Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
1840 posts

Re: Game Mechanics Speaks

Oct 22, 2013

I'm glad their numbers are good! Now if it can reminds a couple whinner exactly what they are...

I didn't bought it and yes price was among the reason why. I'm just not a personal space guy so spending $20 on one does'nt make much sense for ME. That said it's fairly price for what you get... If it's you're kind of thing.

About the day/night cycle. I dould'nt care less about it. Dev have to work with limited memory and lighting requires a lot of it as well as a lot of work. Give me details and quality over trinkets I'll rarely use. 

Same goes for swimming.  Something you use a few minutes when you get the space and that's about it. Waste of memory.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 31 of 45 (258 Views)
Fender Bender
2502 posts

Oct 22, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

My point: Some developers only listen to those who open their wallets...and turn a deaf ear to those who think things could be done better...or differently. 

Maybe Im wrong....am I?  What do you think?

Personally, I think that this is exactly how it should be.
Any business is going to cater to their paying customers first and everyone else second, if at all.  If they have enough buyers who are satisfied with their product, then why should they care what anyone else thinks?
To be clear, I didn't buy SeaClyff and would never spend $20 on a virtual apartment.  I can offer my rationale for that decision but Game Machanics has no motivation to care if their product is successful.  I say, congrats to them.  No hard feelings on my end.

castle3
Message 32 of 45 (255 Views)
I Only Post Everything
529 posts

Oct 22, 2013
D, My Private Hideaway from Granzella would be one such space.
Photobucket
Message 33 of 45 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Oct 22, 2013

Miss_Ann_Thrope wrote:

Interesting, as mine synchs with guests, although I haven't been there in a while, so maybe something changed?

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 34 of 45 (240 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 22, 2013
Cannot afford with McDonalds salary
https://www.facebook.com/crystal.m.savage.7
Message 35 of 45 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Oct 22, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Miss_Ann_Thrope wrote:

Interesting, as mine synchs with guests, although I haven't been there in a while, so maybe something changed?

I just checked my Private Hideaway with three friends and we all saw the exact same TOD change as the sun set, bonfire lit, fireworks went off, and sun rose again.  (This happens every other hour, and can not be manually changed, even by changing Time Zones or adjusting the PS3 clock as its on GZ's servers).

The one thing that is not synced are the firework displays, but the time of day change is def synced there.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 36 of 45 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 22, 2013

My Private Hideaway doesn't have diurnal controls. The time changes, but you can't set it, unless there's a button somewhere that I've missed.

It is synched from GZ's servers so it should appear the same for everyone.

Glittering Sands Personal Retreat does have the diurnal controls, and that has issues syncing for everyone. It appears to become an issue when the user can control the time of day.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 37 of 45 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Oct 22, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Edisen wrote:

I know everyone would  like to have changeable day/night cycle settings in apartments.  The problem is that I have yet to find any personal space where the day/night settings actually work simultaneously for both owner AND guests.  And this problem seems consistent across mutilple developers. 

Here are the some where the Time of Day change is not simultaneous for both owner and guests:

LOOT - Sunset Yacht

GZ - My Private Hideaway

LKWD - Dream Yacht

HW - Avalon Keep

HW - Avalon Keep Clubhouse

GZ - Glittering Sands Secluded Retreat

Jug - Seven Winds Personal Space

Jug - Seven Winds Clubhouse

GZ - Japanese Teahouse

GZ - GZ Burger

LKWD - Dream Yacht: Arctic Voyage

GZ - City of Flowers Penthouse "Wonders of the World"

Jug - Bramblenook Farm

Q-Two - Seasons-themed room [seasonal change]

GZ - Secret Peacekeeping Base, Yuma Café

GZ - Nostalgic School Days

So that's a minimum of 16 spaces from 6 different developers (none from Sony) that have simultaneous time of day changes.

Can you list the spaces where the Time of Day changes do not work simultaneously for both owner AND guests?

Sorry, bit busy here.  I think you may have misunderstood my intention.  Yes, all the spaces you have listed are DESIGNED to be synched for owner and guest, in theory.  In actual practise,  the spaces I've listed in orange do not, and never have for me and friends.  The exception is when a friend visits while coming directly from his own version of the same personal space; that person will see what I see.

So when I say the user-defined diurnal/weather effects control bug creates an issue that "does not work across multiple developers" I was refering specifically to Loot, Lockwood, and GZ.

Juggernaut's spaces do not appear to have the bug.  I don't know about Granzella's other newer spaces, or Heavy Water's Avalon Keep, or O-Two's new space.

And as I said before, any day/night changes which are not changeable by the owner, and which are run purely from the serverside, work exactly as designed.

Message 38 of 45 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Oct 22, 2013
I think that it is a far better idea to try before you buy. Made that mistake of not visiting a friend who pulled the trigger on this apt. To be honest I was expecting a bigger space with some pop to it . Being unhappy = not doing my homework. Oh well ....
Message 39 of 45 (160 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2013

Edisen wrote:

Sorry, bit busy here.  I think you may have misunderstood my intention.  Yes, all the spaces you have listed are DESIGNED to be synched for owner and guest, in theory.  In actual practise,  the spaces I've listed in orange do not, and never have for me and friends.  The exception is when a friend visits while coming directly from his own version of the same personal space; that person will see what I see.

I understand what you are saying and yet the only spaces where I have had it not work properly is the Dream Yacht & Arctic Voyage, and even there it is rare that my friends and I do not see the same TOD.

Edisen wrote:

And as I said before, any day/night changes which are not changeable by the owner, and which are run purely from the serverside, work exactly as designed.

Wait... Then how come you have listed as one of the spaces that isn't working properly (for you) the My Private Hideaway apt - as that is not changeable by the owner and is run purely from the serverside.  It's sounding more and more like this issue isn't as much as the space, but more so with the user perhaps?

The point is that just about every single space that has TOD changes, are designed to synch, and at least for me and my guests, they have all worked without fail, other than the Dream Yacht and Arctic Yacht which most of the time work as designed.  So I guess we will have to mark this up as YMMV.

"Like it never happened"

Message 40 of 45 (141 Views)
0 Likes