Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 20 2013
By: CMCSAVAGE Treasure Hunter 5583 posts

Game Mechanics: Start/Finish Gate

[ Edited ]
25 replies 595 views Edited May 20, 2013

You want to race locomotions? Wed we're releasing a Start/Finish Gate. Time to turn your space into a race track.

Capture55.JPG

gm

Message 1 of 26 (595 Views)
Fender Bender
2226 posts

Re: Game Mechanics: Start/Finish Gate

May 20, 2013

Very cool idea, but the space is gonna have to be a big one for this to be any fun. I have a few large spaces i couldd use this in.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 2 of 26 (581 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

May 20, 2013
It's cool but how would it work?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 3 of 26 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

May 20, 2013

thelegendaryD wrote:
It's cool but how would it work?

I don't know, but I do know I'm going to find out first hand - On your mark, get set.... GO!!!!

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 4 of 26 (517 Views)
Wastelander
427 posts

May 20, 2013

I guess until they release a racing space, I will say Blueprint : Home  where you can customize the place could be the best bet so far.

I made a maze race track already & it's fun !

Message 5 of 26 (506 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

May 21, 2013
Looks like actives.

Hopefully not.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 6 of 26 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

chicagotops wrote:
Looks like actives.

Hopefully not.

Active item would not only be good, but I suspect necessary.  

The question I have is will it be able to track everyone in the race, or just who ever crosses the finish line first?  

Ideally it would be nice if its treated like a game, where everyone clicks on it to "join a race", and then tracks everyone separately so they each get their own lap times, as well as displaying who the winner is.

I'm really excited to see how it works that's for sure.

Now if only our Home team would finally allow us to save multiple layouts of our spaces so we can create multiple tracks without wiping out our regular layouts, as trying to redecorate spaces every single time simply isn't worth the time it takes.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 7 of 26 (465 Views)
Game Mechanics Developer
189 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

chicagotops wrote:
Looks like actives.

Hopefully not.

Active item would not only be good, but I suspect necessary.  

The question I have is will it be able to track everyone in the race, or just who ever crosses the finish line first?  

Ideally it would be nice if its treated like a game, where everyone clicks on it to "join a race", and then tracks everyone separately so they each get their own lap times, as well as displaying who the winner is.

I'm really excited to see how it works that's for sure.

Now if only our Home team would finally allow us to save multiple layouts of our spaces so we can create multiple tracks without wiping out our regular layouts, as trying to redecorate spaces every single time simply isn't worth the time it takes.

You are correct that all items that have code in them are Active. Non-active items are frozen except for animated textures (as in sparkles or falling leaves).

This item uses 3 slots.

You need one gate per racer running at the same time. When you set up a gate, it is locked onto you. Each person needs to run through their gate to start the clock. Once you finish, it will display your time until the next player sets up to use the gate.

The nice thing is that since you are not actually in a game while racing, you car use your locomotion. So now you can finally answer the question - Which is faster? Go-Karts or motorcycles?

Message 8 of 26 (426 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013
Gz soccer run outruns all.

O yea. 3 slots is awesome.
U guys know da deal when it comes to actives.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 9 of 26 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
882 posts

May 21, 2013
What a great idea! The giant white room in the Dr. Who space would be great for this. This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. :smileyvery-happy:
Message 10 of 26 (355 Views)