Fender Bender
2767 posts

Re: Furture Of Mercia

May 18, 2013

I still like it, though I am at a really buggy part, a shame people at lockwood won't even try to fix it

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 54 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
465 posts

May 18, 2013

Hum. I've already spent a mint in Mercia, and I'm prepared to spend more. So it begs the question: is it cheaper to fix a concept or simply come up with a new one? Because I would think that it would be easier to patch the thing and open up some areas in the Lockaway (because I'm 95% sure that place is where the next update was going to happen) than to keep coming up with totally new ideas (or just beating a dead horse, in the case of the Dream Line).

I wonder how long we can keep this thread in the top. It might make someone take notice.

Club: Nachtmere
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 54 (232 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

May 18, 2013

ralahinn1 wrote:

I still like it, though I am at a really buggy part, a shame people at lockwood won't even try to fix it

I believe Lockwood is very under staffed right now. I do know they don't have a Sodium Team anymore, it would also be apparent that their Mercia team is probably gone too. 

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 54 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013
Mercia

'Merica

America

....America! :smileyvery-happy:
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 54 (227 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1534 posts

May 18, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:
Mercia

'Merica

America

....America! :smileyvery-happy:

Reminds me off Team America World Police, that song, Team America Bleep Yeah, LOLz, :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 54 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 18, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

I might have played it again after the beta, if the in game purchasable items were also inventory items that could be worn anywhere. But as others have said, the game was just not challenging enough to need a purchased advantage.

The armors are. I bought an archer bundle thinking I would be able to use it once more levels were added. Too bad I found mostly better things in the game. I really did hate the ugly brown armor, though, so I guess it was worth it to wear white. If I would have known it was going to be abandoned I would have never have spent real money on it, though. What seems to have happened was that they pushed it hard at Home's E3 last summer. They pretty much promised at said E3 that it would be out by the end of August. We were all amazed since it was the most complicated thing we had seen in Home and in shock that it was coming so quickly. Then the beta started. We beta testers found pretty much the entire thing bugged from beginning to end. It was supposed to be released the beginning of August, but it was pushed back to try to fix the bugs. Then it was pushed back again. And again. Finally it was the last week of the month, it was stripped of many elements that made it compelling (there used to be puzzle elements involving stepping on pressure plates and flipping switches to open doors), but it still wasn't working properly. Beta testers begged them not to release it until it was fixed, but the forums were clamoring about the promised Auguest release and getting angry that it wasn't out yet, thinking Lockwood lied to them. They didn't know about the beta test and the ongoing issues since we were mostly under NDA (though we were allowed to show off the rewards we earned in order to build excitement). Lockwood listened to the regular forum goers instead of us testers, no one was willing to put money into a bugged game (except me apparently), and the whole thing crashed and burned. I am pretty broken up about it because RPGs are my favorite genre, and after that epic fail I doubt any other developer will even try to build one.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 54 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1515 posts

May 18, 2013

julie_love:

They also should have made purchasable content more helpful to advancing in the game.

It was easy to advance in the game without buying anything.

It's almost like Lockwood forgot how to make money in Home at some point.

I'd prefer a game that is free to play for the early levels, but where you can unlock upper levels for a small fee, like $5 for Sodium One.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

All excellent points that deserve to be repeated IMO.

“Its like Home is on life support but what does it need? A new kidney? Heart transplant? Its is too weak to even go [through] such a procedure? and worst off the doctors wont even talk to us ..... Is there anything we can do to keep Home alive?” - TSUNADE1224

Home is a great idea, but someone forgot to hire an experienced pilot to fly this plane. - MysticMur
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 54 (185 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2625 posts

May 18, 2013

:^/ For me, the loading times were discouraging, but I played through the end anyway. I would have happily purchased better armor, etc., if it doubled as Home attire wearable outside of Mercia. That would have let it double as advertising, anyway. I still wear the Warior Headband as part of my default look, and use the free Mercia boots in another wardrobe save slot. It's cool stuff, and I'd have liked to buy more.

However, such enhancements would have been usable only within the game, which made them less appealing to me.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 54 (171 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
850 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013
Replayability is such a difficult thing, even under the best of circumstances it's a hard thing. It seems like the biggest issue the Home devs must overcome, game bugs notwithstanding.

I played through the beta- twice because it was reset once, and despite the bugs, I still wandered around both times afterwards wishing there were more.

The one game I replayed over the years was The Sims, when it first came out. But that was because I spent a long time recreating an office I used to work at, right down to the last employee...then I removed all the doors and bathrooms. OMG did those devs have a sense of humor. Now THAT was a satisfying game!
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 54 (170 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1534 posts

May 18, 2013

JoyceHairhelmet wrote:
Replayability is such a difficult thing, even under the best of circumstances it's a hard thing. It seems like the biggest issue the Home devs must overcome, game bugs notwithstanding.

I played through the beta- twice because it was reset once, and despite the bugs, I still wandered around both times afterwards wishing there were more.

The one game I replayed over the years was The Sims, when it first came out. But that was because I spent a long time recreating an office I used to work at, right down to the last employee...then I removed all the doors and bathrooms. OMG did those devs have a sense of humor. Now THAT was a satisfying game!

What I find kind of bother some is the fact that this was broke even berfore and after the beta. Why it was never worked on, thats beyond me.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 54 (144 Views)
0 Likes