Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 27 2013
By: Devyn93 Splicer 41 posts
Accepted Solution

Gay gamers on home and video games.

481 replies 3253 views Edited Jul 27, 2013
This is not to offend anyone straight. But I would like to have gay friends to play games with. I know there's already been a post about this. But, I'm a gaymer. And would love to meet guys that game and are gay aswell. I'm 19 btw. Ha js. Add me is you'd like to be friends Devyn93
Message 259 of 482 (3,253 Views)
Sackboy
456 posts

where do all the gay gamers hang out in Home?

Jan 24, 2011

surely theres gotta be some.. Ive tried joining a few clubs but theyre not very active (more like not active at all, they should have a date of last activity on a club befor eyou apply so you can guess how often if it all its used). I see guy flirtin with  girls all the time on Home never once seen 2 guys or 2 girls though and I seriously doubt the entire populace of Home is straight sooo what spaces (if any) so the gay/bi guys (or girls) primarily hang out at? (too bad Home isnt more like Second Life)... and since were on the subject if any gay gamers visit these boards my psn is DuoMaxwell007

Message 1 of 482 (6,887 Views)
Survivor
2284 posts

Re: where do all the gay gamers hang out in Home?

Jan 24, 2011

You may be putting yourself in danger asking that question in public spaces in Home.  There are far too many 'haters' out there just looking for people to attack.  And if anyone answers your question with specific location names, it just makes that location a target for gangs of haters.   Also, be aware that although, as you pointed out, there are many avatars in Home that may or not be the same gender as their creator, you will discover in my article on "7 Reasons for Crossing Dressing in Home" (www.hsmagazine.net - Issue 1), there are a lot of people cross-dressing who are not gay.   A few gays thanked me for that article and added comments to it.  If they are brave enough to give their avatar IDs in the magazine, they might be willing to help you if you send them a private message.

Message 2 of 482 (6,886 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Jan 24, 2011

That's the great thing about Home. We all inter-mingle and find gaming friends no matter of sexual orientation. It's PSN games we like, not each other. You will see little kids chasing girl "avatars", etc., but that's not what Home is for. It's all about gaming. 

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

surely theres gotta be some.. Ive tried joining a few clubs but theyre not very active (more like not active at all, they should have a date of last activity on a club befor eyou apply so you can guess how often if it all its used). I see guy flirtin with  girls all the time on Home never once seen 2 guys or 2 girls though and I seriously doubt the entire populace of Home is straight sooo what spaces (if any) so the gay/bi guys (or girls) primarily hang out at? (too bad Home isnt more like Second Life)... and since were on the subject if any gay gamers visit these boards my psn is DuoMaxwell007

Message 3 of 482 (6,886 Views)
Sackboy
456 posts

Jan 24, 2011

heh well ive been online long enough to know that its safe to assume that 100% all female avatars are males in real life until they can prove otherwise lol, as for haters and asking in public.. well thats why i dont ask in public (otherwise i wouldnt post on teh forum lol) i mean for example if someone told me all the gays hung out Sodium Im not gonna go to every guy there asking if theyre gay lol Ill just walk around look and observe If i see a conversation going on that might give hints (or questionable activity that might give hints) then Ill make my move.. subtly of course.

yes Home is about gaming but that doesnt mean you cant ook to game with ppl with similar other likes... for example playing a FPS is about gaming too but they have all female clans right?, so what would be wrong with looking for other gay gamers to game with? lol its not like Id be looking for an online/virtual boyfriend or something now THAT would be just ummm.. dumb lol

Message 4 of 482 (6,886 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Jan 24, 2011

I'm sure a lot of gay folks keep it hushed in Home.  I would.  You get enough grief on home just for being a human being, let alone one with a facet that certain groups don't seem to be able to deal with in a civil manner.  My guess is that they're evenly distributed across all spaces, just like anyone else, and more or less keeping to themselves until they get a hint that there's someone they can be open with.

If you're not dropping subtle hints yourself, then try it.  (You guys should have a secret handshake or something.)  If that's not working... well, maybe you need to be more fun to talk to.    Same orientation may not be enough by itself, if you want to make a connection.

Message 5 of 482 (6,886 Views)
Wastelander
751 posts

Jan 24, 2011

I mean its not like we get on and announce it to everyone lol. But yes, I'm a "Gay gamer".

Message 6 of 482 (6,886 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

Jan 25, 2011

Most gay guys are cool in my book, screw all you gay bashers!

Call Of Duty: Black Ops FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy May Dixon 10~4~10
My Loving Dog

Join the Helghast Army today!
Message 7 of 482 (6,886 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Jan 25, 2011

What's with the thread title? Does the sexuality really matter when it comes down to gaming? Lol.

Message 8 of 482 (6,886 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

Jan 25, 2011

no

Call Of Duty: Black Ops FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy May Dixon 10~4~10
My Loving Dog

Join the Helghast Army today!
Message 9 of 482 (6,886 Views)
0 Likes