QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 54 (315 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3987 posts

Re: Furture Of Mercia

May 18, 2013
Were you even in the beta, al? Many issues were pointed out only to show up in the final product.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 54 (311 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

May 18, 2013

BUSHWICKED2 wrote:

julie_love wrote:

Gogginblaze wrote:

mercia was doomed before it was out of beta

I agree. The beta was huge. They really should have reset all the beta testers scores before it went live. That would have given thousands more people an incentive to buy things in the game. They also should have made purchasable content more helpful to advancing in the game.

It was easy to advance in the game without buying anything.

They did reset us all.. yes easy enuff not to be FORCED to spend like EVERYTHING is now

Are you trying to make the point that you'd prefer to play a buggy game where you froze constantly or disconnected? I'd prefer a game that is free to play for the early levels, but where you can unlock upper levels for a small fee, like $5 for Sodium One.

And please explain who is forcing you to spend money in Home?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 54 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1916 posts

May 18, 2013

I tried it and thats as far as i got, not my cup of tea for games on Home. It was too big in my mind and took forever to load.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 54 (305 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29070 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Thew902 wrote:
Were you even in the beta, al? Many issues were pointed out only to show up in the final product.

The game went live with many of the bugs Beta Testers were reporting. It is a shame because Mercia was fun. I know I played through it both during the Beta and when it went live.

Home games it appears are really not destined for longevity. I certainly am not inclined to spend money on them. I'd much rather put real money into a polished game on the xmb. Tomb Raider, The Last of Us and more are what I'd prefer to spend my money on. 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 54 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10796 posts

May 18, 2013

Thew902 wrote:

No, BUT i wish! (100% of Betas in Home i never get invite)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 54 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1519 posts

May 18, 2013

I might have played it again after the beta, if the in game purchasable items were also inventory items that could be worn anywhere. But as others have said, the game was just not challenging enough to need a purchased advantage.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 54 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

BUSHWICKED2 wrote:

julie_love wrote:

Gogginblaze wrote:

mercia was doomed before it was out of beta

I agree. The beta was huge. They really should have reset all the beta testers scores before it went live. That would have given thousands more people an incentive to buy things in the game. They also should have made purchasable content more helpful to advancing in the game.

It was easy to advance in the game without buying anything.

They did reset us all.. yes easy enuff not to be FORCED to spend like EVERYTHING is now

No one is forcing you to spend cash on Home, I don't get that logic.

Sony and third parties make content, yes some things are pay to play, but there's no real forcing there.

You have control over your wallet.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 54 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
974 posts

May 18, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Thew902 wrote:

The game went live with many of the bugs Beta Testers were reporting. It is a shame because Mercia was fun. I know I played through it both during the Beta and when it went live.

Home games it appears are really not destined for longevity. I certainly am not inclined to spend money on them. I'd much rather put real money into a polished game on the xmb. Tomb Raider, The Last of Us and more are what I'd prefer to spend my money on. 

Yea that seems to be the case, & I would rather spend higher amounts of money on stand-alone games. Tho w/ the amount of users that have been around since closed beta or day 1 of open beta, you would think making games that have replayabilty & frequent updates would serve the Devs better imo. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 54 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1547 posts

May 18, 2013

The game was alot of fun, I remember waking up the next morning to get on and do my quests because I liked it that much. They could have made money off of this, if they would have just fixed the bugs in the game.

I have always said, and say it again, something is only good as long as the company / developer is good.

Lockwood I have always liked, and still to this day buy stuff from them, and I think they are 100% wrong for giving up on this game because this game is a head of its time really. Who'd ever think that a RPG would make it into a virtual world different from all those other games.

I think and still to this day believe that Lockwood could have made alot of money on this game, probably would have been a gold mine. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 54 (257 Views)