Fender Bender
2040 posts

Re: where do all the gay gamers hang out in Home?

Jan 29, 2011

Back to question from OP: I've been all over Home public spaces and haven't noticed a place where gay gamers hang out exclusively. I think the previous response that they are everywhere is right.

There have to be some clubs out there for gay gamers though. Go to Options > Clubs > Search Clubs and search there. You can join a maximum of 5 clubs. But that would be a good place to start.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 477 (656 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Jan 29, 2011

julie_love wrote:

Back to question from OP: I've been all over Home public spaces and haven't noticed a place where gay gamers hang out exclusively. I think the previous response that they are everywhere is right.

There have to be some clubs out there for gay gamers though. Go to Options > Clubs > Search Clubs and search there. You can join a maximum of 5 clubs. But that would be a good place to start.

Hey Julie - as the OP said - he has tried a few of the clubs on Home - and most are inactive - or not really active at all.

My only suggestion is - once he meets and makes a few friends on Home - he will find thru contact with those friends other GLBT people.

Just be careful who you make friends with - as some people are notorious for causing problems/issues.  Of course - this goes for str8 as well as gay.

Don't hesitate to use the delete function if you don't feel comfortable with some people.

JPConway

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 477 (509 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Jan 30, 2011

why was everyone beating around the bush of the question? it wasn't whether you think he'd get gay bashed online or whether he thinks he matters what their sexuality is.

personally, I see a lot of "lesbians" on home and haven't seen all too many gay guys. And while it should be about "gaming" playstation home has moved passed "just being a game". when you have real people on the other side of the screen interacting, sharing opinions and all that... it's not longer a game but is what it is -- a virtual world.

after all, you're not GAMING when you're hanging out in Singstar or Motor Storm Carrier or whatever other clubs there are that I, mostly likely, haven't seen yet. Ever think maybe he's tired of seeing guys running around hitting on chicks at every turn? Maybe he wants to be able to hang out in a place filled with people like him without having to worry about gay bashers -- since you folks think there's so many on home. Take all of your points and make it a benefit towards helping him out.

I'm bi-sexual. I don't care what anyone thinks about it because I have tons of friends on home and irl who don't mind at all. And, being someone talks to gays on a regular basis (irl), there is a difference between spending time with them and spending time with straight folks. And who's to say he's not just wondering? Not casting out whoever isn't gay but wondering if someone simply knows of a place...

My friend, as long as you're mature, respectful and well-rounded, I'd be happy to be your friend.

Monkey_Ballistix // Nihil_Monkey

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 477 (509 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 30, 2011

Accidental-Donut wrote:

Just ask GW and LS where they hang out

R.I.P EA Sports Complex 04/23/2009 - 09/13/2010

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 477 (509 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 30, 2011

Anyways, my best friend on home is gay. I met him in the Godfather2 space. I also know a few other gay guys that go there. But be careful as you go to that particular space- people can get nasy and spiteful there.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 477 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Jan 30, 2011

also in response to my previous post i made a very poor choice of a username for psn that ive called sony and tried to see about being granted a name change *HEAVEN FORBID*  and was told blankly NO sorry which is dumb but if i make a new account i lose all 420 trophies i have

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 477 (509 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 30, 2011

I'm a girl and i shocked from some gamer who think that i'm a boy

Neh,Boyz are just bored ^_^

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 477 (509 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 22, 2011

I thought the same thing when I joined Home recently.... It would be nice to connect with others of similar interests (besides the fact that we're all nerds and can't seem to get off of our Playstations  =D).

I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore gamer... I try to play games that peak my interest (Final Fantasy and Resident Evil are the only games I have... don't judge, I just bought a PS3 after being console-less for a few years) but would eventually like to play those games online with friends I meet through Home.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 477 (509 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3512 posts

Feb 22, 2011

I dont know about Gay JP ..But you sure are good at DCUO...Is it because of those tight costumes?..lol..I know I look pretty good in tights..I was just wondering..hahah...I have to admit..I went out with a tranny one time ..I had no idea she,I mean he was a....well..a tranny..Quit laughing JP..She had pretty hair and a pretty smile and teeth...

JPConway wrote:

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

surely theres gotta be some.. Ive tried joining a few clubs but theyre not very active (more like not active at all, they should have a date of last activity on a club befor eyou apply so you can guess how often if it all its used). I see guy flirtin with  girls all the time on Home never once seen 2 guys or 2 girls though and I seriously doubt the entire populace of Home is straight sooo what spaces (if any) so the gay/bi guys (or girls) primarily hang out at? (too bad Home isnt more like Second Life)... and since were on the subject if any gay gamers visit these boards my psn is DuoMaxwell007

We "gaymers" are everywhere within Home.  It all depends on what space you enjoy the most really - at least to me. 

JPConway

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 477 (509 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 22, 2011

Well I don't know about the others but me and another gay friend we like to hang out at the mall and for some reason a lot of dudes follow us there u_u its get a little hectic cause my friend has crappy internet connection and they basically crash his ps3 ...so my best bet would be the Mall? oh and btw if anyone wants to add me please feel free my psn is to the left :3!

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 477 (509 Views)
0 Likes