Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
29161 posts

Re: Giving Home Another Shot

Nov 3, 2013

Home is a social program. If you're not into making friends in it you won't like it. It's pretty simple actually. It's not COD or The Last of US. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 45 (273 Views)
Survivor
2521 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

The key to having fun in Home is making friends. It's all about social relationships. Home isn't a game like you'd normally play on the xmb and you don't need to spend money to have fun although it helps. 

There are alot of rude/snobby people on Home that if you try to talk to them they'll completely ignore you.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 45 (269 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29161 posts

Nov 3, 2013

murphdawg1 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

The key to having fun in Home is making friends. It's all about social relationships. Home isn't a game like you'd normally play on the xmb and you don't need to spend money to have fun although it helps. 

There are alot of rude/snobby people on Home that if you try to talk to them they'll completely ignore you.

There are a lot of nice people too. Sorry but I don't have the rude ones on my list. It's simple if you're not social or wanna be Home isn't going to be a lot of fun. It takes effort to meet and make friends. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 45 (264 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12577 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Home is a social program. If you're not into making friends in it you won't like it. It's pretty simple actually. It's not COD or The Last of US. 

Alright. Sounds like I will hit up a social hang out and just talk to people. The minigames never appealed to me. I have met some good people on Home before., but my experience was hit or miss. If I met someone good, the night would be fun. If nobody was up for a chat, it was a drag.

I also remember my friend using a female avatar to gather attention. That was an interesting experience. Not really making friends or anything, but my night was made.

I can see it now. A female avatar with the name "bob-maul" at the top of its head. Yes...that will work.

(I am not doing that, by the by)

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 45 (264 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29161 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Try some of the events mentioned here on the forum. They generally have fun people to be with and get to know. The Blog Party is one of them every Wednesday. 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 45 (261 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25740 posts

Nov 3, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

You misunderstand. I meant turning on music while I am on Home and waiting for an opportune time to start a conversation. 

The best times to start a conversation is when we have a question or answer to share. Or when playing one of Home's minigames that allows us to chat while playing. With that, generally just talk about the game we are both playing. Discuss strategies. From there, we may talk about PS3/PSN games we may have in common.

Don't wait around for a conversation to start. Make it happen yourself.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 45 (259 Views)
PlayStation MVP
12577 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

You misunderstand. I meant turning on music while I am on Home and waiting for an opportune time to start a conversation. 

The best times to start a conversation is when we have a question or answer to share. Or when playing one of Home's minigames that allows us to chat while playing. With that, generally just talk about the game we are both playing. Discuss strategies. From there, we may talk about PS3/PSN games we may have in common.

Don't wait around for a conversation to start. Make it happen yourself.

The games would be the problem. I find them boring. 

I make conversation, but I am just very specific on when to enter one. No butting into a conversation between two people, for example. But some people talking about games? Sure, I may throw an opinion in there. 

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 45 (244 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2733 posts

Nov 3, 2013

;^) As mentioned, Home is more a social program than anything else. The mini-games and themed spaces can serve as ice breakers, giving people something  to talk about.

Also as mentioned, you can meet many worth-while people on Home, and as many who are just looking to stir up trouble. But that's not really a ding on Home per se, that's par for the course on the Internet, actually.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 45 (226 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5769 posts

Nov 3, 2013
NO! GAMES GAMES GAMES! ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAMES! IT ALL STARTED ON GAMES IT WOULD NOT EVEN BE HERE IF IT DID NOT HAVE GAMES AND THE DAY THE GAMES STOP COMING IT WILL END! THEN MYSPACE (or whatever the latest social based website is nowadays) WILL REGAIN ITS THRONE AS LEADER OF SOCIAL NETWORKS!

Jk. They say potato i say games.. To each their own. Its on you to decide which parts of it "you" like best, or least. Plenty of room for coexistence. Pretty sure you could fit in with either crowd just fine, and i hope you find a way to enjoy it as much as i have over the years.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 45 (211 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6124 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Hi Bob-Maul

I think the main draw of Home is chatting with friends in a 3D universe/platform.

I would just work my way back into it slowly, maybe try some of the games in all three Midways.

Look for what's new as far as lounges and win free prizes.

Buy and apartment and decorate it and share it with the decor club thread.

Hope to see you around more.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 45 (177 Views)