10 replies 14 views Edited Jun 5, 2007
I feel to add more of a community touch, at least in the Game Room, is to have the high scores played on the Arcade games saved (basically I am wanting leaderboards). Maybe this has been announced, I dont know. What do you guys think?
PSN: blazsox
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

Re: Global high scores in arcade games

Jun 5, 2007

gamer4432 wrote:
I feel to add more of a community touch, at least in the Game Room, is to have the high scores played on the Arcade games saved (basically I am wanting leaderboards). Maybe this has been announced, I dont know. What do you guys think?

How about both personal and global? I think, which you probably implied, that would be the best setup.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Jun 5, 2007
I think it's a great idea. Yet another way to influence friendly competition, which I'm in favor for. People will strive to beat the scores of others, practice to get better, and spend more time on Home and the beta. With more people eager to succeed in arcade games, there will be more people in the beta, most likely making it more fun. Global scores would be a cool benefit for everyone
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Jun 5, 2007

Shnozzle wrote:
I think it's a great idea. Yet another way to influence friendly competition, which I'm in favor for. People will strive to beat the scores of others, practice to get better, and spend more time on Home and the beta. With more people eager to succeed in arcade games, there will be more people in the beta, most likely making it more fun. Global scores would be a cool benefit for everyone

there could be giant leaderboards posted on the walls in the arcade room for public viewing... 
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6720 posts

Jun 5, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2512 posts

Jun 5, 2007
What if there were multiplayer arcade games? That could be interesting.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Jun 5, 2007
you know what was odd, i was in home and going to the arcade and some guy was following me, which was odd but yeah i kept going and was walking towards the games looking and was about to go to the helicopter game and he went infront of me lol.. i was like hmmm why?  so i went to the other side and played that one instead lol..
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Jun 5, 2007
this might be before some of you peoples time, but remember playing arcade games when they were great! After goin so far or completeing something you entered in your name for all to view. Should be the same in Home each arcade game should display top 20 high scores and it takes your psn name and puts it  in there.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1589 posts

Jun 5, 2007

ketjr81 wrote:
you know what was odd, i was in home and going to the arcade and some guy was following me, which was odd but yeah i kept going and was walking towards the games looking and was about to go to the helicopter game and he went infront of me lol.. i was like hmmm why?  so i went to the other side and played that one instead lol..

Yeah it can be kind of creepy especially when they don't say anything. It's just weird. I bet as home expands you will run into a lot of weirdos and people just tryining to annoy you.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1589 posts

Jun 5, 2007

CTK*Spongebob wrote:
this might be before some of you peoples time, but remember playing arcade games when they were great! After goin so far or completeing something you entered in your name for all to view. Should be the same in Home each arcade game should display top 20 high scores and it takes your psn name and puts it  in there.

Yeah I think this is a great idea. I think they should have bowling tournaments also. I think they should create bowling leagues.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes