Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: Furture Of Mercia

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

TJMVoyager wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

The more I've thought about this, I feel like the problem itself is Lockwoods staff.

I remember when I first joined Home in 2010, Lockwood was doing well for themselves. They were releasing nice content, Sodium spaces were nice. Then came Sodium 2, it was great.

Then we later find out, there's no longer a sodium team and doesn't seem to have any plans for adding another team to replace it.

Not only that, Lockwood has been known to reskin content and publish spaces that are broken in many ways.

In due time, they fix some of the bugs. Though, the same can't be said about their wonderful Mercia game.

A game that could've been great for Home, since it had that something new touch. That we had never seen on Home before.

What I find to be most annoying, to those who were in the beta, like myself.

I remember many many of us listing the bugs of the game, plus the fixes and things we'd like to see. After the beta, users lie myself were expecting to see changes in the public release, however there was not.

I feel as though Lockwood has became a lazy developer, since they seem to not have cared to repair their game. 

Plus the fact they release it and move on so fast to another game, aka UpRoar. Without even giving the time and chance for Mercia, to really flourish on Home, is a bad step.

I pesonally don't see UpRoar as anything successful on Home, everytime I've visited the space, it barely has 5 ot 6 users in it. So, why does Lockwood still keep a game around that did make it big, but axe a game that could've had many players? If they had fixed the bugs of course.

Lockwood just needs a revamped staff, I thnk if they hired more employees and brought back some originality to their content.

I could see Lockwood rising again.

This is what I mean, a game like Uproar with few less people, and charge money, and it works, yet we have Mercia, broken of course, charging money for stuff while broken, so in theory, it makes no sense to me at all.

For the most part Lockwood makes some amazing spaces, I buy a lot of there stuff, however I am very disappointed in terms of Mercia.

You just don't give up on a game after charging people for it. This is so wrong.

I do like the fact they're still selling Mercia weapons in the gift machine, though the game is never getting updated.

Anything to get a buck, I guess? -sarcasm-

I'm not too sure if they're still selling their content, at the game lounge.

UpRoar to me isn't as popular, probably for the simple fact that the space is a 1/50 chance of getting in, without getting stuck. Lol

Well, it's not like they told people to purchase their Mercia content.

Though I do feel like they owe the community something in return, for just abandoning it.

Message 51 of 54 (155 Views)
Fender Bender
1688 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Thew902 wrote:
Were you even in the beta, al? Many issues were pointed out only to show up in the final product.

Thew - My partner and I were Beta testers for Mercia. Because both of us are computer programmers with QA experience irl, we both took copius notes about what was good, bad and ugly about the game. We were both very upset that LKWD released this final version had so many of the bugs we testers repeatedly complained about on Forum. All that meticulous work documenting everything to make gameplay smooth, playable and enjoyable (even though some suggestions were implemented) seemed not for naught. I really enjoyed this game and had high hopes for this concept. A coop "multiplayer" PvE RPG was quite ambitious for Home - I really welcomed this game because it was a change of pace. Like you, Mistress Liliana, RPGs are one of my fave genres as well. I'm just sad it was poorly executed. :smileysad:

Message 52 of 54 (150 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29222 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

goddessbunny42 wrote:

Thew902 wrote:
Were you even in the beta, al? Many issues were pointed out only to show up in the final product.

Thew - My partner and I were Beta testers for Mercia. Because both of us are computer programmers with QA experience irl, we both took copius notes about what was good, bad and ugly about the game. We were both very upset that LKWD released this final version had so many of the bugs we testers repeatedly complained about on Forum. All that meticulous work documenting everything to make gameplay smooth, playable and enjoyable (even though some suggestions were implemented) seemed not for naught. I really enjoyed this game and had high hopes for this concept. A coop "multiplayer" PvE RPG was quite ambitious for Home - I really welcomed this game because it was a change of pace. Like you, Mistress Liliana, RPGs are one of my fave genres as well. I'm just sad it was poorly executed. :smileysad:

It's seems the Home Platform isn't stable enough for games that are seriously complex. Even poker at EA had it's share of problems way back when which never seemed to ever be fixable with freezing of tables and the like. Acorn is our latest example of a new release where the space is wonderful and all yet the games – boat rentals and bike rentals – just don't seem to work correctly. 

There has to be a big issue once developed games are released and load tested. 

Mercia took a lot of development time and money to produce and Lockwood I suspect didn't even get close to making it's money back let alone make a profit so they decided it was best to cut and run. It was a great social game as well. I can remember seeing so many of my friends there and fellow forumers. 

The basic issue with the game was that is was simply Free to Play and one didn't need to buy anything to level up. So many of us simply played and finished the game without spending money. There needed to be some sort of pay component to make it profitable I suppose. Who knows how many would have bought into it if there was. 

Message 53 of 54 (143 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1639 posts

May 19, 2013

I totality agree with you Joanna. They should have made the first couple of levels free and to get through the rest of them. Someone said that they should run these games on a separate / private server like Home Tycoon. I noticed with Home Tycoon there's less problems and things seem to work very well at that.

While I don't think it's a Home issue, I think its more of a PSN issue that the PSN is slow and has network issues.

This level of MMO requires a lot of bandwidth, which I do believe what's creating a lot of problems.

Message 54 of 54 (108 Views)
0 Likes