Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5320 posts

Re: Furture Of Mercia

May 18, 2013

the game was eh, even during the E3 preview. then again, I get bored easily with most "big" PShome games.

I think the only PShome big game(s) I ever like was the Uncharted 3 and Dead Island one. Even so after like 3-5 plays I just don't really bother.....especially for those that you have to pay or mircopay for select games. I much rather buy/play an actual PS3 game.

Batman-Why do we fall? WE fall so we can learn to get back up!
Nightwing- No! that's not true, we fall because SOMEONE pushes us. We get up....to Push Back!
N52 Nightwing 30

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 41 of 54 (275 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1993 posts

May 18, 2013
Mercia was a great game when it started off at E3, it was like nothing else PlayStation Home had before, I was really excited for it's full release afterwards.

Once the beta was finally released I participated and sadly that didn't go well, what was even worse is no ones feedback was even acknowledged, they just threw out the full version similar to the beta, I guess they were looking for revenue finally, though they may as well have skipped the beta overall.

I also think if the bugs were fixed (enemy spawn errors, falling through the floor 80% of the time, disconnecting from the game server, etc) and there was more content added right away then Mercia would have taken off a lot better since the game had no purchasable content for about a month or two upon it's public release, so I'm sure that didn't help because by the time anything came out for the game most of us had already reached the top level.

They also could have added different areas to travel as a bought dlc, or increased the variety in purchasable weapons/armour, maybe even made items for both in game and outside of Mercia (because everything sold was in game). :catsad:

Mercia had a lot of potential as was stated but unfortunately Lockwood dropped the space, so it won't be receiving any updates now.
Message 42 of 54 (269 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4019 posts

May 18, 2013

LegoFire wrote:
Mercia was a great game when it started off at E3, it was like nothing else PlayStation Home had before, I was really excited for it's full release afterwards.

Once the beta was finally released I participated and sadly that didn't go well, what was even worse is no ones feedback was even acknowledged, they just threw out the full version similar to the beta, I guess they were looking for revenue finally, though they may as well have skipped the beta overall.

I also think if the bugs were fixed (enemy spawn errors, falling through the floor 80% of the time, disconnecting from the game server, etc) and there was more content added right away then Mercia would have taken off a lot better since the game had no purchasable content for about a month or two upon it's public release, so I'm sure that didn't help because by the time anything came out for the game most of us had already reached the top level.

They also could have added different areas to travel as a bought dlc, or increased the variety in purchasable weapons/armour, maybe even made items for both in game and outside of Mercia (because everything sold was in game). :catsad:

Mercia had a lot of potential as was stated but unfortunately Lockwood dropped the space, so it won't be receiving any updates now.

Bummer. I really enjoyed playing through it and hoped we'd get word on an update like the one they just teased for the Prarie. 

Message 43 of 54 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1639 posts

May 18, 2013

But here's the things, and I know this is a ongoing trend. It seems to me and safe to say a lot of stuff is being released and it's broken and they expect to make a profit off of it.

This was the problem with Mercia, there was problems from the start, and yet Lockwood expected to make money? Really, you think.

Look at Acorn Meadows, look at any other thing that's being released onto Home.

I know it's always going to be beta yes, but don't expect to make money on broken, buggy stuff.

I don't know why or how someone can get away with doing 2 things of which, 1 designing something and it broken, and 2 charging for something that's broken, and dropping the project.

As far as I am concerned, that's not right. You want to make money on something, make it good, and make it enjoyable, don't release something that's buggy, and expecting to make money off it.

Message 44 of 54 (229 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1173 posts

May 18, 2013

TJMVoyager wrote:

But here's the things, and I know this is a ongoing trend. It seems to me and safe to say a lot of stuff is being released and it's broken and they expect to make a profit off of it.

This was the problem with Mercia, there was problems from the start, and yet Lockwood expected to make money? Really, you think.

I know it's always going to be beta yes, but don't expect to make money on broken, buggy stuff.

I don't know why or how someone can get away with doing 2 things of which, 1 designing something and it broken, and 2 charging for something that's broken, and dropping the project.

As far as I am concerned, that's not right. You want to make money on something, make it good, and make it enjoyable, don't release something that's buggy, and expecting to make money off it.

I totally get you. Personally I was never a fan of Mercia, but I know the feeling of putting money into something thats broken that never got fixed. -cough-Dead Island.-cough- It sucks, but once they have your money there's really nothing that can be done, unfortunately.

