Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Re: Freezing vs. ddos'ing..

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Oh well I always liked melpoe. Hes cool with me.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 44 (357 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4380 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Hi all,

Some off-topic posts have been removed from this conversation.  Please jeep things repectful and on topic in this thread.

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 44 (218 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 22, 2013

What exactly is DDOSing? I'm new to this kind of stuff and all the dangers of PSHome. I've been on PSHome since 2009, but it wasn't until I joined this forum a few months back, that I am now being educated with these issues.

Antonio Xul
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 44 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Apr 22, 2013
quick question whats "ddosers" stand for ?
Minecraft logos
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 44 (165 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29011 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Here is a formal definition.

DDOS

A denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) occurs when multiple systems flood the bandwidth or resources of a targeted system, usually one or more web servers. When a server is overloaded with connections, new connections can no longer be accepted.

In practical terms if a user that can do ddos knows your IP address they can target your system and keep your for properly using your internet connection. 

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 44 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Here is a formal definition.

DDOS

A denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) occurs when multiple systems flood the bandwidth or resources of a targeted system, usually one or more web servers. When a server is overloaded with connections, new connections can no longer be accepted.

In practical terms if a user that can do ddos knows your IP address they can target your system and keep your for properly using your internet connection. 

o ok
Minecraft logos
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 44 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
30 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I've actually asked about this before, neither of the two are any better than the other and I'm satisfied with the banning of users freezing servers, but why isn't anything being done to users who "boot" other's off home and in some cases offline completely? It violates the user agreement and the law, I just believe that if users who merge avatars / freeze servers can be banned then users who DDOS other users should be banned as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 44 (150 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Apr 22, 2013
For now, I can only avoid people like that on Home... Not sure why some folks get their enjoyment off these types of things. Because in the end it doesn't solve anything.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 44 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 6, 2013

That's a good point. Honestly, you see it all the time with the arguing on home a few people get annoyed or angry and are quick to freeze the person they've been going at it with or they'll boot them offline. Do you know if Sony is doing anything about this? I see a few people freezing the servers still and the ddos isn't very common, but to me it's something they should address as both have devastating effects.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 44 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3284 posts

May 6, 2013

BilIyMazeHere wrote:

That's a good point. Honestly, you see it all the time with the arguing on home a few people get annoyed or angry and are quick to freeze the person they've been going at it with or they'll boot them offline. Do you know if Sony is doing anything about this? I see a few people freezing the servers still and the ddos isn't very common, but to me it's something they should address as both have devastating effects.

Welcome to the forums Billy Maze :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 44 (105 Views)
0 Likes