Aug 17 2013
By: Blondboy47 Lombax Warrior 213 posts

Gifting a 2nd PS3

[ Edited ]
10 replies 336 views Edited Aug 17, 2013

!Well, didn't this thread die 4 years ago!  LOL

I found this thread because I was actually looking to see if there's a way to do this.

We bought a 2nd PS3 this week and rather than being forced to attach the credit card to the 2nd account, it would be so much easier to do purchases though the main account and "gift" it to the 2nd.

This would actually increase sales to Sony and their vendors, so I don't know why it wasn't implemented.

Unless it has and I just don't see it anywhere.

Thanks for the thread and sorry to revive a dead horse.... maybe we could gift the dead horse to Bramblebrook farms as fertilizer! LOL  :smileylol:

Edit: Updated subject title to reflect current discussion.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1397 posts

Re: Gifting a 2nd PS3

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

Love this idea!!
I'd use this soooo much!!

Lol at PostOffice ♥ thats adorable ^woot^

I think it would boost sales also.
I happen to know there are a lot of generous people in Home.

I support this idea!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
734 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

Blondboy47 wrote:

I found this thread because I was actually looking to see if there's a way to do this.

We bought a 2nd PS3 this week and rather than being forced to attach the credit card to the 2nd account, it would be so much easier to do purchases though the main account and "gift" it to the 2nd.

This would actually increase sales to Sony and their vendors, so I don't know why it wasn't implemented.

Thanks for the thread and sorry to revive a dead horse.... maybe we could gift the dead horse to Bramblebrook farms as fertilizer! LOL  :smileylol:

Yes the lockwood gift machine is exactly what you are looking for. You get the machine for free and simply buy tokens for the machine and use those tokens to purchase giftable items to friends or yourself on a second account. You can find it in the Lockwood Store, Furniture section, Entertainment (Appliances).

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1295 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

GLiTcH2 wrote:

Blondboy47 wrote:

Yes the lockwood gift machine is exactly what you are looking for. You get the machine for free and simply buy tokens for the machine and use those tokens to purchase giftable items to friends or yourself on a second account. You can find it in the Lockwood Store, Furniture section, Entertainment (Appliances).

Or the VeeMee Printer Gift Machine. Both offer items you can gift to others. But it would be nice to be able to gift anything from the store to another user. :smileyhappy: Mur

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (319 Views)
Fender Bender
2215 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

MysticMur wrote:

GLiTcH2 wrote:

Blondboy47 wrote:

Or the VeeMee Printer Gift Machine. Both offer items you can gift to others. But it would be nice to be able to gift anything from the store to another user. :smileyhappy: Mur

Gifting any available item would break the allusion of exclusivity. That seems to be a major sell around Home.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (314 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
247 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

I think its a great idea .. the gift machine is limited .. there are things i'd like to send friends that aren't in there so yes good idea!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1397 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1397 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

Sorry for the empty post...accidently hit the post button while scrolling .

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Aug 17, 2013

Being able to gift any item in the Store to another account would be great, I agree.  The selection in the Lockwood Gift Machine & the 3D Printer is very limited, but I have gifted friends and my own secondary accounts using those mechanisms. As the saying goes, "better than nothing."

BTW, the alternative, of course, to attaching a credit card to an account is to instead buy PSN Cards. I purchase NA PSN codes almost instantly on amazon. Or I can purchase an actual card from my local supermarket, drug store or game store. If I wanted to fund my wallet for an EU, JP or HK PSN account, I could purchase PSN cards for the country that account was registered for online as well. (i know of a site that accepts PayPal, which is a nice & relatively secure way to transact business, plus i'd get a good exchange rate if i chose to purchase based on foreign currency.)

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Thanks for info ya'll about the gift machines.  I wasn't aware of that.

Hosetly, my "gaming" is limited to just wandering around (prone to wandering LOL) and not getting so much into the nitty gritty of it all. 

It's a time constraint thing.

I've been on for quite a while now, but mostly playing 3D games on the console.  On HOME, not so long, actually.

It's only this week that I actually started buying stuff.  I had always had myself convinced that spending real $ on home is stupid.  But, then I realized, it's all about the entertainment dollars.  And I also discovered, that it's actually WAY less expensive to buy virtual stuff on HOME (which you'll never actually own) than going out on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, spending $ on booze.  That's a real waste.

For the few bucks we've spent on home, it's been worth it.

I had just hoped that there was a way to gift my other half the stuff we buy instead of having to set up an account on his PS3.

But meh, we did and it's no biggy.

Hopefully, one day, the powers that be might realize that opening up a full gifting thing will actually make more sales and $, because we would be buying for someone else who maybe can't afford to buy and therefore, would never buy.

Just my thoughts.  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (162 Views)
0 Likes