Message 45 of 54 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1639 posts

May 19, 2013

TrickedOutHoro wrote:

TJMVoyager wrote:

I totally get you. Personally I was never a fan of Mercia, but I know the feeling of putting money into something thats broken that never got fixed. -cough-Dead Island.-cough- It sucks, but once they have your money there's really nothing that can be done, unfortunately.

Yea unfortunately no, can't keep letting these big hogs take advantage of us, big companies that want to screw us out of our money and we get broken stuff in the end. What I find funny, they use the laws to protect themselves, but where is the laws that protect us? Intresting thought. It's not just Sony either, it's all these big companies.

Message 46 of 54 (187 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

May 19, 2013

Hahaha look at skyrim, it's still one of the glitchiest games ever and it's regarded as an amazing game. When people go on and on about how good games are when they've got so many problems, it certainly doesn't help them change how they make games. 

Message 47 of 54 (183 Views)
Fender Bender
3328 posts

May 19, 2013

TrickedOutHoro wrote:

TJMVoyager wrote:

For me, Mercia got me interested pretty well for it's month of release, but of course like everyone else, the bugs in the game made it less fun than it should have been. Mercia is pretty much potential that could have gone so much farther but now Lockwood abandon's it. I remember the first week of it's launch, it was crowded and everyone was there, but now, umm, not alot anymore.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 48 of 54 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

The more I've thought about this, I feel like the problem itself is Lockwoods staff.

I remember when I first joined Home in 2010, Lockwood was doing well for themselves. They were releasing nice content, Sodium spaces were nice. Then came Sodium 2, it was great.

Then we later find out, there's no longer a sodium team and doesn't seem to have any plans for adding another team to replace it.

Not only that, Lockwood has been known to reskin content and publish spaces that are broken in many ways.

In due time, they fix some of the bugs. Though, the same can't be said about their wonderful Mercia game.

A game that could've been great for Home, since it had that something new touch. That we had never seen on Home before.

What I find to be most annoying, to those who were in the beta, like myself.

I remember many many of us listing the bugs of the game, plus the fixes and things we'd like to see. After the beta, users lie myself were expecting to see changes in the public release, however there was not.

I feel as though Lockwood has became a lazy developer, since they seem to not have cared to repair their game. 

Plus the fact they release it and move on so fast to another game, aka UpRoar. Without even giving the time and chance for Mercia, to really flourish on Home, is a bad step.

I pesonally don't see UpRoar as anything successful on Home, everytime I've visited the space, it barely has 5 ot 6 users in it. So, why does Lockwood still keep a game around that did make it big, but axe a game that could've had many players? If they had fixed the bugs of course.

Lockwood just needs a revamped staff, I thnk if they hired more employees and brought back some originality to their content.

I could see Lockwood rising again.

Message 49 of 54 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1639 posts

May 19, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

The more I've thought about this, I feel like the problem itself is Lockwoods staff.

I remember when I first joined Home in 2010, Lockwood was doing well for themselves. They were releasing nice content, Sodium spaces were nice. Then came Sodium 2, it was great.

Then we later find out, there's no longer a sodium team and doesn't seem to have any plans for adding another team to replace it.

Not only that, Lockwood has been known to reskin content and publish spaces that are broken in many ways.

In due time, they fix some of the bugs. Though, the same can't be said about their wonderful Mercia game.

A game that could've been great for Home, since it had that something new touch. That we had never seen on Home before.

What I find to be most annoying, to those who were in the beta, like myself.

I remember many many of us listing the bugs of the game, plus the fixes and things we'd like to see. After the beta, users lie myself were expecting to see changes in the public release, however there was not.

I feel as though Lockwood has became a lazy developer, since they seem to not have cared to repair their game. 

Plus the fact they release it and move on so fast to another game, aka UpRoar. Without even giving the time and chance for Mercia, to really flourish on Home, is a bad step.

I pesonally don't see UpRoar as anything successful on Home, everytime I've visited the space, it barely has 5 ot 6 users in it. So, why does Lockwood still keep a game around that did make it big, but axe a game that could've had many players? If they had fixed the bugs of course.

Lockwood just needs a revamped staff, I thnk if they hired more employees and brought back some originality to their content.

I could see Lockwood rising again.

This is what I mean, a game like Uproar with few less people, and charge money, and it works, yet we have Mercia, broken of course, charging money for stuff while broken, so in theory, it makes no sense to me at all.

For the most part Lockwood makes some amazing spaces, I buy a lot of there stuff, however I am very disappointed in terms of Mercia.

You just don't give up on a game after charging people for it. This is so wrong.

Message 50 of 54 (139 Views)
0 Likes