Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 03 2013
By: bob-maul PlayStation MVP 13379 posts

Giving Home Another Shot

44 replies 457 views Edited Nov 3, 2013

Hello from the Off-Topics!

So, I have gone on Home a decent amount of time. I was in the beta back in 2008/2009. I even went on recently. But I have a major problem when I go on Home: I have no clue what to do.

The games bore me. The User Interface does not promote constant navigation around other spaces. And I am not one for microtransactions (I spent maybe $3 two years ago for some clothes, so I am not too new looking). 

What do you guys do all the time on it that brings you back? 

Welcoming Committee
Message 1 of 45 (457 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6448 posts

Re: Giving Home Another Shot

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013
Welcome back. I personally like the activities at acorn park lately. But i think its mostly games like texas hold em, on the sports walk space, that keep me coming back to it. Almost everything is going to cost a little money these days, but try it out before you buy in and if you like it invest into it like you would after renting a game or playing the demo. Midway has some fun games too. And free if you don't mind standing around waiting for a free game every 15 minutes.

They are kinda phasing out the games really, its more about looking cool to most people. Will completely understand if you walk away laughing after trying it out for a few days.
Message 2 of 45 (444 Views)
VP of Gaming
26139 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013

My replies are in bold.

bob-maul wrote:

So, I have gone on Home a decent amount of time. I was in the beta back in 2008/2009. I even went on recently. But I have a major problem when I go on Home: I have no clue what to do.

Read the forum. Explore and experiment. Take chances.

The games bore me. The User Interface does not promote constant navigation around other spaces. And I am not one for microtransactions (I spent maybe $3 two years ago for some clothes, so I am not too new looking). 

If you didn't enjoy your experience in Home, maybe it wasn't meant for you. We can't all enjoy the same things. We do not have to spend money in order to enjoy Home.

What do you guys do all the time on it that brings you back? 

I like interacting with real people and sharing with them. I also enjoy helping people who may or may not be new to Home.

I have fun playing Poker, Pool and Bowling. I also play F*U*B*A*R* and Orb Runner every evening. I And launching my online games from Home.

Other people may come to Home every day or night due to circumstances that they cannot control. They may have physical or emotional limitations. Or geographical limitations. For them, Home allows them to be "normal". To walk, dance , take trips to differnt parts of the world (different Home spaces).

Some of our reasons may be similar, some different. But for all of us, it's good to be Home.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 3 of 45 (443 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29222 posts

Nov 3, 2013

The key to having fun in Home is making friends. It's all about social relationships. Home isn't a game like you'd normally play on the xmb and you don't need to spend money to have fun although it helps. 

Message 4 of 45 (437 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13379 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Sounds like the only thing for me is chatting with new people. Guess that is fine and dandy. Maybe just turn go on Pandora and wait for a time to chat. 

Welcoming Committee
Message 5 of 45 (422 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6724 posts

Nov 3, 2013

There are many things you can do.First what types of mini games you like? home has a lot of mini games like bowling,arcade machines among other things.When you enter home try to go to the peakbox ninja space it might catch your interest.If you want to meet people try the bowling  alley space you can meet people while playing at the same time.

Also since you don't have many clothes home recently added a new feature called " home challenges" located in your menu under "social" is like a quest feature that earns you points that you can use unlock clothes,furniture and even personal spaces.

KANE-FIRE

Twitter  Welcoming Committee [INFO] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD WWE 2K15 Game Nights [INFO] WWE2K15 [INFO] Final Fantasy VII [INFO] Resident Evil Revelations 2 [INFO] Resident Evil HD Youtube 

Message 6 of 45 (415 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4501 posts

Nov 3, 2013

places such as the playground and the godfather 2 are really great spaces to hang at, the people there are so nice.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 7 of 45 (409 Views)
Wastelander
624 posts

Nov 3, 2013

The best advice i can give about what to do is by not telling you anything :smileyhappy: By that i mean half the fun of Home is discovering what there is to do and theres TONS of places to have fun. Ok i give lol i'll tell you right now I'm loving Raising Dolphys at  my space and going to Hudson gate and watching the Dolphy races.  Or try Sodium 2 its a BLAST!!  

Message 8 of 45 (408 Views)
VP of Gaming
26139 posts

Nov 3, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Maybe just turn go on Pandora and wait for a time to chat. 

Are you giving Home another shot? What are you looking for here? Just take the plunge and dive deep. Test drive this baby.

Or go to Pandora.

The title says you're going to give Home another try. You asked what keeps us returning Home. But now you'd rather do Pandora and not give Home "another shot"?

Good luck with whatever you decide. Life is all about having fun.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 9 of 45 (402 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13379 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Maybe just turn go on Pandora and wait for a time to chat. 

Are you giving Home another shot? What are you looking for here? Just take the plunge and dive deep. Test drive this baby.

Or go to Pandora.

The title says you're going to give Home another try. You asked what keeps us returning Home. But now you'd rather do Pandora and not give Home "another shot"?

Good luck with whatever you decide. Life is all about having fun.

You misunderstand. I meant turning on music while I am on Home and waiting for an opportune time to start a conversation. 

Welcoming Committee
Message 10 of 45 (396 Views)