Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 18 2013
By: TJMVoyager Uncharted Territory 1610 posts

Furture Of Mercia

53 replies 435 views Edited May 18, 2013

So was wondering, I love the game Mercia and is one of my favorite games on Home to date. But as people such as myself there is alot of bugs and glitches in the game, and the developer hasn't been doing much with it.

I was wondering whats the developers take on this and some of your views?

Like to know on PS Home side as well as the community.

This game has so much potential I thought by now we'd see something like World of Warcraft on Home but in a different way. Why did they let it die and not do anything with it.

They could make a lot of money from this game as it's a unquie game RPG within Home.

If I was the developer of Mercia, I would have done so much with it that people would be flauking to it just to play it.

The graphics are cool in it, the game play not half bad, and the weapons and armor made it feel like one of those $60.00 games like Skyrim or others.

I'd like to hear the developers comments on this and what they have planned for the furture of Mercia. It still can provide alot of entertainment to ones self.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 54 (435 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Furture Of Mercia

May 18, 2013

They gave up on it completely, simple as that. They even said so in a post here or somewhere else on another site, I forget where. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 54 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
398 posts

May 18, 2013

mercia was doomed before it was out of beta

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 54 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

May 18, 2013

Yeah, Lockwood did say it didn't generate the revenue they expected, so pretty much they abandoned everything on Mercia.

Can't really blame the users on it when the game had too many issues from the start and the beta feedback was pretty much disregarded.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 54 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Gogginblaze wrote:

I agree. The beta was huge. They really should have reset all the beta testers scores before it went live. That would have given thousands more people an incentive to buy things in the game. They also should have made purchasable content more helpful to advancing in the game.

It was easy to advance in the game without buying anything.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 54 (406 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1610 posts

May 18, 2013

The reason why it didn't do well because it was broken and never got fixed in the first place. You can't expect the game to fix itself, they gave up on it yes, they refused to fix it totality thus is why it didn't go over well.

You can't just give up on projects that you start, and this seems common on Home to say the least, look at the other stuff that was released and never fixed.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 54 (401 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

May 18, 2013
Out of service
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 54 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4861 posts

May 18, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
Out of service

I remember at E3 last year when there was a lot of hype for Mercia. I myself was quite excited about it, it's ashame they didn't do more for it and fix the bugs there. It did have a lot of potential and it is a visually stunning space.

Makes it worse that they ditched it for Uproar too.

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 54 (376 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

May 18, 2013

TJMVoyager wrote:

The reason why it didn't do well because it was broken and never got fixed in the first place. You can't expect the game to fix itself, they gave up on it yes, they refused to fix it totality thus is why it didn't go over well.

You can't just give up on projects that you start, and this seems common on Home to say the least, look at the other stuff that was released and never fixed.

Sure, but this is Lockwood we're talking about. Remember Sodium One? I can't recall anyone objecting to paying $5 to play the 45 upper levels of the game because it was a great experience. They updated the game several times and bundled content for sale.

It's almost like Lockwood forgot how to make money in Home at some point.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 54 (364 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

May 18, 2013

julie_love wrote:

Gogginblaze wrote:

I agree. The beta was huge. They really should have reset all the beta testers scores before it went live. That would have given thousands more people an incentive to buy things in the game. They also should have made purchasable content more helpful to advancing in the game.

It was easy to advance in the game without buying anything.

They did reset us all.. yes easy enuff not to be FORCED to spend like EVERYTHING is now

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 54 (362 Views)
0 Likes