Re: GZ events

Feb 16, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

ipwnzj00 wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

ipwnzj00 wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:
I actually hope they don't extend the ogre event, only because grinding to stay at a certain spot the leaderboard is so tedious. Thank goodness there's only 11 days left.

Yeah, this. Extending the event wouldn't be fair to those that have to constantly grind to stay on it.

Yet it would be fair to those who can't even grind in the first place?

Sure, I get why it would suck for somebody like Lizette, but right now I'm not even able to play the game. Am I to suffer simply because I didn't assume the core update would break it and plan accordingly?

No one said it was.

It goes both ways. One on hand, you have more work for the people, myself included, that have already been grinding hours on end everyday to try and secure the position they have.

On the other hand, as you stated, some people can't get into the game. Hell, some people have even lost points.

Though, I have a little more sympathy for those affected by the screw ups of 1.75, as no one planned to lose points/get locked from the game and so on.

Actually, I think the only real solution would be if they were to give out the rank rewards on schedule but extend the event only for the rewards that you unlock up to 100,000 points. Yeah, it's a bit of a half-assed solution in a certain sense, but it seems like the most practical option.

Also, apologies if I came off like an **bleep** in my last post, wasn't my intention but sometimes when I read what I wrote before I realize it's pretty easy to take it that way.

I personally don't like rewards being tied to the leaderboard the way GZ did it. If you got the rewards just for making it to the top 100/400/1000/etc, then it wouldn't be so much work. Having to stay there for the entire event, as I stated before, is very tedious. Luckily I'm ranked in the 60s, so I can take it easy with grinding for now.

And no worries, you didn't. I'd be mad too if I couldn't play.

Haha, I could see how that would create a problem too as well. I mean, day 1 of the event I was ranked like 40th with around 12k. I don't exactly deserve a minibike figurine just for that. :smileytongue: I think Granzella should send Lizette a real minibike at this point though. It's not like she didn't earn it;

Message 11 of 13 (73 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3669 posts

Feb 16, 2013

ipwnzj00 wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

ipwnzj00 wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

ipwnzj00 wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:
I actually hope they don't extend the ogre event, only because grinding to stay at a certain spot the leaderboard is so tedious. Thank goodness there's only 11 days left.

Yeah, this. Extending the event wouldn't be fair to those that have to constantly grind to stay on it.

Sure, I get why it would suck for somebody like Lizette, but right now I'm not even able to play the game. Am I to suffer simply because I didn't assume the core update would break it and plan accordingly?

No one said it was.

It goes both ways. One on hand, you have more work for the people, myself included, that have already been grinding hours on end everyday to try and secure the position they have.

On the other hand, as you stated, some people can't get into the game. Hell, some people have even lost points.

Though, I have a little more sympathy for those affected by the screw ups of 1.75, as no one planned to lose points/get locked from the game and so on.

Actually, I think the only real solution would be if they were to give out the rank rewards on schedule but extend the event only for the rewards that you unlock up to 100,000 points. Yeah, it's a bit of a half-assed solution in a certain sense, but it seems like the most practical option.

Also, apologies if I came off like an **bleep** in my last post, wasn't my intention but sometimes when I read what I wrote before I realize it's pretty easy to take it that way.

I personally don't like rewards being tied to the leaderboard the way GZ did it. If you got the rewards just for making it to the top 100/400/1000/etc, then it wouldn't be so much work. Having to stay there for the entire event, as I stated before, is very tedious. Luckily I'm ranked in the 60s, so I can take it easy with grinding for now.

Haha, I could see how that would create a problem too as well. I mean, day 1 of the event I was ranked like 40th with around 12k. I don't exactly deserve a minibike figurine just for that. :smileytongue: I think Granzella should send Lizette a real minibike at this point though. It's not like she didn't earn it;

I certainly admire her patience and dedication. I haven't been this patient with a Home game since I got to level 100 at Orb Runner last year.

Hell I've barely been patient with actual games.

Message 12 of 13 (71 Views)
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Feb 17, 2013

ipwnzj00 wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

ipwnzj00 wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

ipwnzj00 wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

No one said it was.

LOOOOL, the best gift is the end of the event, I like the idea of ending and let the rewards of 100,000, some people have two accounts and I think they would like to have them on both. and this event, not to let me enjoy the rest, but it's fun

Message 13 of 13 (48 Views)
0 Likes