Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5374 posts

Re: Giving Home Another Shot

Nov 3, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

I would just work my way back into it slowly, maybe try some of the games in all three Midways.

Look for what's new as far as lounges and win free prizes.

Buy and apartment and decorate it and share it with the decor club thread.

bob-maul wrote:

The games bore me.

bob-maul wrote:

The minigames never appealed to me.

bob-maul wrote:

And I am not one for microtransactions (I spent maybe $3 two years ago for some clothes

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 45 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Nov 3, 2013

I think what brings people back, is the relationships they've founded on there.

Sure, it can be nice to dress up a pixel avatar; but does that really bring satisfaction? Personally, to me no. That's only something that is temporary, and friendships (even if they're virtual) can last awhile.

Some people are into home games like bowling, pool, arcade machines, and such. There's quite a lot that you can take, and adventure in while on there. Sure, it's very limited due to restrictions and let's face it..this isn't no Second Life, or IMVU. Though, home does have something that keeps it going.

Most recently, I've lost a lot of interest in home. Maybe I burnt out on it, or something. The one thing I still have, even if I'm not getting on there is my friends. Most of us now have moved on to playing games outside of home, and I'm content with that.

As for you, I would just say get on there explore what you've missed. Since purchasing isn't your thing, then there's always free things to do. You don't need to open your wallet, when Sony or third parties come advertising pixel content.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 45 (282 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6124 posts

Nov 3, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

I would just work my way back into it slowly, maybe try some of the games in all three Midways.

Look for what's new as far as lounges and win free prizes.

Buy and apartment and decorate it and share it with the decor club thread.

bob-maul wrote:

The games bore me.

bob-maul wrote:

The minigames never appealed to me.

bob-maul wrote:

And I am not one for microtransactions (I spent maybe $3 two years ago for some clothes

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe since he is giving Home another shot - he is open to try these things listed again with a more open mind,,,

Lets face it, Home is more fun if you spend a little money here and there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 45 (276 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7532 posts

Nov 3, 2013

I'm impressed you're willing to give Home another shot bob and I'd be happy to give you a "grand tour" sometime. I agree with others who mentioned that it's the people that makes or breaks Home for us. I hope you come back for another visit.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 45 (268 Views)
MVP Support
6873 posts

Nov 3, 2013

There are plenty of things that you can do when you're on PlayStation Home, bob-maul. You can befriend other Home users to build social relationships, play the latest mini-games and TGI's in certain public spaces, or you can travel to almost every space and see how you feel about them.

We sometimes have PlayStation Home Forums Meet and Greets and other parties so we can socialize, and sometimes build long-lasting friendships with each other.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 45 (266 Views)
Fender Bender
2964 posts

Nov 3, 2013

I like to go on Home because I like all the cool outfits and costumes. I also like the personal spaces, public spaces, and games they have on there. Plus I have some cool friends I like hanging out with on there too.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 45 (249 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4861 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Woah, Bob!

I thought johngie was kidding when he said you had been on Home. xD Home isn't very much fun if you aren't with friends, you're welcome to join me sometime and can see what we get upto. :smileytongue:

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 45 (231 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Nov 4, 2013
Ive been a Playstation Home users for 8 years it has it's ups & down like Spammers i just put them on Ignore my chat-log doesn't need clogging up hopefully it'll be on PS4 so i can continue using it on my new account
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 45 (195 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1507 posts

Nov 4, 2013

FRIENDS.....:smileywink:

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 45 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Nov 4, 2013

There are probably 100 free rewards floating around, if you're willing to spend some time exploring, including everything in the new Challenges system, which can be won for free.

I've been gravitating toward the games lateley. They've gotten much better over the last few years. Charcoal Champ is free to play and very challenging, Sodium is available to play for free now, and there's a good race game at Great Edo of Nippon. Look for the spider.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 45 (166 Views)