Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: GZ Burger Joint Socially Irresponsible?

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

The point she's trying to make is media, video game developers, and corporate advertisers spend fortunes "branding" concepts to the general public and over the course of time it becomes acceptable.

There was a rcent theatrical release called Branded, which delves into how an advertising company subliminally tricked an entire global population into accepting obesity.

The methods they used were very simple and direct. TV Commercials, Video games, Music and Printed media.

Everyone is aware that obesity isnt healthy and can be corrected unless its a genealogical issue but when repeated over the course of several generations the realization of the dangers becomes less concerning to the public.

I wouldnt go as far as to say Granzella is the devil for their new Burger Space, it actually looks pretty cool.

But I think shes asking is this a new method for "Branding" ?

And if it is...well dont buy it simple as that.

All trees will not bear fruit.

This thread has been cleaned up. Please keep it on topic and respectful. :catwink: -space_cape!!

Message 41 of 70 (197 Views)
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Nov 21, 2012

I second that Joanna, Who doesnt like Hooters :smileyvery-happy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 42 of 70 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1688 posts

Nov 21, 2012

StardustChampion wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Well what I was trying to point out was subliminal programming that has been used in advertising and the way it has been used in video games and in Home.

Burger Time is a Space Panic clone with a restaurant theme. Peter Pepper is a chef who makes hamburgers. There is no subliminal programming.

Speaking of subliminal programming ...

BooBooBurgers

Yum ... :smileylol:

Message 43 of 70 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2412 posts

Nov 21, 2012
*walks into topic* ....The heck are you all talking about...? Hooters...? Meh, Buffalo Wild Wings is better, IMO.

Anyway, on the ORIGINAL topic, anyone who has the space, how is it? I got 11 bucks and some change on my PSN atm... but Sega just HAD to announce Sonic the Fighters for next week, and after setting aside the money for that I fall 2 cents short of being able to get this (>______<). So I might as well use the... however long it'll be... to hear opinions on it.

(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 44 of 70 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1721 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Your the first person who understood what I was trying to get at.

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

The point she's trying to make is media, video game developers, and corporate advertisers spend fortunes "branding" concepts to the general public and over the course of time it becomes acceptable.

There was a rcent theatrical release called Branded, which delves into how an advertising company subliminally tricked an entire global population into accepting obesity.

The methods they used were very simple and direct. TV Commercials, Video games, Music and Printed media.

Everyone is aware that obesity isnt healthy and can be corrected unless its a genealogical issue but when repeated over the course of several generations the realization of the dangers becomes less concerning to the public.

I wouldnt go as far as to say Granzella is the devil for their new Burger Space, it actually looks pretty cool.

But I think shes asking is this a new method for "Branding" ?

And if it is...well dont buy it simple as that.

All trees will not bear fruit.

This thread has been cleaned up. Please keep it on topic and respectful. :catwink: -space_cape!!

Message 45 of 70 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9377 posts

Nov 21, 2012
:smileysurprised: did you just say sonic...the..fighters?!?!?!?!?!!,389:&,92&2,& DUDE you just made my life worth living!!! Thank you Wave! Oh man oh man oh man /endofftopic

Back to the open house subject though @AbysmalDawna, I asked to define because open houses as they are called arent always made available, only some developers decide to do it from what I believe, it takes extra time and money into making a seperate public version, with commerce points and furniture and other stuff apparently. From history, it seems only the most profitable companies in the past have done these, such as LOOT. SCEA has given apartments to HCVS also to show off personal spaces. But yeah, if you mean a tour, check the list as many people especially tour guides wouldnt mind showing you the space :smileyhappy:
Support Forums
Message 46 of 70 (145 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2412 posts

Nov 21, 2012
Yep, I said Sonic the Fighters. Will be 5 bucks.

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/11/20/am2-fighting-games-headed-to-xbla-and-psn/

By now you all know how much of a rabid Sonic fanboy I am. :smileytongue:

(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 47 of 70 (130 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29220 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

Edit: posted in wrong thread. :smileywink:

Message 48 of 70 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9377 posts

Nov 21, 2012
I didnt but now I know *_* jaha as nerdy as this sounds I own one of the largest Sonic merchandise collections in Canada or so I hear :smileyhappy: One day I will sell it for millions, buy Home, and flood the servers with burger propaganda making you all flock to Canada to eat my 10 ounce angus burgers ^_^ holy cow! (who says i dont have aspirations?!)
TL;DR - sonic the fighters is so getting bought :smileyhappy:
Support Forums
Message 49 of 70 (120 Views)
Survivor
1721 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Another thing that came into my mind when I first thought of this is that when I have shopped at walmart I have seen people that are so obese that they ride around in scooters and cant even walk to get their food. While I know there are people who have become fat due to genetics or gland problem there is now a new species of humans that is increasing everyday.  I have watched what these people buy and there are carts full of sugar carbonated water and lots of other things that have been designed for profit over healthy benefits. You may ask why I care?  Its not that I care about them but self-preservation.  The more of these obese people there are the more our resources and hospitals are affected ultmately raising costs and lowering the quality of life for all and especially me. The obesity epidemic is ultimately worse than smoking, drugs and even global warming.  This epidemic started in the eighties with the advent of home video games. 

Message 50 of 70 (238 Views)
0 Likes